Message Boards

Messages By: itsgina14

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
July 28, 2005, 4:12 pm CDT

grandparents raisng grandchildren

I have 2 of my grandchildren, that I am raising. I have had them both since birth. Morgan is now 3 years old. And Trinity is 18 months. I have adopted Morgan, and Trinity's adoption is in process now. It is not an easy thing to do, but it is very rewarding. All I have to do is look into their little faces and I know I made the right choice. It is much more difficult  now, then when I raised their mother and her sister. I do not have the energy now, that I had then. All the things I thought I would be able to do when my biological children were grown, will probably never happen now. For me, it was a good choice, I love the girls very much, and I am never lonesome or bored.nor will I ever be able to retire.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
August 27, 2005, 8:21 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Hi Everyone. This is my first time posting a message. After smokeing for 34 years, I quit 9 days ago. This is probably at least my tenth time trying. Hopefully I can succeed this time. I have never quit for more than a day or two in the past.I have two of my grandchildren I have adopted, and I would like to be around to watch them grow. When I feel the urge, I look at them. Does anyone have any helpful hints, for the urges? I would appreciate hearing them Thanks Gina 

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
August 29, 2005, 1:24 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Hi Everyone, This is Gina. Today is 1 week 3 days and almost 10 hours for me. Since I smoked for 34 years, this has been tough. Plus I have 2 young girls. Morgan is now 3yrs. and Trinity 19 Mos. They are adopted. I have had them sincve birth. It is hard not to reach for that cig. But I am really going to try my best. Good luck all Gina

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
August 29, 2005, 1:27 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Quote From: agathe1949

I think that I have managed to hook up to this board finally.  Really hope that I can post.  Nice to see you back Shelly and I hope that Ann is still hanging in with us.  Hope that Mario can find the time to still post, being busy with his new job abd all.  Welcome Gina and keep on keeping on.  Hope to read all you guys soon.  Hugs from up north.    

Aggie Six months, five days, 14 hours, 7 minutes and 50 seconds. 4664 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,865.47. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes.

Thanks for the welcome. I am still hanging in Gina

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
September 1, 2005, 5:18 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Hi Everyone, Well today is 1week 6 days 13 hours and 18 minutes. I hope this gets easier. I have a terrible time trying to post.Maybe I am not going to the proper place. I hope everyone is doing well.I guess I should go put my girls to bed. 5:30 am comes early. Prayers for everyone Gina

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
September 2, 2005, 3:34 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Hi Gina;  

Great work and keep on keeping on.  It is not hard like it is now all the time.  It does get easier with time.  You have gone this far, do not turn back now as someone said here.  This is so important for you and your girls.  Post often and take it one day at a time.   Thinking and praying for you.   

Aggie Six months, one week, three days, 12 hours, 57 minutes and 8 seconds. 4788 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,914.98. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours, 0 minutes.

Thanks Aggie, It is getting easier, but it is still hard. At least the urges go away alittle quicker. Your over 6 months, that really is great. Thanks again Gina

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
September 2, 2005, 3:37 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Quote From: tray00

Hi Gina, wellcome to the board!  All I can say is if you have gone this long don't turn back!  I went almost 3 weeks and blew it by just thinking I could have one.  Yeah, and here I am again ...... 

I will quit smoking in 4 days, 15 hours, 53 minutes and 40 seconds. 

I wish you all the luck in becoming a non-smoker!

Thanks Trayoo, There have been times, when I think I will have just one, or even just a few puffs, but I have managed to talk myself out of it. Thank God. You'll make it. i tried quitting many times thru out the years. Never was able to go more than a day or two until now..I'll keep you and everyone else in my prayers Gina

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
September 4, 2005, 10:45 am CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Hi everyone;   Just checking in.  Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!  Wondering how Mario and Shelly are doing.  I see that Ann, Tray00 and Leasa are right in there, along with Gina.  This is an off day for me...I get bored if I have nothing to do.  This afternoon, I might go sit along the river for a while and take in a few rays.  Yesterday was not a great day for me, I had a few more cravings than usual.  Have no idea where all that cames from.  Strange that even after all this time, I still get those right out of the blue.  Have a great weekend all and keep on keeping on.  Hugs from up north.   Aggie Six months, one week, five days, 11 hours, 3 minutes and 35 seconds. 4836 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,934.19. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 19 hours, 0 minutes.
Hi Aggie, and everyone, I hope I don't get cravings after 6 months. It's been 2weeks 3days and 6 hours for me. Still hard at different times of the day, but not as bad as I expected it would be. Hope everyone is well, and still smokefree. Luck and prayers to all Gina

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
September 5, 2005, 12:49 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Quote From: manomania

good afternoon!
i passed my eight and a half months yesterday. i still get my urges to smoke! my new job keeps me on my feet a lot so there is no time for funny stuff there. downside of it that my job creates the urge for smoking! by the way my new job is roasting coffee, and every morning we have to cup the roast from the day before! but my success is that i had to reprogram my brain! don't worry about any weight gain or bad habits you pick up in your first few months.
you'll have lots of spare moments to deal with them than. but for now your only focus should be to stay as far away from the smokes as you can.
till than.'
Keep your stick on the ice!
east coast mario

ps: i hope the rest of the gang is still on board!
sorry for not posting that often! will get my new pc at work within the next few weeks!
Well congrads on eight months. It has been 2 weeks 3 days and 8 hours for me. I could not drink coffee for the first week, as I was so afraid I would want to smoke. And, I usually drink coffee for morning till bedtime. An IV would be easier than all the trips to Dunkin Donuts.I'm glad you are enjoying your new job. I am also on the east coast. Keep it up Gina 

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
September 5, 2005, 12:51 pm CDT

Trying to Quit Smoking?

Quote From: tray00

Just wanted to say hi!  Ann that is such a great idea to do with pots!  I have a freind that does stuff like that.  She had this cofee table, it had three peices of glass in it, anyhow she took the glass out , and the placed a peice of wood under it, in then used these tiles that she bought and grouted them in.  Does the table ever look awesome!  Great thing to do instead of throwing it out because  a peice of glass got broken! 

This is my third day on the welbutrin, I hope it starts to kick in!  I am looking forward to a year from now when I can call my self a non-smoker! 

I tried Welbutron years ago. The Dr told me not to even try to quit until I had taken it for 2 weeks. I surely hopes it works for you Good Luck Gina

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board