Message Boards

Messages By: kathy_kak

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
confused
July 23, 2005, 10:45 pm CDT

Too dang confusing to me

Sure can't figure out how to do this. Where are the instructions? I had one heck of a time even getting back onto the site. And my priofile information is wrong - wrong birthdate and user name but can't figure out how to correct it. Kathy_kak

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 10:59 pm CDT

Hi JP - Janetpoof - Bluebird !!

I miss your little birdie image but will live with it - for now.

Hope we can all get accustomed to this board again and get it hopping like in the olden days! LOL

Hubby and I have a new puppy! She is a purebred black cocker spaniel. Yesterday (July 25) she was nine weeks old. She was the only female in a litter of five and all of them were black even though the momma was buff and the papa was cocoa brown. Papa's papa was black though, so it must be a dominant gene. Only one of the males had any extra markings - his eyebrows were brown and he had patches of brown on his legs, under his chin and under his tail. Looks like he's pooped himself!

We've named our new baby Bitsy. Her full registered name will be SKH Itsy Bitsy. We took her to the vet right away to be sure she is healthy and she passed with flying colors. She's scheduled for spaying when she is five or six months old. We don't want to breed her and add to the dog overpopulation even though we could have registered pups to sell. It would be too hard on us to give them up and there are plenty enough dogs in the world.

After we rejected her three-year-old cocker for its aggression towards men (she bit hubby), the rescue lady emailed me that we were contributing to the problem of overpopulation by getting a puppy instead of rescuing an older dog but I emailed her back and told her these puppies are already born - we didn't have someone breed their dog so we could have a puppy and they deserved to live too. She never replied back. :(

We're totally happy with our new little love. kak

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
happy
July 28, 2005, 9:31 pm CDT

Potty Training new puppy...

Well, the honeymoon period seems to be over. (Not really) Bitsy has peed on my carpet twice so far. She needs to get the hang of asking to go out but it is partly our fault as we have become more lax at being vigilant and just taking her outside every half hour or so.

I'm so glad that I got chew toys and rawhide sticks for her 'cause she is teething up a storm! I took a bunch of pictures of her this afternoon and entered one into a photo contest. I selected nine pictures and posted them to an album on the Internet and invited all my friends (including all my Dr Phil pals) to see them. No problem if you don't want to sign in to see them. Just imagine the cutest puppy ever! LOL

We're both very happy with our decision to get a puppy instead of a rescue dog this time. If we didn't miss Murphy so much we might have waited for a rescue cocker but I wanted a new dog right away. I think we got a good one. Now we just have to be diligent in her training so she lives up to our standards.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 7:56 pm CDT

Karen~Ami iwill be back here soon!

She was just back in Kentucky due to an audit - which she won! I'm sure she'll tell everyone about it when she gets back on here.

Hope Tap figures out how to rejoin us soon. And Annie - PLEASE COME BACK! For a mellow mood, you don't sound very happy.

I hope everyone returns sooner or later. And I know we'll get the hang of this soon. We're all smart people - I know - otherwise how would we have found this great place to begin with? Huh? Huh? Am I right or am I right? Yes. I'm right! Hee Hee Hee...

Bitsy is becoming housetrained gradually. Had a few more "accidents" but I think she really knows what we want. I showed her twice how to get up on our bed - first, climb onto a short upholstered footstool, then onto the hope chest which is covered by a blanket, then onto the bed. She does this now all by herself. Then she sees her reflection in the dresser mirror and growls at the other puppy! She is so much fun. I attached a string to one of her chew toys and she had a great time chasing it back and forth. Then it was nap time again. Ahhhh. The life of a puppy. So much to see and do and BITE! We love her already but still miss Murphy.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
hopeful
August 1, 2005, 11:34 pm CDT

Hi Leigh

Quote From: bruiserlrm

*That's supposed to say "I've LIVED with my dad for two years"

I'm not usually at this section of Dr Phil's message boards but I wanted to respond to your post anyway. You've had a tough patch of road for quite some time and it's no wonder you're feeling stressed and frustrated. Have you tried setting boundries with your family, you know, such as telling them you do not wish to hear anything negative about other family members?

As long as you allow any of them to vent to you, the worse you'll feel. It's not your responsibility to subject yourself to all their negativity. When you have to hold it in, you eventually explode and that's when your former boyfriend would get blasted. Vent here instead. And stop letting your brothers, mother, or father speak poorly about one another.

How old are you? Is it possible for you to move out and get away from all the turmoil? That would be the best and I also recommend that you find a therapist to help you deal with all your old issues - your dad's emotional neglect, your brother's murder, all the past hurts you may need to face and deal with.

I'm sure others here will have their own views, but this is how I see it. I wish you the very best and please realize that you can't choose how you feel, but you can choose what you do about it.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 3, 2005, 1:00 am CDT

Famous Quote

Quote From: labelfree

"That which does not kills us makes us stronger.....If anyone knows who said this famous quote I would greatly appreciate it! 

Please also Sweet woman GOD only gives you what you can handle in a 24 hour period...Nothing more  nothing less....

You are perfect and so were those sweet ANGELs sitting at that table the other day!

Miss you....xoxox

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Friedrich Nietzsche

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 3, 2005, 1:10 am CDT

Socializing Bitsy

We took our little darling to an ice cream social tonight at the end of one of the cul de sacs in the senior estates. She was a big hit. Everyone wanted to know how old, what breed, her name, etc. She was so good too, just relaxed on hubby's lap. One of the ladies asked if we had given the puppy a Valium before coming over. No, no, no! She is just a very mellow laid-back little gal.

Her housetraining is progressing very well. Hubby bought her a new squeaky toy that she loves. She doesn't chase the flashlight beam because we don't tease her with it. We use it to light up the tiny backyard for her to potty at night. She does chase her rope chew when I have it tied to a long string and pull it back and forth for her.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 4, 2005, 9:40 pm CDT

Jokes for Tap

Quote From: tapestry6o

I love your Bitsy progress stories. Keep 'em coming, please!

It's time for a joke, but just one or two at a time. I think this system would crash entirely if you posted more. ;)
I'm sure you're right that long jokes would clog up the works right now, as if we need more problems. At least, YOU made it back here, finally! Where are the rest of our gang? Shannon, Jus, Betsy, who else? I know I'm forgetting lots of others...forgive me!!!  

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 4, 2005, 9:46 pm CDT

Neecie...

Quote From: neecie24

Hey everyone...  I"m getting used to being back home.  Feeling a little low, a common letdown after reunion.  Also, it feels to me like summer is ending.  I can count the number of days off that I have left on one hand.  Then it's back to fulltime work (I know, poor me) and soon after that the holidays and tax season.  I know you all think I'm crazy to look so far forward like that, but I can't help it. 

I'll feel better in a few days, I always do.  I hope we can still hang in here, I would definitely miss being able to visit with all of you. 

Just for the record, I HATE this new board format.  I hope we can get used to it, but I certainly would not be upset if it went back to the way it was. (hint, hint) 

What are you trying to say???? You don't like this new improved format??? LOL

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 4, 2005, 9:46 pm CDT

Hey Trace!

Quote From: lokithor

Did not mean so say that I don't care about all of you!!!!   Whoo boy, I hope this one gets through.... 

I just replied to your email that I think you meant for Jus. Funny that we are both here at the same time for once.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board