Message Boards

Messages By: jodi37

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2005, 8:16 am CDT

Hurricane Katrina

I too cannot imagine going through anything like what these people have.  To not know where my husband and 2 year old son is would be the worst nightmare of my life.  I also cannot imagine losing my dogs.  They are like my children and I would not leave unless I could take them with me. 

I commend Dr. Phil on his efforts to help so many people. 

This shows us too that material things are not important.  My husband and I live paycheck to paycheck and sometimes worry how we will pay our bills however I always say how much better we have it than so many people because we have a roof over our heads, clothes on our bodies and food to eat. 

There are so many selfish people out there and personally they just make me sick -such as the person who posted about how Dr. Phil should have performed backround checks on the family he gave the condo too.  I think it was a horrible thing to say. 

May God Bless all of the Katrina survivors.  My prayers are with you everyday. 

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 15, 2005, 9:43 am CDT

Conner

I too never thought I could have children then at 36 I became pregnant.  My husband and I have both been married before.  His first wife didn't want children so how wonderful it was when we found out Conner was coming into our lives.  He is now 2 and the absolute love of my life.  So many people told me you never know love as you do with a child.  I never realized just how right they were until I had my own.  Who would have ever thought I would be singing Barney songs all day and laughing to Mr. Noodle on Sesame Street.  I think he is hilarious.  Who would have ever thought I would worry so much about crazy things that may never happen.  Who would have thought I would eat dinner at 6:00 instead of 9:00. Who would have ever thought how much we talk about poop *lol*  The list is endless.  Having my son is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me.  I could never imagine life without him. 

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 21, 2005, 11:33 am CDT

Karbrun

I couldn't have said it better myself.  

I am not a school teacher but so many people including one of my sisters lets her children get away with everything.  I am disgusted how so many kids are disrespectful to their parents or other adults.  My mother works in a dining room of a hotel and this past weekend there was a soccer group.  The boys were around 9 & 10 years old.  They were throwing cereal and toast through the dining room and their parents just sat there at watched.  My mom asked if they would please stop and they looked at her like some kind of idiot. Of course she was the one that had to clean it up. 

I refuse to let my 2 year son grow up with out manners and respect.  I don't understand why parents let their children have everything and give in so quickly.  I have a friend I grew up with who constantly yelled and cussed at her son and let him do whatever and now he is 15 and into drugs and is a juvenile.  She wonders why he turned out this way.  I have seen this soooo many times. 

I understand that everyone has a different personality but I feel that parents have so much to do with how their children turn out.  As for these girls I hope that they will take Dr. Phils advice.  

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
happy
October 8, 2005, 11:17 am CDT

Breastfeeding in Public

I was fortunate to work where I lived when I first had my son.  I could always run home to breastfeed.  I agree with someone else on this board that pumps don't always work.  Three months later I became a stay at home mom:) I loved breastfeeding and did until my son was 10 months old, got teeth and started to bite *ouch* I loved every moment of breastfeeding.  Its a wonderful bonding experience and of course - natural & healthy.  I would have never wanted to go to a public restroom to breastfeed. Yuck.   So the breastfeeding in public does not offend me at all.  I mean look at the way some people dress letting it all hang out anyway.  I see young girls with skirts up to their buttcheecks, large women with tight pants that say" hot stuff "on the butt and men who drive around,walk around whatever with no shirts so what is the big deal?

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
October 31, 2005, 11:50 am CST

Spoiled kids

I too am glad Dr. Phil is addressing this.  There are so many spoiled and disrespectful children now days.  I wish my sister would watch the episode today.  Her daughter has more toys than any child I know and so selfish for a 5 year old.  She also talks to my sister like dirt, interupts her when she is talking to someone.  It drives me nuts.  We were not raised that way. We wore hand me downs and it never bothered us. To this day I am not ahsamed to buy something from the goodwill.   My parents took us fishing, camping, hiking, to the airport to watch the planes take off etc.  I loved those experiences and they cost practically nothing.  When I graduated from high school my parents bought me a $250 Pinto (remember those:-) but told me I had to pay for the insurance and gas. When I was 12 my sister and I shared a paper route.  It was great we had our own money and taught us responsibility. 

I have a two year old son and I want him to appreciate things and be taught that you can't have everything you want.  We do a lot of things together as a family but they don't cost a lot of money.   

I just don't get parents.  Recently my husband and I took our son to the zoo and a boy about 10 or so just cut right in front of us and the mother just stood there.  It makes me so mad how kids have no manner now days.  I hope todays show will be a wake up call for some parents. 

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
happy
December 1, 2005, 11:30 am CST

Water Bugs

My hats off to the ladies who ate the bugs. I don't think I could eat one of those if I was paid a million bucks.  Stuffed with chicken or not. YUCK.  It made me want to puke just watching that:)

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
April 21, 2006, 12:48 pm CDT

I feel sorry for the little girl

I would hate to grow up and find out my father didn't want me.  Its not her fault she came into this world unplanned.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board