Message Boards

Messages By: ginnyjane

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 9:39 pm CDT

WELCOME HOME,DOLORES

Hey Joy, Where is everyone? I got back from vacation and there was no board. LOL But I kept checking. You have a great idea getting back into the book. I have reached my goal, but I am struggling to keep it there. I will try to start reading the first chapter tomorrow. I hope all theladies come back soon. I will talk to you later. Dolores
Again--welcome home! We have been e-mailing each other while the site was down.  Hope your holiday was really great. I think I like the new format but I'm not sure. Jane and Lois must not have found it yet.  JOY, I will try to start the book today.(It's 5AM--I don't sleep well). I kept telling my cousin to read--read--read  so I guess I'd better practice what I preach!!  Going to try to sleep again.  God Bless  Ginnyjane

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
July 25, 2005, 3:29 pm CDT

HI, READY ABLE AND ALL

Quote From: ready_able

Hi There,

Room for one more? I am completely lost on this board and may never find my way back here again but I would like to.

I am 80, young at heart and mind and still trying to get the bod to match the spirit. I am looking forward to find out how you all manage this weight loss thing. Have the book - pass on the boot camp but need to work out. What are you gals doing?

Hi all--Yes, READY ABLE we always have room for one more. The bod and the spirit don't usually agree--at least in my case. I have a lot of success when I pay attention to what is said in the book, but lately my food choices are not so good--that's why I need to post so that I can be reminded to do what I am supposed to do. One of my main problems is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I guess we are all back . Now I guess we need to work.  READY ABLE you DO have a name--may we have it? Again You're welcome.  By the way--I find my way back to the site by putting it in my "favorites"file.  God Bless  Ginnyjane

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
flirtatious
July 26, 2005, 4:18 pm CDT

HI DOLORES AND ALL

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

Thanks Ginnyjane, Vacations are always nice, but it is always good to get back home (where it isn't so HOT) LOL I need to get back in the book to. I promised Joy on a post earlier that I would start, but haven't gotten started yet. I am glad everyone was able to keep in touch while the boards were down. I hope Jane and Lois makes it back soon to. Wish we could get a few more.

Later, Dolores

I'm hoping to get back to the book--I know Joy, I promised to start but I haven't yet:-(  --so I'm even with Dolores. I e-mailed Jane and she said that she was having trouble re-registering. Said she had not received an e-mail from Dr. Phil; I sent her a copy of mine to see if it would help her.  No answer so far. Haven't seen/heard hide nor hair of Lois.  My cousin whom I got started on Dr. Phil has just given up. She's trying someone's Six Weeks Body molding.(she weighs over 200lbs LOL.)  I have got rid of junk snacks and no cookies or ice cream--(but I still have peanut butter) I'll try! I'll try!!   God Bless   Ginnyjane

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 27, 2005, 3:07 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING ALL

AJ--Don't let anyone tell you that you don't need to lose weight "at your age".  What do they know.  They are probably not your age.  "Our age" needs to lose excess weight and get as fit as we can.   It helps to keep or brains fit as well. There are sample menus at the back of the book. Also a 14 day starter plan. By the way, I noticed that you are "non-US" .  Where do you live? I am in Ireland and this board is my main help and support. JOY- I do hope that your shingles are improving.  It  can really be a hassle-----Did you know that they are related to chicken Pox?:-) I agree with the spellcheck . I make a lot of typos as well. DOLORES-I'm sure glad that someone else is a peanut butter addict.  I can't get almond butter here or cashew butter:-(

My food choices are better and I did start to re-read the book.  Exercise is my main problem because I am physically limited as to what I can do. Any suggestions?  No work yet from Lois and Jane??  God Bless  Ginnyjane 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
flirtatious
July 28, 2005, 3:54 pm CDT

FINALLY--JANE

Quote From: mufpen

Ginnyjane--I found you--Thank you for the directions.  Glad to see Dolores back--welcome home---This is really nice.   I am really willing to start over reading the book.  My book has always been handy---look at it each day--but now I promise to pick it up and start reading chapter 1.  So far today I have  made good food choices--will get back to ONE DAY AT A TIME-----Our weather has been nice and cool the past 3 days---really nice after our 15 days of over 90.   Have a good day everyone and let's keep posting with the help we all need--welcome to our new lady---and hope more join us.    ONE DAY AT A TIME--Jane

JANE-I'm so glad that I had your e-mail address. Glad also that the directions were good. Now we need Lois.  Well, I did start the first chapter--just have to keep at it. I tried to get my cousin back on the program but she said the book made her feel guilty.  Don't understand that. Maybe it's not for everyone. It's late an I've got to sleep.  Been watching DVD's--the telly is so bad.  Hang in there y'all! God Bless Ginnyjane

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
giddy
July 29, 2005, 3:13 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING ALL

Well. I started the book.  food choices are better but not real good. I hope Lois finds us.  I made an error in telling AJ that there was a 14 day menu plan---it's only seven.  I hope her surgery went well.

