Message Boards

Messages By: zensible1

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
June 4, 2006, 6:49 am CDT

Thanks for this Dr Phil episode

I loved this show with the husband getting a taste of his own nasty medicine. Cracked me up. I am separated now and waiting on the divorce finalization -- in July. I heard from my soon-to-be-ex-husband that he had to pay close to $400 for a cleaning crew to come in and clean the house because the one Saturday he did it, it took him 6 HOURS! LOL The cleaning crew of 4 women took 4 hours to clean that place - and wow it was clean as I saw it. That's when I gently reminded him of how I was exhausted at night since I worked all day and did a little cleaning each night after work so as not to have a whole Saturday swallowed up with it. I also said to him how that $400 was just for cleaning the house, no food shopping, no dry cleaning drop off & pick up, no pet care, bill paying, child care, and cooking meals. Hmmm, Ka-Ching! I just heard the value of me as wife go up! lol Any way Ioved this episode so much I even talked about it on the podcast I do for the NJ Ghost Hunters Society called "The Deadline". So Dr. Phil if you read these postings, you can tune in to our show online at Podcast Alley or right from our site at http://www.njghs.net and to save you time, scroll into the show to about 37 minutes that's when I talk about you and the show. thanks again!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 15, 2008, 3:05 pm CST

Lies &Betrayal - the Sociopath, textbook style

Quote From: lady_tinou

Bipolar is a mental disorder that affects the mood with maniac & depression phases (it does not mean that the person is insane).

Psychosis (psychotic) is an acute phase, an episode within a mental illness (temporary or permanent), during such a phase the person really acts crazy. But it is not the case of the husband here.

However, psychopath/sociopath is a grave and serious mental/personality disorder (lying, manipulation,conning,cheating, drinking, drugs, no regards for anyone else's feelings but their own and will do anything to achieve their goals no matter what they have to do or, who they hurt in the process, they are unscrupulous, no sense of guilt whatsoever, no ownership for their actions, ruthless etc...... the list goes on) and to my opinion the husband FITS this description.

I had to look up the definition of Sociopath when a therapist first offered it to me to describe my now ex-husband. It fit him to a T. Watching yesterday's show, my heart broke for that wife as I totally know what she is experiencing. She feels like she is losing her mind. I could see it on his face - that smug, condescending look. LIAR!!! That is what I was screaming at the TV. He is sick beyond belief. He and my ex are cut from the same diabolical, sociopathic cloth.

I wish I could type more but this new scrolling text on this site is making this impossible. The cursor is flashing too much too fast and killing off text entry.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
May 10, 2008, 10:45 am CDT

Wow, a topic right up my alley!

I DVR "Ghost Whisperer", "Supernatural" and of course "Dr. Phil". How nice to get a combo as the topic. I can't wait to see this show, Dr. Phil!

I finished out 8th grade living in a haunted house with two ghosts, one male and one femle. I've been ghost hunting officially since 1993 and founded the NJ Ghost Hunters Society in 1998. I used to have a new age bookstore called Celestial Books & Gifts and would give presentations at various groups about "the New Age Rage" and I would cover a portion on "Finding a Psychic before a Charlatan Finds You". The number one warning: the minute a psychic asks you for money to remove a curse from you, RUN, don't walk. It's a scam. I had people come up to me after my lectures with their horror stories about how psychics asked them for $500 and more and one woman didn't have the cash so the psychic made her get gift cards at Sears so the psychic could buy a new refrigerator!

I feel that James VanPraagh and John Edwards are the real deal for psychics. I've met others who are legit as well. As for paranormal investigating, the NJGHS does not include psychics as part of our investigative protocols. I realize everyone has a "6th sense" to some degree, but more often than not, psychics give me a romantic tale of what the ghost went through at the time of death, and that's not helping me quantify and explain the activity the family is experiencing. If a psychic can give names, dates, something verifiable, then I feel they are useful as "ghost hunting gear".

My job as a paranormal investigator is to amass tangible proof of the paranormal activity. EVP's, photos, video and historical background information all contribute to this end.

Happy Haunting everyone!

L'Aura Hladik

www.njghs.net

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
May 11, 2008, 2:20 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: memphismaggie

I am an avid fan of the Dr. Phil show. One of the main reasons is that Dr. Phil is so 'normal', down-to-earth, and sensible. Common sense rules on the show and he never lets anything get out of hand. Unlike some other talk shows that have become like three-ring circuses of dysfunctional people going out of control for entertainment value, I've always looked on this show as one that addresses everyday, real problems that people can relate to and learn from. Resorting to the paranormal and psychics seems rather like sensationalism and I feel disappointed with Dr. Phil. I just hpe this isn't a sign of things to come. Just had to state my opinion. Respectfully, D.

