Message Boards

Messages By: danamikayl

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 11:03 am CDT

help please!

I'm not from Manitoba, but I need support just like everyone on here. I've been lost without this board and have went back to my binge eating. I set a date to get back on track. Tuesday, because my 11 year old got a new paper route and I'm going to help out. It will get me out of bed early because we have to have them delivered by 7am. It's also 6 days a week, so they will be my workout days. When I come home, I plan to hit the treadmill for 30 min. I got weighed yesterday and wanted to cry. all my hard work is gone. One cheat day leads to many more. How did I get so out of control. I'm so depressed. I don't want to go anywhere because I'm buldging out of my clothes. I refuse to buy bigger. I live in Welland, Ontario and grew up in Nova Scotia. I would like to give and receive support. I'll look for you later. Hope someone replies. I am currently 166lbs. Goal weight is 130-140. I am so not good with change. Hope I can figure this board out quickly. I do see some new things I like. Can't figure out where favorites are?

Sherrilynn

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
happy
July 23, 2005, 3:44 pm CDT

Hello Sheree

I am still trying to get used to this. I am glad that some of you are back though. I didn't want to be all by myself here. I hope everyone else comes back too.

I checked the board the day we left for holidays, July 10th, and it wasn't working then I checked it when we got home, July 21, hoping I would have lots of messages to read...and it still wasn't going. I couldn't believe it.

I didn't do very will with eating at all. We did walk a lot though. I still haven't gotten back on the wagon. I am doing that on monday. I haven't done any exercise since I got home either. Monday!!

Welcome to the new girls. You will love this message board. Once we get it going again. But there is lots of support here. I post here on a daily basis. Not always about weight either, sometimes I just babble. lol Like right now for instance. hee hee

I sent Dr Phil an email on Thursday asking when the board would be going again and then yesterday I checked for a reply and voila, the board was going. I'm sure they got a lot of emails. How can they just stop it like that for such a long period of time? They should have warned us. For a while I thought maybe I was doing something wrong and I was the only one that couldn't get on.

So how are everyone's kids? Mine are good. Not driving me crazy yet. I can't believe I just said that. lol

Well I just got home from work so I am going to go and relax. Talk to you later. Sheree

I was happy to read your post and I will be thinking of you on Mon. and I ask that you keep me in mind on Tues. I have 2 children, ages 11 and 4, both girls. I homeschool my girls, so I'm used to them being around me a lot.

I agree that we should have been warned. I went to my usual Ontario board and I've list everyone. No one is back there. They probably don't know it's back and I came here because I saw there were people actually posting. I don't care if were not in the same province, I just really want the support when Tues. rolls around. I will post to you on Tues. with some supportive encouragement.

Sherrilynn

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
anxious
July 23, 2005, 6:42 pm CDT

The challenge

It seems like we are all in the same situation right now. I can feel the support of this board though. I am so out of control with my eating. I'm eating everything in sight. I see a lot of you are going back on on Mon. I will join you all on Tues. I figure if I have to get up at 5am to do papers with my daughter, it will be a good time to start a new routine and believe me getting up at 5am is a huge lifestyle change for me. Are all of you feeling bloated and tired? I sure am. I hope they will warn us the next time they take the board away. I'm sure that was tough on a lot of people.

Sherrilynn

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 8:59 am CDT

Monday!

After getting up this morning and feeling aweful, I've decided that I just can't wait until Tues, so I'm with everyone here. Tomorrow it is. Hubby is going to make one of his wonderful salads and I bought a big package of skinless chicken breast to cook today and have ready for tomorrow. Today is a "clean the environment and preparation day" I know most of what I clean out will land in my mouth, but tomorrow I will end this cyle. I don't think I ever realized just how much I need this board until it was gone. What were they thinking? Anyway have a great "last day of junkin out" and we'll all meet back tomorrow. I can't wait to have more energy!

166lbs.     Goal is 130-140

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 2:58 pm CDT

~addicted to junkfood~

I went to the mall today, knowing that today would be my last day without planning my menu. I was alomost in a panic mode, wanting to get all my favorites before tomorrow. I've been trying to kick this addiction from the time I quit smoking 3 years ago. That's when I found a new addiction and became an x-slave to cigarettes and a new slave to food. It's all I think about. I'm successful pretty much everytime that I decide to lose the weight, but to stay with it is another struggle. I always gain it back. I'm a yo-yo binge dieter. I know all the right tools that work for me, yet putting them into play is the hard part. I can't wait to start fresh tomorrow with all of you. I love being back on the board. I missed it a lot.