JANE, my picture is one from an e-pal that I write to from Poland.  It is of a lake in their Botanical Gardens.  I used it because I thought it was so pretty. How are you all doing with the book and food etc..  God Bless   Ginnyjane

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
August 1, 2005, 5:05 pm CDT

GOOD MORNING

I though Good Morning would be about right since it is a quarter to one in the AM. Don't sleep well. AJ, are you back yet and how did the surgery go?? Talk to us.  I am still reading the book. Re-reading is really a good idea since I have learned  some new things that I didn't notice before. Trying to make good choices and have lost 1 pound in the past week.HOWEVER, a "friend" came by to visit and brought me a pound of chocolates!!! This is going to be hard!!  You all have mentioned rubber bands for exercise.  I am trying to find some at our local sport store.  I do now have a stationary bike----just have to use it. May have food problem  later---I go to a wedding on Wednesday and over here they really put on the food.  Low fat doesn't compute at this time. I'll let you now how I make out!.  Has anyone heard from Lois yet??  I hope she makes it back. You all take care.  God Bless Ginnyjane

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
August 6, 2005, 4:15 pm CDT

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE

Hi everyone--Over here one does not say "good evening" they say good night!!!  I don't know why either! I made it through the wedding! But I could not pass up the dessert....BAKED ALASKA!!!! The Mississippi mud cake sounds like fourteen zillion calories. Haven't weighed myself since the wedding-----no guts.  I will be eating one regular meal and two meal replacement drinks for the next two days plus my multivitamin/mineral.  I am reading the book but it's slow.  Your fresh veggies sound great. Wish I could have a garden but am not able anymore--but we do have a new fresh veggie market and they have almost anything you could want. Things that the regular markets don't have. Sure wish we would hear from Lois and AJ. Everyone take care.  God Bless  Ginnyjane 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
August 7, 2005, 4:44 pm CDT

LOIS GLAD TO SEE YOU

Quote From: texmeme

Well,if this goes thru, it will end a long hard search and several emails to Joy,who I thank. The Rangers (baseball) are on so will only write a quick note. I have been trying to keep up with everyones postings. Glad to have AJ on board, DOLORES--so glad you are home, I missed your postings.I do hope you had a wonderful time with all your family. Does it ever make you want to come back to the states, or are you happy in Alaska? JANE--you have'nt mentioned how your daughter was getting along, do hope she is still improving. JOY--what a treat for you, having your family come in and paint your house. It sounds like you really have a great family and always willing to help you all. JINNYJANE---I love your picture you have on your postings.  I hate being in the water, want no part of it, but I do love camping near it and can sat all day just looking and watching the boats or people fishing. You sound like you are really trying to lose that weight, I am at a stand-still. I still weigh often, stay the same, but I really need to get 12 or 14 lbs off to reach my goal. I just don't excerise like I should, and don't really like too. Better go for now. NOW IF I CAN JUST REMEMBER HOW I GOT ON HERE. Till later, God Bless and take care. Lois

LOIS I'm  glad to see you finally got to the site. If you have a "favourites" or "bookmark" on your computer just add the message site to it and you can come right back each time. I'm with you---water is for looking at!! We had a semi final of Gaelic Football today(related to soccer) and my county lost! I have a lot of pounds to lose to reach the goal I'm looking for. I found a recipe that I thought that you all might like to use.  It's a soup that says it requires more calories to eat than are in the serving. I find that it is great for "the hungries".  

Cut up the following vegetables into bite sized pieces: 1 large green pepper--6 large onions--1 head cabbage--1 large bunch celery  1 can whole tomatoes (14 oz) 1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix. Place vegetables in a large soup pot --cover with water and bring to boil for 10 minutes then add onion soup mix and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. It freezes well. I season it with Lemon Pepper.  You can add seasoning and herbs if you like.  It's good and filling.  Hope you try it.  You all take care.  God Bless.  Ginnyjane 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
August 16, 2005, 4:23 am CDT

I'M LOST!!

This will be short because I have posted twice in the past two days and nothing happened.  I'm writing this to see if it shows up on the board!! If not I don't know where to go from here.LOL Ginnyjane:-(

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board