Message Boards

Messages By: jenjen27

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 4:22 pm CDT

New Here

Didnt find "place" to go for me.  Trying to lose 35-45lbs.  Had a child in 08/02 and again 10/04 and never lost the weight from first one and second didnt gain much more. Just started this week on Dr. Phils Rapid Start Program.  Started Wednesday and so far lost 4lbs.  So doing pretty good.  Lost a pound a day for first two days third day lost 2 pounds, and this mornings weigh in didnt lose nothing.  I added fruits to the plan so maybe that isnt working for me.  I didnt have any fruits in the house that I like ( not really a fruity person) so on Thursday asked hubby to bring me home a few things to add like in Dr. Phils Guideline of Meals and did that and no weight change when I did.  So maybe better off without it so much maybe not in a meal but in a snack only.  So far doing good yet I still have that craving for chocolate.  That is my biggest pitfall.  I have 4 kids so difficult to not have certain things around but I have been very good and keeping great motivation.  Nice to meet you all and hope Ill achieve what I want to.  Will be great to come here and talk any problems I have with this.  I have tried all sorts of different diets , worst one was atkins as I gained it all back and then some.  Dr Phils guideline is really clear, easy to follow.  No funky weird meals etc.  Simple!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
July 23, 2005, 9:53 pm CDT

Brenbiel

I have made a habit of weighing myself every morning before I dress since I got pregnant in 2001.  To sorta monitor my weight for pregnancy and losing afterwards.  I dont really change much except a pound up or down until I started the RSP.  The main reason people say not to do it is so it doesnt get you down if you dont lose or if you gain.  It doesnt do that for me.  It helps me monitor what I am doing since I know I usually only differ a pound up or down... If I am continously going down I know I am doing it.  If I go up and up then I know I am doing something wrong before I go up too far.  5 lbs extra can be twice as hard to get rid of.  This is just what Ive always done and it doesnt effect my motivation in a negative way.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 5:16 pm CDT

brenbiel

Thanks Brenbiel been nice being here so far.  Getting a little more difficult being around foods I cant have yet.  Hard to take everything away from the kids.  Doing good with it but still a little depressing thinking "I know that taste good!" lol.  Well hope everyone had a great weekend.  Take care and chat more later.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 5:52 pm CDT

Hey Everyone!

I am just starting the RSP and Doing okay so far.  Started Wednesday and so far Lost 3lbs.  Have 4 girls so with all the kids its hard doing it while they eat things I cannot yet.  But I am sure Ill do it.  Looking to only lose 35lbs.  Tried so many diets and of course nothing has happened.  But so far this is working I hope it can do the job.  Seems harder to lose now than it did 10 years ago!  Well gotta go for now just wanted to say hi!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 9:01 am CDT

Brenbiel and Linda

Hi Linda nice to meet you and hope you find your diaries as I know that probably means a whole lot to you.

Brenbiel, well as I stated before that fruit hurt me I dont know if I did something wrong or just my body so just hanging in there. Tuesday I started and using the Ultimate Weight Solution Food guide.  I kinda skimmed through his UWS book.  I used to smoke cigarettes and quit everytime I was pregant then when the baby was about 9 mo to 12 mo I started back up again.  As I said I have 4 kids all girls,  well with the 3rd one I quit for good.  So of course food taste better and the habit of putting something in your mouth.  I tried so many different things and nothing really worked.  I ate alot during that pregnancy and gained 20 extra unwanted pounds.  Well I tried to lose it with Atkins and gained another 10 pounds.  The 4th pregnancy I watched my weight and what I eat so I wouldnt gain any extra unwanted pounds which I gained approx 5 so not bad.  Over time Ive gotten out of habit of wanting something inmy mouth but food taste is hard to get by. So there is my history of weight gain.  I have stayed at my constant weight since pregnancy so not gained not lost.  I have tried exercising, cutting down on what I eat, just everything and no luck.   So I thought Id try this since I already had the book.  Started  Tuesday as I stated.  Which on the scale last 9mo I have always went up one down one.  I am following the guide in this book and it includes a fruit at breakfast and lunch and you can have a fruit for snack or veg etc.  Well starting out I didnt have any fruits that I like in the house.  So I just skipped it, Wednesday morn I was down 1pound.  I really was happy to see numbers I havent seen in long time lol.  Wednesday I did the same without fruit and Thursday morn down another pound.  Thursday Did same thing and asked hubby to bring home some fruits as I thought I might need the vitamins etc as Dr Phil has them in the program. Thought it would help more.  Well Friday Morn I was down 2 more pounds.  So 4lbs total... I added Fruit to the menu as he has stated for Fridays meals, woke up Sat morning and gained 2 I was baffled... Then Saturday I am gone almost all day, I got a couple of things from a fast food that I thought I could eat, egg and ate a biscuit for my starchy even though it wasnt wheat.  For lunch I had a sonic grilled chicken salad, and snack half a banana, and a full home cooked dinner as stated in his book, I went back down a pound, although it felt like I didnt eat much all day compared to when I eat from his schedule at home.   Then I did good yesterday following it without fruit at all and this morning I was same no change.  So maybe I am getting back on track just doing away with fruit all together (which I could care less as I dont like fruit much anyways haha) and just see how that goes and see if I still keep going down without it.  I am already at a number I havent seen in a long time so still very happy!! Ill follow again today without fruit and see if tomorrow I at least stay the same.   I know once I get to the stage 2 I can add fruit juices but I will probably opt out of that too hehe.   I been skinny all my life and used to be easy to get rid of the weight and here I am struggling to get it off.  I know once I get it off Ill be fine as I have stayed same weight for so long.  Its the pregnancy that got me.  I am also trying to do more cleaning and busy body stuff in the house.  Its hard to get out with 4 kids, while pregnant I had my older kids do alot of chores to help keep up.  Well now I am trying to do more of those chores instead of them.  Plus my 9 mo old is now getting very mobile having to chase her around and my 2 year old is so active I can hardly keep up but trying!! haha.  She is the boy in the family into everything and house looks like a tornado in 5 minutes, so i am constantly picking up so it keeps me busy.   I am interested in any advice as I am new to being older and trying to lose this!!  It seems I am so far on the right track hasnt been a week yet and losing.  I am afraid once I get to stage2 I wont lose.  Its been so hard trying to lose and Ive tried so many programs with no success.  I even tried cutting down on what I eat and bike riding 3 miles up hills etc. everyday for over a week and nothing happened.  So I am excited about this as its working so far!! I hope it gets me to my goal!!!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 5:43 am CDT

