Message Boards

Messages By: moonrain1

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 22, 2005, 7:42 pm CDT

More than I expected under this topic :)

Hello everyone!  

I really enjoyed reading the previous spiritual conversation.  I only wish to clarify one aspect. Male witches are called exactly that; there are female and male witches. Warlock is a very negative term that some people like to call themselves for shock value and has no place in the religious aspect of things.  To call a male witch a warlock would be an insult, I would hate for you to be judged for a very harmless misunderstanding :)  

I have adventured upon this topic in search of a way to calm my mind.  I would really like to attempt to use meditation and/or yoga. I have been told to get up early and use that time as my special time for meditation away from the kids, but I'm not a morning person. I am afraid i will fall back to sleep while meditation. Anyone with toddlers able to give me some pointers about how to find peaceful times in the day to try  meditation or yoga.    

Hope everyone is well and talk to you all soon. Blessed Be. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 22, 2005, 8:19 pm CDT

Tough but teaches independent sleeping.

Quote From: dpwatcher1

i have a 22 month old daughter that has bedtime woes. I have gotten the transfer from my bed to her bed but i have to stay in there with her until she is asleep, and even then i have to make sure that she is really asleep or she will come down stairs and we have to start all over again. I leave all the stuff i have to do during the day for the time that i put her asleep at nite but by the time that i get her to sleep it's so late that i am falling behind, any advice from mothers that have been through this hurdle before?

This is a really tough way that worked for me.  I know alot of mothers think this is a cruel way to put their child to sleep, but my daughter sleeps like a champ now.   

First of all, make sure that she is definitely sleepy, I try to wear my kids out before bedtime, lots of playing, just to make sure :) I used to put her in bed and leave her door open but she would get up over and over so that didn't work.  Then i decided to close her door so she could not come out.  I would go reassure a couple times while she cried and then leave her for the night.  She would cry no longer than 30 mins average and after about a week, she was sleeping on her own without much trouble. At 2 and half years old, i still put her to bed and close her door, but she rarely gets up or cries.  I have put a baby monitor in the hallway to monitor both my 1 1/2 year old son in his room and my 2 1/2 old daughter in her room...that is until i feel she is old enough for me to leave the door open for her without worrying about her getting up in the middle of night.  

Every child is different and this may not work for you. Example, my daughter took so much work to keep her in bed but my son, when he is pooped, he's off to sleepyville without so much as a wimper, BUT he is not in a toddler bed yet. I may have some tough times ahead soon as i will need his crib in February for our third addition to the family :)  

Hope this helps and take care of your sweetie. Blessed Be. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
confused
August 30, 2005, 7:02 pm CDT

Giving meditation a try.

Quote From: ritehere

It can be difficult to step back from our lives, to see the wider view. I used to think that nobody around me hurt as badly as I did. Reading some of the posts on these boards can quickly give you a different perspective on that. Suffering is all around us, and the ones who seem to be happiest are the ones who have learned that suffering can be managed, and that our lives can have equal measures of peace and happiness.
Meditation can help us to find the peace, by opening us to the workings of our mind, and how we continue to let our past affect our present and future.

Thank you for the advice on finding time for meditation and changing the "tapes" in my head.  I feel that there are too many "tapes" and not enough room or the completely wrong "tapes" to begin with. I don't think that i have any coping skills because i always feel overwhelmed with emotion or worry about anything and everything.  I am looking into meditation to try and calm my mind and find inner peace so i can cope with everything around me.  I not only find myself worrying about laundry, raising kids etc, but also worldly problems that i have no control over. I thought i had Adult ADD at first but then i saw the show about it and that's not it...maybe obsessive worrying which makes me nonfunctional sometimes. I'm a hoarder like the people i saw on the show today because i cannot throw things away (it runs in my family..example, i moved into my grandparents house after they passed away and am living with not only their stuff but my mom and aunt's old toys and great- grandparent's stuff..i am willing to go through it since no one else will but my mom doesn't want me to throw anything away...ugh) and i lack the motivation to start tidying up because it doesn't seem to look any better ( i think i just move the piles around and throw SOME things away) so i get overwhelmed once again and quit, leaving the house a wreck still for days till i get another urge to clean. This is a neverending cycle. I am so happy with my immediate family life, loving husband, two wonderful toddlers and one on the way, i know my spiritual path, yet i seem so unhappy about everything else and i don't know WHY! Maybe i need to stop being so unselfish and pay a little more attention to me before i lose myself. I will try and use my relief from the kids on nights and weekends by my wonderful husband for myself instead of housework... and work on meditation because i know it can help, i just need to do it.  Thank you for listening and Blessed Be.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 14, 2005, 6:37 pm CDT

Book is on the way :)

Quote From: ritehere

A book that helped me tremendously was Dr Phil's SELF MATTERS. It can be a very difficult book to get through, even scary. But if you're willing to REALLY get to the nitty gritty and turn your life around, it can be indispensable. There are some wonderful people on the Authentic Self board that can help you get through it if you have any questions along the way.
I'm branching out into the world and will not be posting much in the foreseeable future. I need to get a job after many years of raising my children. I was fortunate that my husband made enough money to enable me to stay home with them. My youngest will be going off to college next year, and I need to help pay for that so we don't run up debt. In addition to that, I'll be taking on some volunteer work in the community. I've learned alot on these boards, posting to help others has helped me even more, I think. But it's time to move into the real world and relate to others face to face.
I'll be back from time to time to see how it goes on this board. I'm hoping others post, as I see so many good applications for meditation in life.
Good luck, and make time for yourself. After all, who else will?

Thank you so much for your guidance and tips. I have ordered Self Matters and just waiting for it to arrive. I feel that i really do need to search inside to find my authentic self.  I feel like I do have all i have ever wanted in life but apparently i have missed something or I would be thoroughly satsified.  Therefore I am going to read the book and figure out the missing link, hopefully.  I'm so happy to hear your baby is going off to college.  You should be very proud of yourself as a mother, i know I would be.  Good luck on returning to the workforce. Take care and can't wait for an update :) 

Blessed Be. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board