Messages By: agathe1949

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 12:06 am CDT

great to be back

Hi everyone;

Nice to be back and still smoke free!  Hope to see the entire crew back here soon!

Hugs from up North!

Aggie

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 12:10 pm CDT

been trying....

Been trying to post a message but I keep loosing it.  When I click "edit" the message dissapears.  So here goes for the last time........

Hi Ann;

No, not to crazy about this "new"site either.  It should be called "confusing site".  Yes it would have been so easy for anyone to have posted, letting us all know that the message board was coming down for a while. Little inconsiderate things like this make life a little harder for an addict.  During all this time (trying to stay smoke free and not being able to post), I wondered how all my friends were doing and who exactly the message board was really for....us or the Dr. Phil Show. Complicated and confusing!!

That having been said, I hope that everyone else will be able to find the new site. Welcome to the new comers.  Good luck to all those on the verge of trying to quit for the first time or again.  Hugs to everyone from up north. 

Aggie

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 28, 2005, 12:37 pm CDT

Holly crow!!!

I think that I have managed to hook up to this board finally.  Really hope that I can post.  Nice to see you back Shelly and I hope that Ann is still hanging in with us.  Hope that Mario can find the time to still post, being busy with his new job abd all.  Welcome Gina and keep on keeping on.  Hope to read all you guys soon.  Hugs from up north.    

Aggie Six months, five days, 14 hours, 7 minutes and 50 seconds. 4664 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,865.47. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 28, 2005, 12:39 pm CDT

Holly crow!!

I think that I have managed to hook up to this board finally.  Really hope that I can post.  Nice to see you back Shelly and I hope that Ann is still hanging in with us.  Hope that Mario can find the time to still post, being busy with his new job abd all.  Welcome Gina and keep on keeping on.  Hope to read all you guys soon.  Hugs from up north.     

Aggie Six months, five days, 14 hours, 7 minutes and 50 seconds. 4664 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,865.47. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
August 28, 2005, 3:08 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Quote From: manomania

finally it seems like people starting to wind down and find the time to post again.
my new job takes the best out of me right know, but that's what i need.
monday is my first day of roasting coffee on my own. by the end of the week my teacher takes of to europe. so by then i have to figure out not to burn the beans.
the somewhat bad side effect. drinking and tasting all that coffe gives me the tickles to have a drag of a smoke.
good thing that is no way to smoke on the job or on the property!
keep your stick on the ice!
mario

Hi Mario; 

Just keep in mind how much better the coffee tastes now that you do not smoke.  Everything tastes a whole lot better if you don't smoke.  I'll bet that you got that job for the simple fact that you are a none smoker.  Those smoking thoughts you are having are just in passing and they will not stay.  Hang in there and keep on keeping on! 

Aggie Six months, five days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 56 seconds. 4667 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,866.50. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, 55 minutes.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 28, 2005, 9:33 pm CDT

Hi Shelly!!

Quote From: mommacros

Aggie!!!!!!! I am so happy to see you are here. Heard a rumor that you were not going to come back. So glad you did. Well once again today was not my day.....I know you are as sick of hearing that as I am of saying it.....no excuses except that I suck.  

It is a constant in my mind.....I actually just smoked a pack of 20 in one day!!!!! it's disgusting. So I have none left and I am going to make it through the night without going to get some....and then tomorrow I will make it to work without buying some and then after that I will make it home from work without buying some. Remember that move "What about Bob?" baby steps.  

I just gave my three year old a bath in his kiddie pool because that is what he wanted and I was not about to argue!!!!!!!!!!! Just waiting for the younger one to wake up so I can clean him too!!!!!  

Here I go again!!!!  

