Message Boards

Messages By: dalitamc

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
February 24, 2007, 2:32 am CST

Thank God for My Man

My husband and I have been married 25 years this October.  I'm going to lay it right out, and some won't believe it or they'll think I'm telling stories, but here goes.  I can count on one hand how many times we have fought in our time together, and it was more disaggrements then fights, we don't yell at eachother because we respect eachother.  If my children acted they way these people are acting, I wouldn't care how old they are, I'd send them for time out. 

Kudos Dr.Phil for trying so had to them to see the light!  I hope you can get the door to open or the curtans to part so, they can see themselves.

God Bless

&

Good Luck

Dee

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
surprised
November 8, 2007, 5:44 pm CST

Banned from the Wedding

Wow.  Todays show was a total representation of how people today don't care about how they are representing themselves....just totally stuck in the "All About Me" place.  I have been married for 25 years and let me tell you I have learned compassion, composure, how to look the other way, respect for others opinions and ideas, along with accepting the way two people can perceive the same thing in totally different ways along with agreeing to disagree.  My Mother-in-Law and I don't see eye to eye all the time, she hurts my feeling, she is judgmental, controlling, manipulative and not a person I would choose to be with for the fun of it.  HOWEVER...she is the Mother of my husband and I would never disrespect her, belittle her, or make her feel bad just for my own pride or selfishness.  If she thinks that she came up with a great idea and I think differently, so be it...it's not going to change anything if I pop up and challenger her.   She would take offense out to embarrassment or because she wouldn't care to be challenged...and I don't have to be right.  It may seem old fashioned, however, I believe we should respect our elders especially if your family member cares deeply about the person.  I treat people the way I would like to be treated.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board