Message Boards

Messages By: dmmcintyre

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 5:26 pm CDT

Cheated On

Lets back track:  I received a call from the other woman last month, and he confessed.  This affair took place while he was working in another state, the state and area that we are to move to.  Anyway, we went on vacation last month and had a great time.  I decided to take her out of my mind (until she called him @ 2:30 am, crazy drunk B____) and really work on our relationship.  The next morning he told me that he would take care of the problem when he returned to work and file a restraining order against her.  Anyway, we really reconnected during our time alone.  It was the best thing for us.  Then a week after our vacation, he returned to his job in the other state.  The enitre time I was very uneasy about it.  Wondering and wondering.  I remember him telling me that I just needed to get over it or it will doom our marriage.  He really hurt my feelings.  I decided to send him an e-mail expressing my feelings and asked him how he would feel if I was the one to have had an affair.  Well I think that worked.  He finally realized that we do need to take about it to get past it and not walk around the giant elephant thats in the middle of our marriage.  Well he has been home for 2 days now, and we still haven't talked yet.  I am still very uneasy about the whole thing, but I came to realize that I love him with all my heart and because of this I want to get past this and for my children.  I'm not sure if I should be the one to start a conversation or should I give him more time to start it.

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 5:30 pm CDT

Teen Dating

Hey guys. I am facing a new phase of parenting. My eldest is turning 15, and reaching an age of promised privileges(sp?) including double dating. With all that is in the world these days, how do I not smother my daughter, but not leave the door open for the mistakes we all know can happen? Angelzyn
I can't say what I would do because I have 4 boys, but for as my friends who have daughters, their daughters are not allowed to date till they are 16.  I do remember my first date at 16 (he was 19 and my parents both knew him), my father had a shot gun sitting by the front door when he picked me up.  Anyway, I think if I was in your shoes, I would give it another year.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board