Message Boards

Messages By: altarose22

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 7:23 pm CDT

Over 50 WLC Community

O.K. I really do not like change, and this is one that I REALLY, REALLY HATE!!! I do not have enough computer smarts to figure out this thing.

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
August 24, 2005, 1:56 pm CDT

Joining The Challage

Hello all, I have been staying close by and will join the Christmas Challange. My scale has not changed for the past 2 months. I really do need this challange to get motivated and start dropping those little suckers again.  

Esmay, sure do miss seeing your high spirit, hope you come back soon. 

Love to all.                   Beverly 

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
September 8, 2005, 2:32 am CDT

Carol

Quote From: stlmagnoya

I KNOW THAT I SHOULD HAVE LET YOU ALL KNOW BEFORE NOW THAT I AM SAFE. I AM JUST SO OVERWHELMED WITH KEEPING UP AROUND HERE. MY SISTER WAS HERE FOR TWO WEEKS AND SHE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO GET A LOT OF THINGS DONE INSTEAD OF WAITING UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. HOSPICE COMES HERE EVERY DAY NOW. WE HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN ANY LENGTH OF TIME THAT MY MOTHER IS EXPECTED TO LIVE. THEY MAINLY ARE TRYING TO KEEP HER FROM HAVING TO GO BACK AND FORTH TO THE HOSPITAL OVER AND OVER. SHE HAS BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL THREE TIMES SINCE THE LAST OF JUNE. HER DOCTOR SAID HE HAD DONE ALL HE COULD DO AND THE ANTIBIOTICS ARE NOT WORKING ANY LONGER FOR THE UTI'S. MY SISTER CLEANED, PAINTED AND DID SO MUCH WHILE SHE WAS HERE. SO I AM TRYING TO MAINTAIN ALL THAT SHE DID. WE HAD VERY LITTLE WIND AND RAIN FROM  HURRICANE KATRINA. THE WEATHER IS FINALLY COOLING SOME. EVEN THOUGH I LOVE THE SUMMER, I AM JUST A LITTLE GLAD TO FINALLY FEEL SOME COOL BREEZES AGAIN. ALL OF US HAVE HAD A BAD COLD AND I JUST FEEL SO TIRED AND SLUGGISH. ALL OF YOU ARE STILL ALWAYS IN MY THOUGHTS AND I HOPE TO GET MY ACT TOGETHER AGAIN SOON. LOVE AND HUGS, 

EEYORE/CAROL/ALABAMA 

275/182/147 

It sure is good to hear from you. You have been on my mind for some time. I had guessed that you maybe having a bad time with your mother not doing so well.  

Just remember that you are special too and someone needs to look after our Carol. Wow so great that your sister was able to come by and give you some help.  

With all that you have on your plate, I am sure that the WLC is the last thing on you mind. Just let me say that we sure missed you. Love ya. Beverly  

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
September 11, 2005, 4:51 am CDT

Sunday & What a Day!!

Good Morning to all you lovely gals. What a day this is. I too am just so excited for our foursum. I sure hope that green doesn't weigh too much for I am just green with envy. I just know that today I will be able to drink all of my water. I plan to raise my glass and toast to the four of you each time I think of you. ( Well let's make that every second time or I will be a way over on my water for the week.) A great big group hug to all, what special ladies you all are. Love ya. Beverly

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
September 11, 2005, 6:22 am CDT

Shirley

Good Morning, good to see you up and at it. I think this is just great that these girls are getting together in person. They will no longer be just names on the board, they will have a special bond and really be able to motivate each other. Gosh if this turns out they may have a reunion next year and more of us maybe able to go. Might have to make it a camp out, if too many are interested.  

Well I am really doing the walk but nothing is happening therefore I find it hard to talk the talk.  

So happy to se that you are doing great, I am watching for your good news of a loss tomorrow.   

Have a great day. Love ya. Beverly  

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
September 11, 2005, 6:29 am CDT

Karen, Reen, Marion & Susie

Please be safe for this special trip. Know that we are all soooooooo excited for you all. I would love to be a little fly on the wall. I just know that this is going to be such a great motivation for all of us.  

Take care and have a very special Holiday.  

Love ya all. Beverly  

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
January 14, 2006, 7:43 am CST

Shame on me!!

Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year to all. I just spent a good portion of the last 3 days trying to catch up on reading posts.  I have to admit that it has been so long that I couldn't even remember my user name. 

Now don't be thinking that I forgot about you all. You have been in my thoughts daily. Thank you to all that kept me in your thoughts. And Karen as I read your posts I was so humbled to see that you always remembered me there as well as all your emails. 

I love those emails, so to all you great gals that remembered to keep me included, a great big thank you. 

I have been sitting in limbo for what a good 4 months? Well please join me for the first day of the rest of my life. I would like to make this the best year that I have had for a very long time. I want to reach out to friends and let them know that I love them. Well that is just too easy because all my friends hang out at the same place. I love you dear friends. Have a great year of bettering yourselves by being a real caring loving friend to yourself. Now I know that this will be a real task for some of us, me included. But heck we have to start feeling and giving the love so why not start at home. 

I continue to walk my walks with you all in my thoughts. 

XOXO 

XOXO     Beverly 

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
January 15, 2006, 3:58 am CST

Happy Anniversary Shirley

I do hope that this year the will get earier for you. You have done well so give yourself a big hug. Way to go. 

Now me, I have been doing a little two step here. Up 2-4 pounds then down again but never a pound lower than my resting spot. I am doing a lot of walking but I just seem to be maintaining. Either I am at my get real weight or I am back to my old habit of not eating enough. At any rate I am still out here trying. In my mind I still have to drop 20 pounds. 

Last year was a real waste of time for me. Too many states of depression with 3 deaths in one family and a couple of close friends passing on. 

I am proud of the fact that I stayed with my walking or I could have had a huge gain. I am back down to bussiness now and will pay close attention to my food intake. 

Hopefully 2006 will be the year for all of us. 

Take care.     Beverly 

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
January 15, 2006, 5:39 am CST

Good Morning to you Teresa

Thank you for the warm welcome back. And a big WELCOME back to you as well. 

It is so good of you all to return with the boat so that some of us way ward people can jump back in. 

I have done my walk and am ready for breakfast. Now I have to pull out the food quide to make sure I am eating as I should. For the past while I have been having one slice of multi grain toast dry with coffee. I know this is not a good thing, I guess I just get lazy. 

At any rate I am ready to get real and hope to shed a few more of these stuburn little suckers. 

You have a great day. 

Beverly 

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
January 15, 2006, 12:17 pm CST

Love your walks Esmay!

Wow look at you. You are doing it and I am just so proud of you! 

Your post read like an exciting noval, what a joy! 

I did my walk today but had plans of emptying out the bedrooms down stairs (no power down there and the dry wall isn't mudded yet, that is the perpose to get this work done) Well after lugging 2 queen size mattresses and box springs I gave up. Heck this is a job for 2 people. I know I will go back down after my coffee and get back at it. Ha Ha the heavy stuff is done now so I can't give up right? Now hubby knew this was my plan for this weekend but he had to work and didn't get home. Hmmm maybe he is smarter than I give him credit for. 

At any rate I best get back at it, Just had to say how great it is to see you walking the walk and back on the board again. You just have no idea of how much you were missed. 

XOXO    Beverly 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board