Message Boards

Messages By: tray00

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
confused
July 24, 2005, 11:45 am CDT

I hope this is the right board....

I wonder how many of you will find this board again?  I also wonder how many of you have still quit smoking since we haven't been able to support each other. I know that since I havent' been able to check in I have not even thought about trying.  Now that we are back in the game with the message boards, I know I will think about it again and give it another go with in the month.  How is everyone?  Please post if you are out thier!!! 

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 9:49 pm CDT

Anyone else out there???

how are things on your side of the screen!?!
had my big 7M today!
keep your stick on the ice!
mario
ps dont know what to think of the new looks??!!

I am not sure what I think of this either.....Can I only reply with a quote?  Have to see what it looks like with a bunch of messages.  I am pretty confused at this point!  Have to get used to it I guess!

congrats on your 7months Mario!  Good Job!!!!!  I was just fooling around with that picture, saw where I could insert something, so I wanted to try it!  The good thing is we can now spell check!!!!  Hey I can even type in red!  And this...and this!  Ok enough....hope to hear from everyone soon! 

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 6:43 am CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Glad you made it through the surgery!  I hope the out come is well.

I figured out how to post with out quoting someone!  Yeah for me!

Congrats on your quit for Aunt Judy! 

My youngest starts school this September. I have a plan.....I will have quit smoking by then, (close to Sept 1st is the date that I promise my self very seriously I will never smoke again!) The other big thing is, since I started working out of the house, (last Sept) I have gained 12 lbs, 6 of those is from when I quit smoking (back a few months ago) BOY TIME FLIES! Well once I drop ALL the kids off at school, I am headed for the gym, 3 times a week.  I am going to start my new healthy life, being smoke free and feeling great, and exersize, which should feel great as well!  That should also help keep my mind off of the cravings!  It seems so far away yet, but really it is not. 

I have been sitting here wondering about Ann, I sure hope she comes back - she was just quitting when we lost this baord......

And Linda she was having some cravings too?

At first I was checking everyday to see if I could get one here, then after a while I wouldn't check as often!  GLAD TO BE BACK AND HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AGAIN!!!!!

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
frustrated
July 25, 2005, 6:56 am CDT

I'll Share My Story, If you don't mind....

In The month of May my 8yr old boy was being chased by a boy 2 yrs older at lunch and after schools, he would catch my son and and push him and hit him.  I found out and called the school.  The school told me that I should stay out of it, and let the school deal with it.  The school said "this is a diferent family from yours" and when the parents get involved it just gets messy.  I said "I want this family to know this is against the law, and it needs to stop"  So for a week, they kept this boy back for 10 minutes each day so that it gave my son a chance to get home.  I didn't know it was for a week, I thought it would be longer.  As soon as the week was up, it started again, he knocked my son to the ground and left him thier crying.  I called the police.  The police came to the school and talked to us, and also went to the other kids mother.  That is all I know of this....the school didn't call me back and the police said the family was told to get some councelling.  I didn't press charges, which I have every right too, but I hope the police would scare them enough to dicuss ways to get thier son to stop this....the mom could pick her son up from school and keep a better eye on him.  Summer is here, so we'll see what happens in Sept. 

I was so mad at the school for not taking this seriously.  I have to also say that my son is not a small boy.  It is not just the little guys who get picked on.  This other boy isn't much taller or bigger then my son, (maybe by an inch) I would of never thought my son would be bullied.

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
frustrated
July 25, 2005, 7:05 am CDT

What is a good consequence?

I am having trouble with consequences????  My son is 15, he works full time during the day (for his summer holidays, back to school in the fall) He seems to think he can do what he wants, come and go when he pleases.  He will leave the house when he gets home from work, and we tell him to be back shortly as supper is being prepared.  He doesn't call or come home until bed time.  Last weekend he didn't even come home. 

What can you do do get him to take us seriously? Take his skateboard away?  But what if he used his own money to buy it?  Can I take it away when it is his?  (he bought it with his money he made by working)

I need some suggestions on consequences.....Please help!  Thanks!

