Message Boards

Messages By: macauleys

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
worried
November 8, 2006, 10:15 am CST

warning

I just wanted to let you all know there is another scam going around and they are using reader digest name in the scam. I got a letter saying I won a international lottery and there was a check inclosed for over $3,000. They stated they got my name from Reader Digest. I got suspicious when they used Readers Digest name but not their logo. I called the bank that was on the check and found out it was a fraudulant check. I already wrote to readers digest about this and I turned the matter over to the post master general in my area. There are alot of scammers out there. Take the time to check things out.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 8, 2006, 10:35 am CST

I wanted to comment on how rude people are

Quote From: hellokitty86

I cannot wait to see this. From the previews Dr. Phil looked so angry, rightfully so! How can people try to scam other innocent people for their own personal gain!??! Bless these people who have been scammed, and punish the scammers in the most harmful way. I guess we will see what happens..

People today are so rude. Whatever happened to manner and respect. I work at a call center and let me tell you I get abused daily by people calling in to place catalog orders. Many of them think that I work there because I am stupid. I am working on my college degree in political science with a minor in community studies. I live in a very small town and the call center of the major employers. I am so tired of rude people cussing me out because items are not in stock or their order is shipped to wrong address. Dr Phil I don't know if you have ever done a show about working in a call center. You should I think people may have a little more respect for the person on the other end of the phone.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 4, 2006, 10:40 am CST

12/05 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: vevila

I'd like to understand more about how this woman feels.  I have very severe PTSD after many years of abuse, and while I do hope the 'gross feeling' eventually subsides, there is no way on this earth that I can even think about being intimate with a man at this time in my life.
Sometimes I wonder if people confuse showing affection with having sex. Being affectionate does not always have to lead to a sexual encounter. Movies and TV shows have really blurred that line. Whatever happened to just holding hands with someone or giving someone a hug. Simple acts can have such meaning. There are people who are no longer in my life that I would my right arm to have one more hug from them. Especially my Dad and my Grandma.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 5, 2006, 10:20 am CST

two things

Quote From: soniaphillips

Whether Drinking Gambeling or drugs I think it is all bad and especially if it all goes back to different generations of families (ex. parents, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) because then the children that are born into that lifestyle will see that it is all ok to do and won't see any reason to change their ways just because mom and dad say so. Also if the parents don't think that they have a Gambeling,or drinking problem and continue to live in denial then the children will also. I don't care what the drink once an alcoholic always an alcoholic.

I have a uncle that is an alcoholic and chain smoker and no matter who tells him he still continues with his bad habits. I chose a long time ago when I saw him headed down this road that I wasn't going to be like him and have remained so.

These children need to be in rehab but unless they are underage no one can force them to go and even then they won't stay if they don't want to be there or their parents or any other legal guardian aren't there to keep watch over them. 

It is a rebellious thing that kids do to fit in with "the in crowd" no matter who gets hurt they like to live life on the edge or dangerously because to them it is fun and they don't want to hear anything about how it is wrong from their family or anyone close to their parents ages. If anything thay want to hear it from someone close to their own age because they will be more likely to listen to them maybe  they won't take what is said to heart right away but when reality finally hits they will realize the error of their ways and look for someone to help them or admit themselves to rehab.

First of all I grew up in a home where my Dad drank beer. I didn't drink it. Why because I knew if I did that my parents would have punished me. It is against the law. I live in a small town in Montana. Some of the kids  that I work with are underage and drinking heavily. For some reason it is accepted here. I would love to know where the are getting the booze from because I would turn that place in to the police in a heart beat.
Secondly. About showing affection. It is weird what we miss. This year I will not be able to spend Christmas with my family. I will be alone. What I wouldn't give to be sitting at my Mom's table helping her to prepare the family feast. Affection comes in different ways it is important and to shut it down is to miss out. That is what I think

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 11, 2006, 9:48 am CST

I won't be able to make it home for Christmas

Quote From: bear_ta

If you can't find enough love for your family to just behave because hate the holidays then go on a vacation by yourself . There are things one does whether you like it or not when you love people.