Sherrilynn

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
hopeful
July 24, 2005, 8:02 pm CDT

Something in common!

When I read your message, I thought that I was reading one of my own. Except for the smoking. Way to go on quitting. I am a total food addict and like you I know how to lose the weight and yet I still gain it back everytime. I even have a friend who lost 95lbs due to my encouragment. She came to me to ask how to eat and what exercises to do, but do you think I could kick my own butt.

This board is great though because it shows you that there are other people that crave the crappy foods that we do and yet they have lost weight and that is very encouraging.

Melody

I too encouraged a friend of mine and she lost 25lbs. How much do you want to lose? It's 11pm here and I just finished cleaning my environment- into my mouth. I feel sick, fat and bloated from my Sunday binge and when I wake up I'll be ready for the challenge. I will start to feel the cravings in the afternoon and I will have to fight each and every craving for the first few days. After that I will feel much better and wonder why I don't always do this. This is my pattern. I would feel great and just when my body was cleaned out and I was losing weight and feeling great, I would say, "Well I'm in control now, one cheat is ok". The problem is that I'm addicted to junk food and one will never do. It leads to a binge. Just like I can't say, "I'll just have one puff of a smoke", I also can't just have 1 choclate bar without having a bag of chips, a piece of cake and some icecream to go with it. It took me 7 years to kick my addiction to cigarettes and I've been struggling with my weight for 3 years. I hope that this is the time "I get it". I have a neighbor that just moved in about 9 months ago and she is very motivating for me. I am 32 and she is 53 and she has a body that I would love to have. She rarely touches a piece of junk, she goes to the "Y"  5 times a week, she grows her own veggies and herbs. She inspires me to know that if I was disiplined enough, I could look great at 53 as well.

I want tomorrow to be "a new day" and not like all the times that I've done this before. I'm tired of wishing I had someone elses body. I want to love my own. So I start AGAIN at 166. Goal is 130-140

Sherrilynn

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 8:15 pm CDT

Sheree

Current weight is 166lbs. My goal is 130 and my mini goal is 10lbs. I accept the challenge of going to Aug. 31st as my mini goal, 2lbs a week is a very reaslistic goal. I'm excited! I'm off to bed and prepared to wake up to a healthier lifestyle.

One day leads to one week,

leads to one month,

leads to one year,

leads to a healthy lifestyle change and a new you!

Sherrilynn

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 4:24 am CDT

Happy Monday everyone.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 4:24 am CDT

Happy Monday everyone.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
happy
July 25, 2005, 4:46 am CDT

Happy Monday everyone!

Good morning everyone! I just love this board. Loosey thankyou for the kind words and support. I will be happy to return it. I usually wake up between 10-11am, but this morning I got up at 7am. I have to start getting up tomorrow at 5am to help my daughter with her paper route. This will be a huge lifestyle change for me. I think it's just what I need. I don't think there are too many health nuts that wake up at 11am,lol. I am feeling a lot of different things this morning. I feel ready to this and positive. Having the board back is huge for me. I'm starting the morning off with a peppermint tea and two aspirin for the killer headache I have from yesterdays massive binge. I feel sick and I can't wait to get all the junk out of my body. Today won't be pretty, but I will fight every craving and look forward to day 3, when my body will feel so much better. I will drink as much water as I can handle today, which won't be hard considering the temperature is supposed to climb to 34 degrees today. I am having some silly thoughts today. I want to go for a bike ride with my girls, but I don't want everyone in the neighbor hood to see me today. I feel huge, and aweful. I'm not feeling social at all. I want to wait until it's dark out tonight and then go walking. I know this is not a healthy way to think, but I wanted to honest in case others are feeling the same. Basically, I'm positive but I feel like crap. I put my body through a lot of abuse lately and today it's going to stop. I will be thinking of all of you today and I'm so glad we have each other. We can talk about our struggles and our victories in a place where we understand each other.

Sheree, How often are we going to weigh in? I don't like to get weighed too often because the scale used to be another addiction for me. I could do once a week, or will we get weighed on Aug. 31st?

Sherrilynn

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board