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 9:30 am CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

I quit July 10th 2004.. my one year anniversary was 2 weeks ago.... now how do I get my wife to quit? ..or rather.... what can I do to make her want to quit? I know I spent a year smoking and not enjoying it, just being addicted before I got to a place where quitting was "easy" I was ready. She tells me she still "enjoys smoking" is there anything I can do?

Congrats on your one year!!!!!!  It must feel great to be a non - smoker for that long!  You must have a lot of power to have been able to quit while your wife was still smoking.  I quit for 3 weeks, my husband still smoking, I could of been smoke free if it wasn't for him!  (I shouldn't blame him, it was my own fault) Everyone has their different ways of deciding whether or not they should quit.  I know the thing that did it for me was when my husband said "you can't quit. Yeah right, you are going to quit"  That stuck in my head and that is what made me do it.  I wish he would say it again, then maybe I could quit!  I still enjoying smoking.  I guess you have to quit when you are ready.  But go to whyquit . com and show her some of the pictures of people's stories their.  It is pretty sad and disgusting might make her think twice!  Good luck,,,,,

Ann, how are you doing with your quit!?  I know what you mean about taking this away!

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 11:54 am CDT

No, I did quit for 3 weeks

Thought I would clarify, I quit for 3 weeks, and if it wasn't for hubby I would still be.  BUT I WISH!!!  LOL

I am so confused with this new look.  I don't know if I am missing messages....of what!!!!

Remember when someone said there was another site we could go to for quitting smoking and a few of us went to it, well the reason I didn't like it was because it was like this.  I like the idea that we can change stuff but otherwise, this is really confussing! 

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 11:05 am CDT

Bullies

I couldn't believe myself how the school reacted to this.  I think they ended up suspending the boy for a day when I involved the police in it.  I will have to see what happens in the fall.  I too agree parents should take it more seriously, the mom was told she should walk her son to and from school  so she could keep a better eye on him, I guess she figured she didn't have time for that. 

I will see if I can go to the archived section....take care.

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 11:17 am CDT

General Advice

Quote From: beccawls

First let me stress you are the parent! To work full time at 15 is a big deal and your son is feeling much older than he is. My suggestion is to sit him down and cover the following topics

1.) If he continues to disrespect the family rules he will no longer have a job. Plan and simple. His not coming home is not acceptable behavior and as soon as you let him get away with it once he now has premission to get away with it next time. Get your "concrete boots" ( a phrase I use with the parenst I work with) on and stand your ground.

2.) Get a plan in place as to what he is going to do with the money. At 15 he does not need the whole paycheck. What we have done is with teens in the past is when they get their checks they are not allowed to cash it until we have a budgeting meeting with them. AT this meeting they must bring their savings book. The 1st thing out o fthe check is savings, than any bills the child may owe. This is followed with some pocket money to hold him over until his next check. Special purchases are than discussed if there is something the child is looking to get. This money is also put inot the savings account but ear marked for the purchase EX> A 400.oo sterio may take the child 4-5 paychecks to save for.

3.) Your new expectations of him now that he is working. WHat are his expectations?

Grant it he is developing into a young man, but teens with a lot of money in their pockets with no guidance or rules will get into trouble without meaning to.

As for consequences, yes take away the board! And anything else that he may hold close to his heart. If that doesn't get through to him take the job. You can not let him walk on you in this manner now, if you let it continue at 15 you will have bigger issues at 16 & 17.

Thanks, I think you are right that he feels he is older then he is.  I have always felt that with him, he is 6 foot some and much taller the anyone of his friends, and now the job.  You are right he feels older.  We have talked about the money he is making and yes, we are saving alot of it.  He doesn't need it all.  This job he is working is with his dad, a place where he can work every summer and once he graduates he could make a great living working their.  (if he wants to of course)  The boy could be set.  I am not forcing him to work thier, but I think it is good for him.  I will post more later.....

User Mood
Silly

Message Emote
happy
July 26, 2005, 12:32 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Quote From: mommacros

Glad you are hear!!!! I have missed everyone sooooo much.

Look forward to catching up with you and everyone.

Lots of Love

Shelly

Glad to see you or rather see your words, Shelly!  I am off to work today early, so I don't have much time, still trying to figure out this site!  Of course I will still post here. Where else do we go!  LOL  Is their anyway we can look at the old messages????

G2G love to you all!!!!

Tracey

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board