Message Boards

Messages By: nominatio1

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 9:17 pm CDT

Hello out there

Where is everyone? Karen, Grace, at all. I surely hope you are finding your way back after the disruption of the boards.  Lets hear from you, ok? Take care and God bless. Nomi

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
July 26, 2005, 9:05 pm CDT

bearhugs 88

Hi bearhugs 88, so glad you came to the board. The board has been very slow as it has undergone a lot of changes. It is possible that these changes have kept people away and they may not yet have found their way back. I hope they came back, and soon....
I am sorry you are having a hard time with so many ailments. Once everyone is back again, you will see that we are in this boat together. Many good suggestions have been posted here and improvements have been made. Many are experiencing challenges as well.Have you or are you reading Dr Phil's book?( the 7keys to weight loss) It is a must . You will gain hope and guidance by reading it. Can you exercise at all? Exercise wcan help with insomnia. Are you under a Dr's care? Pleasekeep coming back and post whether someone is on or not. It will help you, I know. I will check back for you, ok? Nomi

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 8:46 pm CDT

puptent

Quote From: puptent

I am on SS disability for chronic fatigue syndrome since 1992.  Most people don't know what that is and say things like "you don't look sick" or "just get more sleep!"  URGGH!!

My life has drastically changed since I was diagnosed with CFS in 1992.  In 1994 I left my controlling husband and moved in with my best friend to charge of my life again.  Then in August of 1995 I met a wonderful man whom I dated and then married in 1996.  He has two children from his first marriage and they came to live with us in 1999. Then our son was born in 2001 and our daughter in 2003. 

Over the years, I have learned how to deal with CFS.  There are days where I turn the tv on for the little ones (horror) while the one two are at school or their mom's and I lay on the couch and veg.  And then there are days where I am fine even full of energy and do things with them and even housework.  My husband is wonderful and supports me whether it be dealing with a messy house cause he is working overtime or whether it be helping me clean and with the kids.  This is a support system I didn't have with my ex so though I have more to do I feel better more which I feel is my more positive life.

As for the weight gain, I have always been skinny or at the "correct" weight for my height etc. until ...you guessed it the marriage with the ex whihc of course was magnified by the CFS.  I have been battling it ever since.  The good news is the two pregnancies didn't add any additional weight -- just baby and lost that after they were each born.  I have tried Dr. Phil but I wasn't emotionally ready yet.  I have to go food shopping this weekend and get some salads and fruits etc. to start again.

I just turned 40 and had a tough time dealing with that -- more where I am at at 40 then the actaul number.  I went and bought a new wardrobe that makes me feel sexier then just wearing mom t-shirts...and I got a new hairstyle.  These actions have made me feel more confident and it turns my hubby on too!   I think that know I can tackle the weight again.  I must get out my Dr. Phil Weight Loss Challenge book and recipe book and dust them off! ;-) 

Thanks for listening and I wish everyone weight loss success which I know we can all acheive!  

good to have you on board. Please be patient until the regular posters are all back. I so hope that they are coming back. People were very helpful on this board before all the boards went kaput.
Sorry to hear that yo are having a hard time with CFS. Yes this type of condition can create turmoil never knowing what energy level you are going to experience on any given day.
I found that gradually, I was able to increase my exercise duration and intensity which in turn gives me more energy and I do not have the severe symptoms I used to have with fibromialgia. Also, my doc asked me if I wanted to try an Antidepressant which I finally agreed to. It is a very low dose and I am still in the beginning state so I am waiting to see how it affects me. My Doc told me that it could help with CS and Fibro.
Anyway, post often whether someone is here or not. It helps just to express your self. You wil see. Take good care. Nomi

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 8:41 pm CDT

hi puptent

Quote From: puptent

Thanks for the greeting -- I was beginning to wonder where everyone was... ;-)

I thank goodness never had fibromialgia -- just CFS which is enough.  My motherinlaw who had a car accident some years ago has CFS and has very bad fibro.

I put on my weight dutring the onset of CFS with my inactivity.  I was always a very active person -- I always worked two or more jobs at a time.  Then suddenly I couldn't work at all.  Some days I couldn't even get out of bed.  THrough the years I have progressed and learned to deal with it and relax on bad days -- the housework (or whatever) will alwys be there tomorrow -- it isn't going anywhere!

I started the UWL again today at 220 pounds and my get real weight is 1488-135 as per Dr. Phil's Body Weight Standards.

thanks for sharing your experience with CFS. I am sure it is hard although not so very different from fibro. It is so easy to put weight on during periods of inactivity. It is such a vicious cycle, too. Physical challenges cause us to slow down and  physical activitites  in turn cause weight gain. Like you said, it is good to listen to our body and not overdo things when we feel not as strong. Although this has always been a challenge for me, i.e.pacing myself.
Good for you that you started the UWL. Here are my stats: 173/160/140 to 130. Lets keep working on our goals. Please post often even if not too many people are posting these days. I think they are still getting used to the changes on the board. Take care, Nomi.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
August 3, 2005, 8:05 pm CDT

hi cherie

Quote From: bearhugs88

nominatio1...Thank You so much for replying.  I am new to message boards, but from what I'm seeing, it's really neat and the friendship and support and knowing there's other's out there that are dealing with the same issues.  I just started reading Dr. Phils Book: The Ultimate Weight Solution along with the UWS Food Guide!  I'm so excited to get it read and apply everything.  I'm pretty ecstatic!!! Last week @TOPS I lost 3 1/2 lbs and this week I lost another 3...I feel like I'm on a role.  I also started that new Lunesta to help me sleep.