I respect your opinion. I wish to offer that everyday people do experience paranormal activity. They do not have a Dr. Phil to turn to for their 'issue'. By the time they contact me, they are at their wits end and feel like they are losing their minds and are still tentative to even voice what they are going through. It is a very real problem for some people. I'm sure there are people who will watch this show and gain insight as to where to turn for help and how to avoid being scammed.

It helps them to know there is someone like me or a member of the NJGHS who will treat them respectfully and investigate scientifically. Not every case turns out to be paranormal. Sometimes the creaky cabinet door really just needs a shot of WD-40, or the demonic odor in the child's bedroom is the rotting bowl of cheerios under the kid's bed...but in any case, we comfort and respect the person and conduct the investigation.

You would be surprised at how much relief a person gets when they see tangible proof that explains what they've been going through. To find out they're not going crazy and here's why...it's a big relief.

I think Dr. Phil's show will help people. Just the warning about the dependency on psychics alone is valuable. I've met many people who are psychic-dependent and spending all their hard earned cash on the fakes so they can decide whether or not to take their next breath. It's so sad.

You know Dr. Phil is all about treating people with 'dignity & respect', I'm sure that will come through even on the paranormal topic - what is considered 'far out' by conservative standards.

Kindly,

L'Aura H.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 15, 2008, 5:01 am CST

Any Love is Good Love

As hetero as I am, I don't have a problem with same-sex marriages. If two PEOPLE are in love with each other and willing to commit to be with each other solely and build a life together, a partnership and grow old together, then that, to me, is the definition of marriage. The gender of the partners is irrelevant.

Ironically, I've witnessed my gay couple friends having longer, more harmonious "marriages" than of my straight married friends. That's not to support running out, switching teams and partnering up with your same sex. It's just an observation that partnership/couplehood knows no sexual orientation, and possibly maybe those faced with inherent judgments and uphill climbs to be together have more of the stick-to-it-tiveness that others in a societally accepted marriage don't.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 18, 2008, 3:27 am CST

11/21 Same-Sex Marriage?

Quote From: dixielady2008

I am in favor of  keeping the holy sacrements of marriage between one woman and one man.

I have many gay friends and yes, some are more dedicated and faithful than man/woman couples. However same sex couples should be content to have their private "relationship" or "unions" and not expect to have all of the legal benefits of man/woman unions. MARRIAGE is sacred. Everywhere in the bible it condems "the union of same sex partners".

And I agree with some of the others that forcing children as young as 5 to learn of SAME SEX relationships before they even know what the "birds and the bees" of male/female unions are is WRONG.

I'm confused by your reply because you state that Marriage is a holy sacrament, and then go on to say that same sex marriages should not be entitled to the legal benefits (I assume you mean tax credits & health benefits) of a man-woman marriage.  What's confusing me is your tossing the religious belief around and stating there are many bible quotes that condem same sex relationships, and yet you're filtering that religious belief into the laws & legalities of our judicial system. Forgive me, but I thought we as a country were formed under the premise of separation of Church and State.

So, if same sex partners want a formalized, legally accepted marriage/partnership, it should be fine in terms of the legal standing, tax benefits, health insurance and so on. If they want it officiated in a Church, then that is up to the Church, and I could see where that would be a problem given the biblical condemnations you mentioned.

Finally, I do agree with you that instructing children as young as 5 years old about same sex relationships is insane. Sex education of any type at that age is ridiculous.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 18, 2008, 4:17 am CST

Dating After 40

Quote From: kimikomine

Are you kidding? married 4 times????? 4  times a loser......want to be #5??????? Please run as fast as you can from him....also, I think having pics of family (and if it happens to include an ex)then it is (a little more acceptable)....keeping pictures of the ex in general (no kids, parents, dogs, ext)...the pics should be trashed. But don't be the one to tell him....if he doesn't (didn't do it on his own) he is hanging on to a fantasy life....run..........fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here! Here! Run, don't walk away from this loser. If he has pics of the previous wives that include pets & family members, well, PhotoShop the exes out and keep the rest of the photo. If he is holding on to those pics of the exes, something is disturbingly wrong with this man. Most  men that I know press the DELETE key on their hearts with such force it knocks the ex pics & belongings to the 5th ring of Saturn.

I can tell you from personal experience, you will not be the savior for this man. You will not so impact his life that he changes and becomes the man you hoped for. I was wife # 3 for the second ex-nightmare. Believe me, by your 40's, you're set in your ways. You have a better shot at farting a rainbow than converting this man to someone whole, healthy and loveable.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board