Messages By: gumboot29

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
quiet
July 24, 2005, 6:07 pm CDT

Difficulty Forming Friendships

Dear Towers,

I've just read your message and Petra's reply and I would have to agree with her sentiments. Everything she said was spot on and I don't believe she was attacking you in anyway. I'm sorry to say that your letter seems to be quite negative. You can tell a lot about a person from the way they write and the things they say.

Look, life is all about choices is'nt it? We get to where we are in life by the decisions we make and the way we choose to live. What you've been doing so far (in regards to women) has'nt been working so maybe you need to choose a different approach to meeting women. There is always another way, other choices to be made. Don't give up. If you want to be loved you have to love yourself first.

Love and cherish yourself and don't settle for less than what you deserve.

Take care of yourself.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
February 26, 2006, 9:10 pm CST

02/27 Twisted Love: The Aftermath

Quote From: amber123

You really do need to walk a mile in someones shoes to make a statement like that.  I was the mistress to a wonder unhappy man.  I was abused in my 12 year marrige and besides work and my children & family I stayed home.  He was a friend first and gained my trust and my love for 4 years.  It was something that I needed at that time in my life.  He came to me - I did not go after him.  When you believe in someone you do some very strange things.  I am a great mother, a good daughter, sister, friend and employee of the same comany for almost 25 years.  I support my children alone in every aspect of their lives.  Do not judge all women or men that fall into the trap of loving someone they should not.  I am sad that my friends marriage was bad and encouraged him for many years to get help but there is only so much one can do.  I am most sorry for his wife that she would even consider staying in the marriage with 3 older daughters and setting such an example.  Why would anyone want to be with someone that does not want to be with them and them alone.  I believe that marriage is build on trust, respect and honesty none of which this couple have.  Maybe he is better with his lover, I am sure she (the wife) is better off without him.  Something had to be missing from his marriage in the first place to look elsewhere for fulfillment.  Maybe they connect in a way his wife and him no longer can. 
Do you see the hypocrisy in what you have stated, "Why would anyone want to be with someone that does not want to be with them and them alone." Well you tell me. How do you know what went on in their marriage?? You heard one side of it . Don't try and justify your actions, you were an intruder in there marriage and as you said, "You really do need to walk a mile in someones shoes", namely his wife.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board