Thankfully I didn't get that defective selfish gene. I hate shopping; my husband loves shopping. I go shopping on a regular basis, with a smile. I love Christmas. To me it's about my family, food, decorations and music. I love the smells in the house. I love the food I've had from childhood. My mother is German, and I grew up with amazing German food and traditions. My father is Irish, and always made Christmas fun. None of us believe in god, but we grew up in a Christian societies, so it's our culture, and our traditions stem from that. I've never stressed out at the holidays. I don't go overboard with presents. Being with the people I love and giving them something they wanted is nice, but to me it's all about the family dinner, and the warmth we have for each other.

I won't be able to make it home for Christmas this year. Most of my family lives in Maryland and I am in Montana. I am so depressed. I am working but very poor. I can't afford gifts or even food. All of this hurts so badly because Christmas was a big deal at our home. Even though all of this is going on. I still plan to go to church on Christmas Eve.Something tells me not go give up hope or faith.I don't know what happend in people's lives that they don't want to celebrate the holidays. Maybe it is a lack of faith or hope. Perhaps a disappointment. However we are not guarnteed tomorrow so today is gift for God. I haven't given up. So your guests should not either. Life changes in a heart beat sometimes for the better.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 11, 2006, 1:32 pm CST

before he gets there

Quote From: faeryedark

you could invite some of your children's friends over (as soon as you find out he's there, maybe pre-arrange this w/ their parents, Then, you can tell him sorry my kids are having a slumber party...so sorry you didn' let us know further in advance
Before he leaves bc either call him or email him a list of the local hotels and tell him that he will be staying at one of those. If he tries to stay Tell him hey we sent a list of hotels and we have plans to spend time with the children.  When he brings up the topic of church and your kids. Tell him that it is none of his business. As my Mama would This is my house and I make the rules.  Don't like it leave.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 12, 2006, 10:16 am CST

GO FOR IT

Quote From: ceildh1

First off I want to THANK EVERYONE for the advice,Seems my BIL is in for a couple of surprises this year.

We put up with it, only because he comes from the other side of the country to DROP IN ( must be nice to afford the airfare and the rental car for that time), and he used the line " I could be deployed to Afghnistan anytime," he's in the Navy, so of course the double whammy right >?

But this year I choose to be happy over th holidays, and keep my car keys within reach, I guess I just never know when my Mom is going to need help with Christmas dinner or baking , that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Also, I told my husband, he shows up, you lose a day off work because I won't be here to entertain him, Hubby dosen't like to take time off this time of year, and my SIL has PROMISED to run interference,like picking him up at the airport and taking him to her place, but he can't stay there because her daughter is having Chemo, and everyone is banned right now who might have a cold or flu bug with them (perfectly understandable).

We have picked him up a gift card for a local hotel, right between us, and that's where he'll be staying, because I've had enough, and I will tell him, you want to raise kids, get a couple of your own.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it

Happy Holidays to all ( yes even the Scrooges )

Hey you go for it and have a good holiday

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
sad
January 2, 2007, 9:15 am CST

what I want for this year

Quote From: gwarrior6

Luca should understand that the average woman needs a YEAR, not two months to shed baby weight.  Breast feeding helps, but even then, if you put on 30+ pounds, youre going to need time to get it off, or you'll put it back on and more.  C-sections cut thru abdominal muscles, so, i'm sure she's sore- makes crunches hard.  If she doesn't have the $ to get a "mommy make over"(breast lift after breast feeding combined with tummy tuck), her body just isn't going to look the same before she had 3 kids.  The more he pushes, the more she's going to resent him...the slower the weight comes off.  So he has more to gain by keeping his mouth shut.
What I want for this year is to get out of the situation I am in. 2006 was not one of my best years. I went through a lot of abuse. Now I live in a one room apartment. I don't have money for a bed so I sleep on a cement floor. I have one job but it does not pay the bills. I am looking for another job. But I don't hold out a lot of hope. There are not a lot of jobs in Havre, MT. I feel like I am in jail for something I did not do.  New Years Eve I actually counted out how many pain pills it would take to kill me.  I did not take them. I don't ask for handouts I work hard. Montana can be a very unforgiving place. The small towns here have among the highest suicide rates in the country. I injured my leg last week and I can't afford to go to a Doctor. Jobs don't offer health insurance. So Dr. Phil what do I do now.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
sad
January 3, 2007, 12:28 pm CST