Joy

Hey if you go back to the listings of messageboards and go to the one that says "Anybody that just cant seem to start" there is a whole lot of motivation and people who support each other, we started today with getting back on track.  Feel free to join us there.  Everyone is friendly and helpful!!

Jen

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 8, 2005, 5:26 am CDT

0 Joy - From the Success Show

161/155/153/120  I am gonna post start weight/last monday weight in/current weight in/goal weight to show difference in the week as well.   I also lost 2 inches.  

In three weeks I have lost 8lbs.  Hopefully by next weigh in Ill get it to a total of 10lbs which will be a month! 

Jen 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 15, 2005, 12:31 pm CDT

hey girlies

My weigh in is 161/153/151/120  begining weight/last weeks weight/todays weight/goal weight  

I lost 2lbs this weeek!!  Today has been a whole month for me now and I have lost a total of 10lbs!  I stayed the same since last wednesday.  Its hard to eat exactly right on when your supposed to when out and about.  At least for me.  I didnt indulge but I dont eat everything I am supposed to eat.  When I eat all that is in the DR P menu plan I lose, when I just eat part of it I dont lose or gain. Last weekend was one of the biggest weekends Ive had.  This weekend will be a little better I believe.  Not as much going on.  So if I incorporate what I did begining of last week this week I should hopefully lose more.  Id like to lose 3lbs a week.  I almost did it this week.  

Hope everyone is doing well!!    

((hugs)) 

Jen 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 18, 2005, 5:11 am CDT

Hey girls

Thanks linda and glad you had a great trip!! 

Thanks for the congrats Brenda!! 

Hope all is going well with all you girls!! 

((hugs))
Jen 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
September 2, 2005, 5:38 pm CDT

hello everyone!!

Its been awhile since Ive been to this board.  Ive been on another regularly and come here from time to time to say hey!!  I am still on board with the diet.  I am down to 147.  Still losing but at a much slower rate.  A lady at Mikes (my husbands) work lives down the street from me and she is trying to lose weight and invited me to walk with her in the afternoons.  Since I got 4 kids 2 are very young I cant be gone long but she only walks for 30minutes.  We just go to the school parking lot and walk around it a few times.  Time sure does fly when you do it with someone you know and just talk and talk.  Sure does help.  I am feeling sore just doing that everyday so its working building muscles!!  It is more than I normally do in a day. 

Megan.. hi nice to meet you.  Sounds like you have your hands full with kiddies too.  I have all girls 14, 9, 3, 10months.  I am trying to lose my prego pounds.  Ive tried alot of things and only Dr phils seem to be working.  I gained more than I should with my 3 yr old, and tried atkins and lost 10 but gained 20 after it!  Then got pregnant again and had to really watch my weight not to gain a whole bunch more on top of it.   Some ideas of cheap foods that would be good for you is salad.  Are you in US?  IF so you might qualify for food stamps or wic which will give you milk for you and any kids under 3 I think.   Even a little will help!  Good Luck I bet you are getting really excited about the new one on the way!! 

Well all older two have started school and love it so far.  So I am having the total task again of the two little ones.  What a handful!!  Its a shame of what is going on in the gulf states.  I have donated asome things I have here at home that is extra stuff we dont really use.  The school is having a water bottle drive too.  I tried to start a food and item drive as well and I was going to haul it to a drop off location but school was set on just having the water bottle drive.  OH well... Ill just give what I got here.  We have alot of people coming to our state here to shelters.  Also all campsites here at the parks are being given to them for free to stay at.  So things are going to be needed for a few months.  Just wish I could help more but got the little ones I have to take care of here.   

Well I best go.  Take care everyone!! 

((hugs))  

Jen 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board