Message Boards

Messages By: amytuori

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
frustrated
September 11, 2005, 7:35 am CDT

CHOOSING

It really irks me when ppl say they are choosing to adopt when they can't have any kids.  Choosing to adopt is when you can have have kids but are unselfish and decide to adopt.  Ppl who can't have kids who adopt have no other chose but adoption. 

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
angry
October 15, 2005, 5:44 am CDT

Brandi

She was one of the most cold, robotic person I have ever seen.  The only thing she is remorseful for is the fact that she is in jail.  I guess she gets her attitude from her parents.  Those ppl sat on that stage trying to put Daniel and his family down.  HELLO, YOUR SOCIOPATH DAUGHTER COLDLY RAN THEIR SON OVER.  WAKE UP! 

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
happy
October 24, 2005, 9:36 am CDT

staying

Stayind married just for the kids sake is worse than getting a divorce.  If you aren't happy get a divorce.  And if women want to work or need to than the more power to them.  it isn;t the 50' s anymore.

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
blank
October 24, 2005, 3:31 pm CDT

Thanks

Quote From: judyblue22

I'm impressed-congrats on the grades! You must work very hard. 
Thank you.  I work incredibly hard.  I wish I could go to school full time but that would be impossible for me.  I am very fortunate to have a loving, supported husband.

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
happy
October 24, 2005, 4:48 pm CDT

Schedule

Okay here it goes! 

MONDAY  

6:30- wake up/ eat breakfast 

7- 8 - wake kids, give them breakfast, and dress them 

8:30- drop son off at school 

9:00- meet trainer at gym  

10- come home, shower, change bath baby 

11:15- leave to pick up son at 11:45 

12:30- lunch 

1-2 - restime ( baby naps, kids have quiet time, I clean) 

3- piano lessons for son 

4-6- Play at park or games inside 

6:30- have dinner 

7- bath time 

8- lay baby down 

8:30- bedtime 

9- clean kitchen  

9:30-10 study 

10-11- relax 

TEUSDAY 

7:30-9- wake up, eat, dress 

between 9 and 9:30- cardio@ gym 

10-12park or play inside 

12- lunch 

1-2- rest time ( same as above 

3:30- tumbling for duaghter 

4:30- 6 play with kids 

6:30- dinner 

7-bath 

8- Grandma comes, baby bed 

9-10 class 

10:30- 11- rest 

Wensday is the same as monday exceptthere is a PTA meeting once a month at 6;30 so dinner is bumped. Thursday is same as tuesday.  Friday is same as monday except class is from8 to 10 so grandma comes early and gives baths.  Between 9 and 11 on saterday is basketball for the older kids at the YMCA and we have lunch with Grandpa.  We also grocery shop and do laundry on saterday.  Sunday is our free day.  We usually go to the zoo or skating or something together.  The activities vary and I voleenterr for bake sales and other things at my son"s school.  Also when my husband is home my mom doesn't come over and he cooks and helps with the house.  I actually have it easy right now because I am only going to school part time.  When I start my internship, which won't be for awhile,, it will be alot harder. 

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
confused
October 24, 2005, 6:49 pm CDT

A Questions for Diana

What is wrong with feminism? What is wrong with women wanting to be educated and work?  How come it was okay for you to get a divorce but others should just suck it up and stay in a unhappy marriage? 

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
blank
October 24, 2005, 7:07 pm CDT

I apologise

Quote From: flmom38

you sound very judgemental with that one little paragraph.  I have a biological son and 2 adopted daughters.  I could not have any other children and yes, "I DID CHOOSE TO ADOPT".  How can you know what is involved in the choices people make.  For us, we had the choice to not adopt and have 1 child, adopt and have more children, or try infertility treatments to have more biological children.  Your statement makes it sound like you think adoptive parents are selfish!  They are just like anyone else - they want children.  I adopted from China and most people tell me how much they admire me and how wonderful it was that we did this.  My response is that I adopted because I wanted a child just like everyone else.  I was not doing some heroic deed by giving a child a home.  If I was selfish I would take the credit they try to give me and run with it.  Watch how you phrase things without too much explanation.  Someday you may say that and a young adopted child or teen may hear you and start to think that maybe their parents would give them back if they got pregnant or had other options.  I can tell you that my adopted children are completely loved and wanted as much as my biological son.  The process and emotions we went through to have our daughters was so much larger and emotional than our son and just filled our hearts up with love for them all.
I want to say I am sorry for what I said in a earlier post.  I was upset with my MIL at the time.  She adopted my husband and his sister when he was three.  Whenever we ( my husband and I )  make a decision she doesn't like or they argue she always throughs it in his face.  She has said things like I didn't have to take you or I wish I would have picked a better kid out.  When adoption is done for by loving ppl it is a beuatiful thing.  Again, I want to apologise.

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
angry
October 24, 2005, 7:25 pm CDT

TAKEN CARE OF?

I just wnat to say one thing.  Guess what?  You take care of a child not a grown woman!  I am sorry you feel the need to be taken care of.  As for a wife needing t serve your husband, that is garbage.  When my husband and I were first married we spent a week with is sister.  This woman woke up a half an hour early to lay out her husbands clothes, make his breakfast, and coffee.  My husband asked me why I never do that and I told him that at 25 if he couldn't work a coffee machine and pick out his own cloths then he had issues I couldn't help him with. 

As for Kelly and Grant, SHE WAS IN STAGE IN TEARS OVER HOW HE TREATED HER.  That, I beleieve was a sign of unhappiness.  The way he treats her isn't healthy for their children to see.  He needs to change because he is hurting his family. 

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
happy
October 25, 2005, 12:29 pm CDT

another thing

Just because you aren't capable of balancing family, career, and school doesn't mean nobody else can. 

User Mood
Lazy

Message Emote
angry
October 25, 2005, 5:08 pm CDT

mo

Quote From: chdsgrl

Um.........ask your kids if you're capable. 

I went to school , worked full time, spent more than 30 minutes on homework, and did an internship AND I managed to graduate with a 4.0 and valedictorian. 

I balanced it just fine. 

But my kids wanted their mom home. 

If my husband was gone for 5 months at a time, and all they had was me, you better bet I would be there as much as possible to fill the void. 

Actually I take classes at night, study when kids are sleeping, am there for my kids practices and games, am on the PTA, volunteer at my son's school, clean, cook, and everything else a good mother does.  I have a 4.0 and am very content with my life.  My kids are happy and very well adjusted.  They will just know women do more than clean. Now I have to run to class,

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board