Message Boards

Messages By: goldsgal

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 2, 2006, 1:13 pm CDT

the way of society

far from being a pollyanna myself. this family is probably more the norm (unfortunately) then one can admit. i am a married, working mom with 3 sons. but it seems that with the way of society i am not of the majority. currently at my workplace there are 9 pregnant women. of the 9 only 3 are married. what sort of life are these children going to have living well below the poverty line. what sort of morals and standards are these mothers going to set for their children. something tells me the mother in this series was not raised feeling any (or not enough) love and self-worth. or A.  she would not have to find her self-worth in the arms of other men. B. she doesn't exactly exude good parenting skills herself.  from my stand-point i think they  both seem as if the kind of people that always got picked last at kick-ball and have never gotten over it. so they feel worthless and hooked up with someone that continues to make them feel as worthless as they felt growing up. the wife's affair's are a definate cry for help. for she obviously longs to feel cared about and cared for. something that her husband is obviously not good at doing. not putting all the blame on him though. as she seems rather cold and elusive to him. maybe because sh wanted to avoid him finding out the truth about her affairs. we all put up walls. i work with a lot of women and something tells me they all would have to truthfully admit they have walls they hide behind to avoid having secrets from being discovered. as one woman is quick to pontificate about just how brilliant she is . something tells me she must have felt awfully stupid as a child. since now as a 27 year old grown woman she has to expound abot how as a child she read the dictionary to anyone in the lunch room that would listen. so let's not completely cut down jessica. all i am saying is we all have our demons we fight. sometimes on a daily basis. the rest of use just do it behind closed doors.not on national television

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 2, 2006, 1:41 pm CDT

not our loss, it's theirs

I am a married mother of three sons and have always been the "black sheep" in my family. as the middle of three gilrls i was the jan to their marcia and cindy. my oldest sister. whom is only 18 months older then myself. is my mother's favorite. and my youngest sister is legally blind so she was always molly-coddled although she actually can see. but is diagnosed with a defect called anaridia. i was the first to get married and have 3 beautiful sons. my younger sister has 4 daughters all with multiple handi-caps. so mom spends a lot of time helping her out. as she once purchased a trailor and lived within 50 feet of my parents. she is currently going through a divorce. so of course mom is helping her out all the time as they live within 30 mintes of each other now. my oldest sister had her first child 2 years ago and is expecting her 2nd son this december. it has been over 2 years  since my mother has seen her own grand-children. my husband and i live a little under 3 hours away which could be used as a somewhat excuse. except for the fact that my older sister lives in the very same town as my husband and our sons. and my mother comes to visit her at least 3 or 4 times a year. but never once calls me or my husband to come her to visit us and her three grandsons. my older sister's home is only about 20 minutes away from ours. so this hurts me very much. as we can't understand what we have done (much less our helpless sons) to deserve this sort of treatment. all i can tell myself to assauge myself is that it is her loss.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 2, 2006, 2:15 pm CDT

they both need to do a lot of growing up

was anyone else wanting to scream at their television show while watching this one, (besides myself) hellooo. first off the girl was 17 when she met the grown man in his 30's. isn't that near illegal. that really creeped me out. anyone else creeped out by this? also whom was this guy fooling by saying he was 28 when he was 35. hello again i would have guessed his age at 37 . lol. and this coming from someone whom is constantly being told by total strangers that she looks 10 years younger. this girl was really sleazy to me. begging for sex and breaking into a guy's house. i didn't my dad the lawyer telling me this was wrong to do. apparantly she needed dr. phil to tell her though. and of course the guy was going to have sex with her. he was nothing but a player. a total user. yet she kept going back to him even though he was doing it with a bunch of other (more mature women i am sure) behind her back. she was just his little toy so he could feel young or something. he was nothing but a perv to me though. i hope i wasn' the only grown woman that felt this way.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board