Message Boards

Messages By:

July 25, 2005, 8:57 am CDT

At last

thanks Aggie for sending me the link..I never would have found it..I'm really ticked off at these people, first they just pull the board with no notice and then don't give you the info you need to get back to the board..I'm glad some of us are smater than them and found it..I'll post more later..love to all!!! Ann

July 26, 2005, 11:09 am CDT

are we having fun yet???

hey everyone..read the most current posts..I too last night had written this loooong post, catching you up on my life and little messages to everyone..I went back a page to check what someone had said and wham, I lost all my message too..anyway, that's my gripe, maybe it will get ironed out I hope so..the main thing is that we are back together..:) and for that I am grateful..I'll write more later and catch everyone up..good luck tonight Shelly..I swear Rick and I are going to put all we have into quitting on 1 August..he's more ready than I am this time, but I will get back on the patch..this has been the most confusing time of my life in a long time..picking up again and then not being able to get back to the determination I had in February..anyway, enuff out of me, love you all and welcome to the new people..PLEASE stick with us, we need you..xoxoxo Ann

I will quit smoking in 5 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes and 50 seconds.

July 26, 2005, 11:11 am CDT

One more thing!!!

I have this in my "favs' on my computer, but in case I lose it, how did you all find the board..did you start at the Home page?  please let me know the first time anyone gets a chance..thanks..xoxoxo Ann

July 26, 2005, 10:25 pm CDT

*%@*S&

well folks..the above thing are cusswords..I had written this long involved post..AGAIN, telling everyone hello, etc..commenting on stuff as before..my husband saw how long it was..I hit the preview, then went to make a correction in one the words and lost the whole Da** thing..I am spitting nails..so much for accepting things as they are..I will try it all again tomorrow..I really wanted to catch everyone up..but I'll have to do it tomorrow..it's late here and I have CAssie as well as a dog I rescued from the streets today..he's skin and bones and I have to get him to the shelter tomorrow..he's a sweet little thing, someone will adopt him..he was covered in fleas, so now Rick is trying to spray him down, etc and so on..what a mess..but I couldn't let him keep hanging around my daughter's.  He'd been there for a week and she gave him water but no food..I was so ticked at her..Shelly, the Walmart thing, I could go on and on and I did..but I lost it..this is the worst message board I've ever been on..Mario congrats on 7 months, Linda, welcome back, Aggie, thanks for keeping me in touch when the board was down and I'M glad we're all back, welcome to the newcomers and prayers that Kathy makes it back..I will not hit the preview, so if there are errors..big deal, LOL..love to all , check in tomorrow..xoxoxo Ann

I will quit smoking in 5 days, 7 hours, 34 minutes and 39 seconds.

July 26, 2005, 10:28 pm CDT

Leasap and Tray

glad you are both back too..I have to sit down tomorrow and read all the posts..I just scanned a few trying to figure this darn thing out..what a mess..Dr Phil, 'WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????"

July 27, 2005, 8:39 am CDT

Where do you all click the 'Post a Message ' block

good morning everyone..I'm trying to figure out where to click the button..before I've been clicking at the  bottom , this time I clicked at the top..they don't seem to register where I  post..oh well, I had an awful awful night..my granddaughter for some reason got freaked out over a green light in our kitchen..her other grandmother is a sci fi nut and CAss was afraid aliens were after her..I didn't think I'd ever get her calm down, then the dogs, o'vey..anyway..I'll be back later after I drop this little fellow off at the shelter..they were all at it at  7:30 this am. and my husband is in a pissy mood from not enough sleep..I'll need to talk later, love to all..Ann

I will quit smoking in 4 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes and 22 seconds.

