Message Boards

Messages By: move2maine

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
June 2, 2007, 9:22 pm CDT

For What it's Worth...

I'm a formerly excessively-sized woman.  I underwent gastric bypass to lose 125 lbs.  My MD tried, in vain, to talk me out of the surgery to no avail.  I did it, and it was pretty awful.  I had the open surgery, no laparascopy.  I lost all the weight, and I'm left with a terribly saggy body that looks like it belongs on a person twice my age.  I didn't turn out quite as I had imagined, but this is the only body I have, and I'm literally OVERJOYED to walk anywhere I want without an asthmatic fit.  I buy my jeans off the rack as long as they're tall sized.  I look like a million bucks in a suit at work.  I wear shorts in my casual life, and my legs don't rub together so who cares if they have more jiggle than I might like?

After all I've been through, I just can't look at my cup as half-full.  My break-through moment was when I looked at the people I admire most in my life, and not a single one of them is all ego-centric about their appearance.  Far from it.  I worked for a certain celebrity who is no longer with us, and had to hire a photographer to take photos of him and his wife.  The photographer normally does beautiful work, and I was quite confident in my choice to hire him.  The photo session went very well.  Lots of smiles, laughing, very nice.  Then came the day when I sent the photos to the celebrity's manager.  We got a call from the wife I mentioned.  She exclaimed "I earned every wrinkle on my face!  I don't need anything airbrushed.  That isn't ME in those photos!"  Yes indeed.  You'd be hard pressed to find airbrushed photos of these folks except for the ones I have and will NEVER part with under any circumstances.  What an awesome memory, and it left such a great impression on me. 

I'd rather be like that.  I am who I am. 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
June 2, 2007, 9:36 pm CDT

I agree.

Quote From: sas105

Who is to say that Kristy ended up on the short end?  Kristy may have gotten everything in the divorce because, as we learned on the show, Sean was in treatment.  People who live off  "the system" tend to get very comfortable, so why change? You seem to be bitter. 

So much focus on the ex being evil.  I can see why Dr. Phil didn't go that way.  Nothing good could possibly come from it.

The adults ALL need to put their own egos aside and concentrate on who is important.  The kids.  Who now get to see Daddy putting someone else first, and starting a new family.

I look at Christy and just see a MISERABLE person.  She's a mess.  Anyone with self worth and dignity doesn't behave the way she does.  What good could come from pummeling the woman with words?

Those two people chose each other at one point.  They loved each other and had children together.  They parted ways and now are so angry and self centered they can't see straight.  I HOPE Dr. Phil was able to redirect their attentions to what honestly matters... the existing children who are going to have a hard time of things as it is, who don't need the hateful venom from their mom, dad and step mom compounding things.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board