thanks

Quote From: newsfrommt

You are right, MT is a tough place. The wages are low and the cost of living is high. I am in Bozeman. So, are you in the small apartment because you left an abusive situation? Is it just you, or are there kids involved? Just wondering. I know one thing, where ever you are is better than being treated less than you deserve. I promise you I am praying for you. Your message really hit my heart. I recently saw the movie, Persuit of Happyness and he spent the night in a subway bathroom on the floor with his son. You can rise above this and it sounds like you have taken the first step. You are not alone! There have been many others that have gone before you and have survived. You will as well!! Email me if you want. Either way, I will be praying for you.
 Thanks for your prayers. You live in Bozeman. I live in Havre. I went for a job interview yesterday. I gave a great interview. I did not get the job. The only reason I can think of is because I am partially disabled. I walk with a limp. I get so mad sometimes because people see my disability and not me. I have a degree. I am a skilled researcher. I did research for two New Mexico state senators while I was living there on sexual assault bills. I found out things that the New Mexico state government offices could not find and I can not get a job a descent job here. Dr Phil you once put out a call about the most racist places in the United States. Well you should visit Havre. If your are poor, disabled or a minority you can not get a descent paying job here. People of color and disabled people are followed around in the stores. More than once I have been followed through kmart.  I have friends who don't dare tell anyone at the Montana State University that they are gay because  gay people are openly persecuted by the professors and staff. The campus disabled people have a hard time even getting around. Many Native American students have a hard time there. People are turned away from places that are supposed to help them. I want kids and a family. How can I have  them if I can not support myself. I am desperate. The bills are do on Friday and I have nothing. The pain is so bad in my foot and the swelling is so much that it hurts to walk. I keep fighting the urge to kill myself but I don't know how much longer I can. Try to get help here and your turned away. I am not the person I once was and I don't know how to get her back

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
sad
January 8, 2007, 1:01 pm CST

I just wanted you all to know

Quote From: barbwire1970

I made mistakes.  I was young, dumb and full of ....  I know that now.  But I thought we had gotten through all of those stumbling blocks the both of us had.  But she has chosen to feel abandoned when I am right here and she knows where I am.  She didn't even send me a Christmas card.  I would have sent one to her and the girls but she has moved and I don't know her new address or phone number.  All I have is the office number.  I sent mail there and she sends it right back to me.  I email her and she doesn't email me back.  She hates me.  She considers my sister who died at 49 years old of breast cancer to be her mother.  So she states that now her mother is dead.  When I am right here.  I miss my granddaughters something fierce.  I have just gotten off of a two week crying jag.  I just couldn't stop.  Even in the doctor's office, I couldn't stop crying.  I guess it worked itself out because the crying has stopped.  I did have to get stronger medication and different medication.  I have had four surgeries this year to fix my knees and ankles.  I still have to go through another ankle surgery because the first one didn't take correctly.  It looks like it is broken, I swear to God.  Funny looking thing. 

Just wish Amanda and I could forge some new ground for a new and better relationship.  I am not going to live forever...we are not promised one more day or night.  I wish with all my heart to have my daughter and granddaughters back in my life.  Even if for one more day.  Hopefully more but that one more day would be worth a million dollars in my book.

There has been so much loss in my family lately.  It is dwindling down to hardly no one.  I just wish she could see that too.

Amanda was class valedictorian, she put herself through technical college and graduated from Carolina at Chapel Hill, all this with having two children and a job.  She is so smart.  And that is the way I raised her.  But now she thinks she is too smart for me.  I thought once she became a mother, she would at least have some understanding of the reason I did the things I did.  But that didn't happen.  She just saw me as someone weak who not couldn't do better but wouldn't do better.  But that is not true either.  It is just so frusterating.  But I am going forward....that is the only way to do.

First of all I just wanted to let all of you know that read my posting last week. That I am still here and I am trying to get help. Thanks you for praying for me. Dr Phil or his staff. I have been trying to reach the united way here in Havre Montana. I have not been able to do so. I know I need to get some counseling. The closest place is in Great Falls (two hours away) any suggestions

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board