July 27, 2005, 9:49 pm CDT

checking in

I've finally come off the walls tonight..what a rough day..these are the days I just survive and even the cigs don't help..I did go to an AlAnon meeting, but I just faked it..i was so upset over the little dog..I would have kept him if we could accomodate three dogs, but we've tried having three many times and it just doesn't work..Cass is all calmed down from her freak out last night..i just let her stay in her gown all day..after her shower she just put it back on and chilled..she could stay on the computer for hours..Rick has chilled out and I've spent some time in prayer and meditation for the doggie..I'm a sucker for an abandoned animal..Shelly, I hope you have a great vacation, you deserve it..we're leaving Monday morning ourselves..we have this old model RV, it ain't much to look at , but it runs and it has cold air conditioning, that's all I need..we will be gone until Friday..I'm looking forward to getting out of our routine and just hanging out with Rick..it's so great to have the board back, even with all it's quirks..love to all, I'll check in tomorrow..xoxoxo Ann

July 29, 2005, 9:01 am CDT

checking in

good morning everyone..didnt get to check in yesterday..it was my daughter's birthday and the entire day was filled with stuff to do..I slept in today and now I need to get around and start getting ready to pack the RV and get to our much awaited vacation..I could count on one hand the real vacations I've had..we went on one when I was a child, so it's just not something that I got accustomed to..so this one means so much..I'll check in more later..love to all and keep up the good work of being smoke free..I'm almost to rejoining you..Ann  I will quit smoking in 2 days, 20 hours, 57 minutes and 40 seconds.

July 29, 2005, 9:42 pm CDT

Happy Friday

hey everyone.I'm so glad it's Friday..my husband officially starts his vacation tonight..we are so excited to be able to 'get away from it all"..even though an RV is a lot of work, I don't mind cause it will be out of my routine..my granddaughter left today and as much as I love her it was time for me to have some time to start getting us ready..I swear it takes two days.  I went to the used book store today and bought a couple of good mystery novels, then got my haircut..then to the Pet Vet store to get my girls some Frontline..fleas and ticks are awful here this time of year..then I went to Target to pick up my current 'obsession' Starbucks Doubleshot of Expressor and Creme..they are so good chilled..I'm hooked on them.  I picked up a couple of sales items in the clothing for the trip and found this hot purse that I had seen at the first of the summer, it's that chartruese green and has the chains and charms on it..it had been nearly $20 and I found it marked down to $4 and some change..couldn't resist..by the time I bought that and some toiletries and things we needed I'd dropped $70..I'll tell ya...$ just goes, but I'm grateful to have some..that's the main thing I'm looking forward to with quitting again, cause our $$ has been tight of course with both of us smoking. Have I mentioned that I hate myself for starting again?  I went out to the grocery store tonight to pick up our regular food for the trip and lost track of time.. my phone was turned off and when my husband came home he freaked, cause I'd told him I was just running down to the corner to buy smokes,thenI changed my mind and bought groceries..rarely does he scold me, but he told me to never do that again...::sigh::  I used to dream of him worrying about me and wondering where I was like I used to do him, now that he gets concered, I get ticked..ya know, ya just can't ever please a woman like me, LOL.  Anyway, I just wanted to chat and say hey to everyone..I am getting excited about he and I quittin together, it was so hard to do it by myself,but at least I did do it and he said I was an inspiration..again,did I say I hate myself for starting again? Anyway, enough babbling out of me..love to all and welcome to the newcomer..hope you find the help and friendship I've been privileged to enjoy here..xoxox Ann

I will quit smoking in 2 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 53 seconds.

July 29, 2005, 9:49 pm CDT

Welcome Deb

Quote From: deb4268

Hi everyone!  I'm new to the boards.  I figured this was probably one of the best places to talk to people who are either trying or who have quit smoking.  I have been smoking for 20 years.  I started when I was about 17.  I have tried to quit a couple of times, but it never seems to work.  I now find that I have to quit now, and it's harder than ever.  It's for my own well-being, but I don't understand why I can't just quit.  It's like I'm fighting myself here.  I guess I just need to talk to people who understand where I am coming from. 

I'm so glad you joined us..I too started smoking when I was 17, I was off and on for years, then started smoking steadily at 28 or so..smoked until I was 57..when I quit last February I really thought I had it made..even though the first three weeks WERE HORRIBLE, after that, I really started liking it, my self esteem was higher, but then I started gaining weight, arguing with hubby and on the 4th month anniversary I went to the 7/11 and bought a pack..it's been a month and a half now and I'm slowly starting to hate myself again..not to mention the disappointment in my Granddaughter's eyes when she saw me smoking again..I had tried to slip around and hide it..but then I didn't want to be lying to her..I know what you mean about not being able to stop, but it is an addiction and addictions don't  care much about common sense..they just thrive off of our weakness..hang in there..we're here for you..Ann

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board