Message Boards

Messages By:

September 21, 2005, 10:04 am CDT

common sense

Quote From: mebrn5619

Rather than being afraid of online dating try just thinking of it as another avenue.  You still have to use the same common sense and intuition you would in any other way to meet people. It actually can be a good way to get as much information as you think you need to feel comfortable before you see someone in person.   That is if you use the services that provide confidentiality rather than just trying to talk to people in chat rooms. Good luck.

i am 23 years old and have been online since i was 17. i think that online dating can be very dangerous especially if you dont use common sense. there are so many people out there that are desperate to meet someone that they rush into it and meet so quickly and then they wonder what went wrong when it doesnt work out.  

you cant possibly claim to know someone after chatting or meeting them a couple times. my bf and i have been dating for 11 months and im still learning things about him everyday.  

September 21, 2005, 10:25 am CDT

Ready for Marriage?

i dont understand why people are so quick to move in, have children, etc BEFORE THEY ARE MARRIED. People just dont take it seriously anymore. And then people wonder why they get hurt or are treated like crap.   :::confused::: They have an old saying that goes why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free.

September 21, 2005, 10:58 am CDT

resentment

Quote From: tk0201

My fiancé (as of July 1, 2005) and I have been together for almost four years; he is divorced from a woman who has a daughter from a previous relationship; although their marriage was short lived, he apparently bonded with the child; I recently found out that I had been mislead for quite some time about the amount of contact between the three of them; I had no idea until I saw the cell phone bill copies that there were calls back and forth every day (except weekends) and that the number of calls made ranged anywhere from 3-10 on any given day; when I confronted him about it, I was told that all of this communication was always regarding the child, but I find it hard to understand what there is to call about that many times a day about a (now) eleven year old; the entire time we have been together, the ex-wife has always felt free to call and ask him for money for whatever they needed (birthdays, clothes, holidays, etc.) and the “separate family issue” has been an ongoing battle for me for several years now; last week I told him that, since I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, that I wanted his communication to be with the child only, that I saw no reason for he and his ex to talk every day; he agreed and told me the next day that it was all handled; keep in mind that he supposedly had the same conversation with her about a year and a half ago; I feel like I have gone above and beyond where all of this is concerned, I’ve never allowed myself to confront her, although I’ve let him know in no uncertain terms exactly the way I feel about both of them; the child acts like a total brat and speaks very disrespectfully to him every time we’ve ever had her for the weekend, and the ex will obviously take every dime she can get; he is a good hearted person, and maybe he doesn’t see how he’s being taken advantage of, or perhaps there are some unresolved issues between them; but the bottom line is that his devotion to them is killing our relationship; I love him, but I don’t feel that I can trust him where they’re concerned and I don’t want to have to check behind him for the rest of my life; I would welcome someone else’s perspective on this…
what in the hell are you waiting for girl. get outta there. they obviously have unresolved issues between them and i wouldnt want to be in that situation if i were you. i wouldnt trust him either. who pays for a child that is not his !!!!! thats just crazy. i think if you do stay youll always question him unless you guys seek some type of counseling to help you deal with this. maybe if he had to explain the situation to someone else he would see how rediculous he sounds and stop it all together. but keep in mind that you cant change him. he has to change the situation for himself if not hell resent you for it.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board