Message Boards

Messages By: tlawson518

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 28, 2008, 9:15 pm CST

need advice

I am overweight by about 130# I am considering bypass surgery. Does anyone have any negative or positive thougts or feelings to share? I have tried every weight loss system there is. I am able to lose the weight but I always gain it back.

Thanks

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 30, 2008, 6:41 pm CST

01/29 Extreme Weight with the Doctors

Quote From: sgvivas

After years of fighting obesity, I can say, I am thin again.  December 16, 2006, a date I will never forget, on this date I had the lap band surgery, since then I have lost 115 lbs.  I'm currently in bed recovering from my first body reconstructive surgery, I had all the excess skin removed from my abdominal.  Yes, I was scared, but I must say, Dr. Phil was right, you need to learn to love yourself so you may love your family.  I too was scared to undergo surgery but knew I had no choice, I had to jump on what would had been my last opportunity to live again.  Although, I'm pain, I'm already feeling happy.  For anyone that needs a buddy to pump them up, I am here willing to help, because I was were you are now and I already notice the change on how I feel about myself, not necessarily from the outside, but the inside as well.
Thanks for responding. I appreciate your advice! :)

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 30, 2008, 6:53 pm CST

Heparin overdose

Quote From: marturanop

I would like to comment about the beginning of the show when the discussion was about the Quaid twins and the overdose of Heparin. I would like to point out that as a nusrsing student I know that if the nurse would have practiced her 5 rights this would not have happened. She should have checked the drug, the amount, frequency, route, patient at least 3 times prior to giving the med. This is why nursed should not get in a hurry and do what they were taught instead of short cuts. The nurse in this case is leaglly responsible for what happened.
 I have to say I totally agree with what you are saying about the Nurse practicing the 5 rights. However in this Nurses defense, being a Nurse for 18 years I have found many many many times we are understaffed! Which you are not familiar to you yet as a student. This allows alot of room for error as you will find once you graduate in to the over rated world of Nursing. In becoming a Nurse we always want to do what is best for the patient and would never mean to harm anyone!  We are human. Alot of times vials of medication look the same, are very similar in name and dose, and are stored close together. Alot of time Pharmacy sends the medication to the floor for a specific patient. These type of issues again allow for alot of room for error. I hope in your nursing career you will take this incident and learn from it. I also hope that you will learn to support your fellow Nurses and not be as judgemental. As far as I know I have never given a wrong dose or med and I continue to pray for Gods guidance in this because it is a whole different world when you are out there on your own. I would love to know all the circumstances to this case. Good Luck with your career I wish you the best success!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board