Message Boards

Messages By:

May 13, 2006, 8:19 am CDT

Mother-in-laws

I think Mother-in-laws can offer some advice, if they realize they it might not be heeded.  I am a mother-in-law twice and a grandmother of 8.  I would never try to tell my children how to good spouses or tell my son and daughter in law how to be good spouses.  I do give advice to them about my grandchildren, but realize that my advice might not be heeded.  They have to make their own mistakes, just like I did.  I never openly disagree with them in front of the children.  The only time I would absolutely make a stand is if the children were in danger!!!!!!! 

Mother-in-laws would constantly stay in their childrens' business, should get a life and stop living through their children. 

September 1, 2008, 1:08 pm CDT

More horror

When Dr. Phil announced the parents were John and Melissa, I flipped.  My own son and his ex have the same name and just recently went back to court for a custody hearing involving one of their 3 children.  After 6 years of my son having primary custody of these children, the mother got custody of the youngest one.  They are all boys.  My son never asked her for anything.  You may wonder why she didn't get custody of all 3 ...... she didn't want the 2 older boys.  They weren't even allowed to call her or visit her and were not allowed near her.  This just proves there is something wrong with the system.  She does whatever she wants and igores the court orders, she keeps the younger child and won't let him visit his father.  I wish someone would explain to me why a mother would want one of her children and not the other two.

A sad grandmother

December 13, 2008, 3:24 pm CST

Military

I am married to a retired military man, our son is military, as well as extended family members on both sides and our friends.  I just don't think the military is doing enough to help these service members when they return home from war ----- medically, emotionally or physchologically.  I've met a lot of young wives who just don't know how to cope with the solder that returned to her.  There should be help for spouses to cope also.  These men and women need all the support they can get, family, friends, and communities.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board