Shelly  

Hi Shelly;   Yes I was getting so frustrated with the new massage board that I did not come to it for about two weeks.  I could not post so what was the point!  This after noon after all this time, I finally was able to connect.  I have no idea what I did different this time around but none the less, here I am.  Nice to see you posting again!  I am sure also that you are very close to quitting. Just keep trying!!  You are an old hand at this....you've done it before and you can do it again. Post often, we are all here for you!   Hugs to you and yours.    Aggie Six months, five days, 23 hours, 1 minute and 13 seconds. 4673 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,869.17. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 5 hours, 25 minutes.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 28, 2005, 9:52 pm CDT

Hi Ron!

Quote From: rtden69

Sorry, my name is Ron   

Hi Ron;   You just have to keep in mind that a lot of people did not manage to quit smoking their first time attempt at it.  You also have to remember that nicotine is a terrible, powerful drug. Each day you do not smoke, you are giving your lungs a break from all that pollution.  Try to stay away from people who smoke and where you know that there will be smoking.  I know that this is very hard to do as smokers only know at lot of other smokers. If you drink coffee and have a cigarette with it, try drinking orange juice instead.  You will probably have to for-go all those activities that you associate with smoking.  Keep in mind that all this will not be permanent but only until you get a handle on the smoking.  There is no feeling like the one of being able to say, "I am a non smoker".  There is such a satisfaction in knowing that you have managed to quit smoking.  It's the greatest feeling ever!  So welcome to the group, post often and we are all here to help you.  Have a great day and keep on keeping on.    Aggie Six months, five days, 23 hours, 19 minutes and 33 seconds. 4674 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,869.30. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 30, 2005, 8:32 pm CDT

My word!!

Hi everyone:   Still having a hard time posting.  Seems that I am not alone in that!  What in pain this new site is turning out to be.  I see that some of us are still having problems posting.   I have had one of those days today, I waited for a full 8 hours on a client at the hospital.  We are still into the heat wave here.  I am so sad about all the weather problems our American friends are having.  You are in our thoughts and prayers!   Wishing everyone on a great day!   Hugs to all from up north and keep on keeping on!   Aggie Six months, one week, 22 hours, 3 minutes and 9 seconds. 4722 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,888.77. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
September 1, 2005, 3:53 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Hi everyone;   Always great to be able to read the postings, even if I can not always post.  This board is a real pain in the ***!  Just when I think I have it all figured out, I try to post and.......nothing!  So happy to see everyone here including the new folks...Ron, Gina and blue_rose, if I missed anyone...welcome on board too.   This has not been my week....a lot of hassles and inconvenience.  BUT next week is another week, another time.  I will not dwell on this one very long....oh boy, what a week.   Yes Ann I sometime try to send e-cards and some of them will not end.....go figure!  It is almost a gift to myself when I can manage to send on and the other person actually receives it.  I am now trying to read some of the posts and I have lost then I think.  Before I logged on I was able to read some but now, it seems that they are not in the same order than they were in before.    Anyways, if this gets posted, have a great weekend everyone.  All the best to Ann and Tray.....Hang in there to our new friends and hope that Linda can eventually post again.  Mario must be neck deep in work with his new job....good for him!!!  Hope to read the blue_rose soon, as well.  Hugs from up North.   Keep on keeping on everyone.      Aggie Six months, one week, two days, 17 hours, 21 minutes and 26 seconds. 4768 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,906.81. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
September 2, 2005, 11:28 am CDT

This is fantastic!!

Quote From: itsgina14

Hi Everyone, This is Gina. Today is 1 week 3 days and almost 10 hours for me. Since I smoked for 34 years, this has been tough. Plus I have 2 young girls. Morgan is now 3yrs. and Trinity 19 Mos. They are adopted. I have had them sincve birth. It is hard not to reach for that cig. But I am really going to try my best. Good luck all Gina

Hi Gina;  

Great work and keep on keeping on.  It is not hard like it is now all the time.  It does get easier with time.  You have gone this far, do not turn back now as someone said here.  This is so important for you and your girls.  Post often and take it one day at a time.   Thinking and praying for you.   

Aggie Six months, one week, three days, 12 hours, 57 minutes and 8 seconds. 4788 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,914.98. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours, 0 minutes.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board