Messages By: peg_s_w

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 11:27 am CDT

Online Dating

Hi,

I also have been divorced but it will be 2 years in December. I tried on - line dating services...and to me it's a crock of crap.

You don't say how old you are or where you live which does make a big difference. I am 58 but look younger than that, thank God.....I live in NY...........

I met 3 men thru 2 different dating sites...........one I met for coffee, seemed like a very nice man, attractive, worked locally and he asked if I wanted to go out to dinner the following weekend, said, yes and then he said he'd call me.........got sick during the week and one night took my phone off the hook and went to bed early. He got mad that I did that and said so in an email and never contacted me again. Another man, we wrote emails for a month, then spoke on the phone for a month.........he knew me pretty well and I also thought I knew him........he came to my house and we went out to dinner.............after dinner, he expected me to sleep with him, Don't think so!!! Met another guy..........we emailed for awhile, I went on vacation for a month, he called all the time,he seemed to know me better than I knew myself.............when I got back, we met the next day for coffee and sat and talked for over 2 hours.........I invited him to my home for our annual July 4th. party........he came early, brought a nice gift........helped cook, clean up, was very attentive. He was the last to leave and I walked him to his car in our driveway.....he hugged me and said what a wonderful time he had, loved my family and friends, and said he felt as if he knew everyone a long time and asked if he could call the next day which was Sunday................well, he never called, I was fuming inside but I wasn't go to call him. On Tuesday, my daughter and I were lying by the pool and talking..............well Guess What??..............on one of his trips inside my house to use the bathroom, one time, my daughter was in the kitchen making drinks in the blender...............HE MADE A PASS AT HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I emailed that evening and told him exactly what I thought of him and that he had some nerve making a pass at my daughter, etc., etc...........he wrote back and said he never did.....................

After that, I'm off all dating sites.............if God wants me to meet another man, then I will, but if not, that's okay too.............for I have to be happy with me first cause no man can give that to me...

Another reason the dating sites are a crock, when I was going thru my divorce, I checked out 2 dating sites just to see what it was like.................my soon to be ex-husband was on one of them, he had put up professional pictures and all he wrote in his profile were lies.............So after that, and the experiences meeting tthe 3 men, it's not worth my time.................there are a lot of men who are on many sites, but have slightly different pictures, use a different username, and change what they say in each profile.....and I'm sure women out there do the same.............

You say you are terrified that you end up with a pervert..............you're right............you never, ever know who you're talking to..............you take a chance when meeting a man.........Not for me anymore...........

As the author of the book "He's just not that into you"...........he states in the book and on one of Oprahs' shows...........all men, no matter what age, just want to get laid...........until they meet the woman they want to spend the rest of their lives with..........and you know what, he's 100% right.......all the men, whether 18, 30, 50 or 70, they just want to hop in the sack.............been there done that....................not for me and certainly not in this day and age where there's Aids.........no thank you.

Maybe I will meet someone, maybe not..........but either way, my life still goes on..............and so will yours...........

You go girl. I've had my profile on a few sites and all I get is old men that look like they can be my dad. I'm 44 but don't look it, feel it, or for that matter act it. I take care of my self health wise. And my profile says that I'm a health nut. The ones that reply to me are over wt and look so unhealthy. I just don't get it. Like the book, He's just not that into you, says..."don't waste the pretty."

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board