Message Boards

Messages By: dancemom35

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
worried
August 2, 2005, 7:02 am CDT

bullies

My 15 year old daughter will be going into the 10th grade this year.  All summer long she has been tormented by several girls who have vowed to "ruin" her next year.  She has always been a happy go lucky little girl and when she was in the 8th grade she won her Jr. High beauty pagent.  Ever since then girls have been calling her names and just making her life miserable.  She was able to cope but things have completely spirled out of control this summer and she has had 3 friends turn on her because of one girl.  These girls have called her, text messaged her and done everything possible to make her life miserable.  They have threatend to beat her up and mess up her face, and my daughter is now to the point where she doesnt even want to go to school.  I have called the other parents and asked them nicely to speak with their daughters about this but they blow it off and say that it will all blow over and they will all be friends before long.  I am not the type of person to blow up an issue and I know that my daughter hasnt been provoking these kids because she doesnt have access to the internet and her cell phone has been taken away and even with me having her phone they still call and text her.  What do I do?  and am I taking these things the wrong way? any advice would be greatly appreaciated.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
August 2, 2005, 9:22 am CDT

school nurse

Quote From: momof4gals

Geeze.  I know some school districts around us have a traveling nurse.  However, I also know that if the need is there a child can be sent to another school, even if out of district, that has a full time nurse available.  The district would have to provide transportation.  Also, if the school cannot provide adequate supervision etc then it is the school districts responsibility to provide home education/turtoring so that the child may receive the adequate medical attention at home.

I worked the health room at my childs elementary school several years ago.  It is amazing to me the number of children who are neglected.  I feel that every school should have a full time nurse period.  We had to call the paramedics several times for children with diabetic problems.  In my opinion that was THE BIGGIST issue that I delt with the many years that I worked the healthroom.

I think you should push the issue. Your child has rights and I think the school is responsible.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
August 3, 2005, 2:42 pm CDT

bullies

Quote From: 101160

HI I AM A BIT CONFUSED AS TO WHO YOU ARE REFERRING TO?ARE YOU AGREE WITH ME OR GIVING ME A PIECE OF ADVICE.THANKS .CATHY
Thanks for all the advice.  I hope I dont have to go to the authorities, but I want my daughter to be safe.  Someone suggested maybe her changing schools, although that would be a good solution, and give her a fresh start but she is so involved with school, she is on the dance team and really enjoys that part of it.  Please keep her in your prayers Ill let ya know how it goes.  Thanks

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board