Message Boards

Messages By: giggley1

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
October 2, 2006, 9:44 am CDT

My daughter suffers from test and math anxiety

My normally low key daughter can snap in an instant over her math anxiety  throwing pencils,yelling,total meltdown, and when it comes to tests of any kind forget it. Even in subjects where she knows things backwards and forwards she still stresses so bad that she can't do her best. I don't know if her anxiety affected my son or if he has the problem too but he too stresses out on tests. These are intelligent kids I wish that they could learn how to relax so that they can give the performance I know they are capable of. I too had this when I was in school I would know things backwards and forwards and could get the whole picture perfectly but when it came to detailed answers I would blank out and wouldn't be able to remember anything. Dr. Phil she's 16 and I'd love for her to be able to go to College but as it is it doesn't look too good. My daughter learned to read on her own at 3 1/2 her vocabulary and comprehension skills are off the charts and she's very artistic. I don't expect perfection ,I just want her to be able to do her best and give her more confidence. Please Dr. Phil can you help my daughter before it's too late and help my 8 year son too before he gets as bad.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board