Message Boards

Messages By: karen_e_b

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
sad
August 17, 2005, 9:37 pm CDT

Small Cell lung cancer

My hubby was dx with SCLC in june of this year,he has recieved 9 chemo tx's and 35 radiation tx's the Dr is giving him a two week "vacation" from all tx's and they he will do a complete body scan on the 25th of this month to see if the cancer has spread.   

My hubby seemed to tolerate all the tx's well with minimal side effects. now a week after his tx he is very sick with radiation burns to his esophogus,he is not eating and barely taking fluids ,he says it hurts too much to swallow!!   

I sit here day after day and watch my once vibrant hubby detoriate to skin and bones and with bearly enough energy to make it to the bathroom,I don't know how much longer I can be strong,but I know I have to be strong for him or he'll give up and die!!   

Please pray for me to stay strong and that the scans show no signs of spreading.  

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
worried
September 12, 2005, 8:55 pm CDT

stress

This is what I have on my plate theses days.  

My husband sick with lung cancer,my oldest daughter with suspected cervical cancer,another daughter who is 300 miles and pregnate calling me almost daily to let me know her husband is abusing her,worrying where the money will come from to pay all the household expenses,wondering how I will pay for my husbands funeral,wondering if I can keep my house!!  

I am a mess my mind just spins like a top,I have insomnia and just lay awake and wonder and wonder and wonder.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board