Have A Great Week...TTYS

Oh My Name is Cherie...I'm an avid Teddy Bear Collector and I adore Hugs...Hence bearhugs88

welcome to this board. Please come often and post. It's good to have you. CONGRATULATIONS on losing 6 1/2 (WOW) pounds . That is so great.You are on a roll- you better believe it. It is so encouraging, isn't it  Keep up what you are doing.Are you on Rapid Start? Quality sleep is so crucial. I am so glad that you are sleeping better. There is research saying that people who sleep the necessary hours are in better condition and lose weight more easily.
Would it be helpful to post our weight, i.e. starting/current/goal? Just a thought.
Have a good week, also. Take care, Nomi

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
August 3, 2005, 8:12 pm CDT

Hi and welcome

Quote From: walkinrose

Hi, I have a lot of medical challenges that do not help me to loss weight. I was wondering how you do it. And if anyone has succeded in lossing. I do not expect to lose a lot because I do know my limitations but would like to slowly lose some with following the keys and doing some light exercise. Rose

P.S. when you hit the spell check and nothing comes up does that mean everything is ok:)

I know it is challenging to lose weight when medical problems coexist with obesity. Take alook at the other posts and also the archived ones, there you will be able to see how people despite the challenges, have succeeded in losing weight. Dr Phil's book has a chapter on weight loss resistance. Perhaps you can take a look and find it helpful. My motto would be; steady does it, i.e. keep up working toward your goal. It may take longer and you may lose more slowly but ... it is doable. Do you get your exercise in each day? do you drink your water?
Re spell check, I have never used it. I just go to "review" check it and change whatever I think needs changing. then I hit "post".
Have a good evening and keep up your good work.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
August 3, 2005, 8:13 pm CDT

1.Diabetes? FMS? CFS? Chronic PAIN? Your WLC Home

Quote From: mfoxy1

I wanted to let people know we will be having our 1st discussion on our board, this

Thursday--will be an all day discussion and we are covering the very beginning of the

UWL/7keys book.If needed we will carry the talk over into Friday.we may change the day

for discussions later but it being this late in the week--we picked Thursday--cause afew of us

didn't want to wait til next week to begin.

the board is named:

We Don't have to do this alone anymore.

I hope those of anyone who can, will pop by and share your views and opinions with us.

This board can be found under the weight section--under sub title weight loss challenge

discussions.last I knew it was listed on the third page there.

and also wanted to an open invitation for anyone who wishes to come post anytime on the

board--we are always up to having daily discussions as well.

I too deal with health issues,as you can read from my posts on the board and discussions concerning medical issues is also welcome.

hope you will come check us out

Vickie

Thanks for letting s know about your discussion of the keys. If I can I will stop by. Take care.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
August 9, 2005, 8:12 pm CDT

hi Karen and everyone

Karen, I am so happy to hear from you. Iam thrilled that you found your way back onto the board. I, too, had difficulties and I was so dissappointed when the boards were gone.
Thanks for asking about my surgery: It was about one month ago and both ovaries were removed, which put me into immediate menopause. I do have hot flashes which I think are exacerbated by the even the low dose of prozac which has sweating as one of the side effects. The good news is that three was no C!.
I went home the same day which was a mistake as the pain was just beyond description. I had insisted on it because of my daughter.
I have been back to work for about 2 weeks and I am recovering nicely. I started exercising again after one week of having the surgery.
Please let us know how you are doing.
I do not have Grace's e-mail and I could have also contacted her. I hope that she is doing ok.
I look forward to hearing more of you and wish everyone a good evening. Nomi

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 8:56 pm CDT

Hi Karen, Marie, and everyone

Good to hear from you. Karen, I understand about the menopausal weight gain, although I have had a fairly good response weight wise since my surgery. I lost a few pounds and I am still hanging in there. I do have hot flashes and sweating, which I was hoping to avoid. But, I will deal with it.  I found that exercising is the best remedy although as of last Saturday I have not exercised as I am having another one of these dreaded sinus infections. I am trying to pace myself.

Marie, I have Fibromialgia that is why I am also posting on this site. I know that exercise is not always possible especially when you are dealing with a flare-up of Fibro of CFS, but try to get back at it when you can.

Karen, it's great that you have such a great relationship with your dtr and dtr-in-laws. If I were one of those I would love you, too (smile)

Take good care and God bless. Nomi

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
August 11, 2005, 8:58 pm CDT

Hello Karen, Marie and everyone

Thanks for your kind posts. It is always good to hear from you.
I started execising again today, (at home ) which is a good sign, I am not over the sinus thing but I feel that I am getting better. I will see if I can go to the Gym tomorrow. I sure want to. I am proud of myself that I was able to pace myself and not push to exercise when I felt bad. I guess this is progress, too. In the past I would have pushed right through and gotten worse.
Karen what seems to help me, (with weight loss)if I can manage it, is not to eat after a certain time at night.(around 7PM) I am able to do it more than before, and I can see that when I am able to do it, it shows on the scale. So, this is motivating for me. I also take green tea extract capsules and drink green tea in the morning.
Hang in there everyone. Marie, thanks for sharing re the IE challenge on the other site. In my case, IE has become such a "norm" for me, that I it is a part of my life now. I miss it when I cannot work out for some reason. I know also how crucial exercise is to health.
Good night everyone. "Talk" to you probably on Saturday. Nomi

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board