Message Boards

Messages By: 29mom2beee

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
giddy
July 22, 2005, 10:04 pm CDT

I FOUND YOU SHEREE!!!

Oh my god!!!  Just trying to get on here has made me wanna eat a whole pizza.  LOL.  My computer is so slow and it has takin' me about an hour to finally get to this point.  Boy have I missed all of you.  I haven't been doing so good with the eating.  I know now with the support, I will be back on track.

So Sheree how have you been doing?  Are you exercising, I haven't been able to get my butt going.  How has your eating been?  Mine has been aweful.  I need to get a swift kick from somebody. 

Well happy to see things are up and running again.

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 23, 2005, 4:54 pm CDT

I AM IN!!!!

Great idea tracy!  We'll start monday.  I have been doing aweful too.

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 6:56 pm CDT

I hear ya!!!!

I went to the mall today, knowing that today would be my last day without planning my menu. I was alomost in a panic mode, wanting to get all my favorites before tomorrow. I've been trying to kick this addiction from the time I quit smoking 3 years ago. That's when I found a new addiction and became an x-slave to cigarettes and a new slave to food. It's all I think about. I'm successful pretty much everytime that I decide to lose the weight, but to stay with it is another struggle. I always gain it back. I'm a yo-yo binge dieter. I know all the right tools that work for me, yet putting them into play is the hard part.I can't wait to start fresh tomorrow with all of you. I love being back on the board. I missed it a lot.

Sherrilynn

When I read your message, I thought that I was reading one of my own.  Except for the smoking.  Way to go on quitting.  I am a total food addict and like you I know how to lose the weight and yet I still gain it back everytime.  I even have a friend who lost 95lbs due to my encouragment.  She came to me to ask how to eat and what exercises to do, but do you think I could kick my own butt. 

This board is great though because it shows you that there are other people that crave the crappy foods that we do and yet they have lost weight and that is very encouraging.

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 25, 2005, 9:35 am CDT

AWESOME CHALLENGE!!!

Ok here we go!

227.8/217/150

bust 47

arms L 13  R 13

waist 52

hips 53.5

thighs  L 28  R 28

BR-1 cup blueberries, 1/2 all bran, 1 cup skim milk

Well 10lbs by August 31 sounds really good.  Good luck everyone.  Gotta run, I will write more later.

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
chillin'
July 25, 2005, 12:57 pm CDT

First day is going great...

L-7 veggie salad w/light ceasar, lean ground beef pattie, skim milk

Snack- yogourt and blueberries

35 minutes treadmill and 8 min abs

It feels great to be back on track and so motivating to be doing with all of you.  Going to Red Lobster tonight for a birthday, I am going to just have a salad with fish. 

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
July 25, 2005, 9:05 pm CDT

BACK FROM RED LOBSTER!!!

Well I went to my friends birthday party and I am quite proud of myself.  I did not have even one of those evil, yet delicious little garlic cheese buns.  I really wanted one, but I thought of you guys and skipped them.                                                                               

S-ceasar salad w/shrimp and lots of water and a green tea

They had cake, but I just ate the filling from my piece and about a 1/4cup of ice cream. 

I have an awesome pancake recipe to give everyone.  It is from my Body for Life cookbook.

Golden Pancakes                                                    

Makes 2 servings                                                                                                                  

1 cup uncooked whole-grain oats ( not instant)

6 egg whites

1 cup cottage cheese

1/4 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1. lightly coat pan with cooking spray, place over med heat.

2. combine all ingred. in blender.  blend till smooth.

3. pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time, into pan.  Cook till bubbly, about 3 min.  Cook other side about 2 min.

4. serve with sugar free syrup and berries.

These are awesome and low in fat, you get your protein and low in carbs.  And you get a huge serving.  I double the recipe and freeze them, then just pop them in the toaster.

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 10:03 am CDT

DAY 2...

Good morning everyone!                                                                                                            

B-all bran, scrambled egg, skim milk smoothie w/strawberries,banana,and blueberries

Exercise 30 min treadmill, 30 min weights, 8 min abs

Well today I have to rotor till my tree line.  Made a bet with DH that I could do it in one day.  I should lose about 10lbs just doing that.....lol (3.5 acre yard).  It looks like a nice windy day so it shouldn't be to bad.  I can't really complain because he has been doing all the tractor work this year, I hate the horse flies and we sure have alot out here.  No mosquitos, just flies.

Way to go everyone on a good first day.  Sounds like we all did good.  Talk to you all later.

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 4:41 pm CDT

I know what you mean.

Quote From: danamikayl

Why is it that we can feel so great all day, then from dinner on we have to fight the cravings. I am craving so badly right now. I already told myself that I will not give in, but it doesn't make those nasty cravings any more bearable. I've been doing lots of exercise today and eating right, but wham at dinner I thought,"this isn't what I want to eat". If I could have any super power, it would be mind control. Anyone else feeling this way today?

Sherrilynn

I feel like that alot of the time, but for me sometimes the craving even start after lunch.  I just try to remember that most of my weight gain came from snacking at night or eating to much supper.  Most of all I just look for recipes for the foods that I love, but the healthy version.  Just think of everyone her and remember how hard you have worked all day.  It wouldn't be worth it to cancel out all that hard work with a crappy meal.

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 26, 2005, 4:53 pm CDT

Another Great Day...

Well today has went great.  Did lots of exercise.  Cleaned out the garage and then had a huge fire in the back yard burning a bunch of branches that my DH cut down.  Got both my daughters working hard.                                                                                                 

L-salmon mixed w/a bit of LF mayo on lettuce  and a glass of skim milk

Snack 2- cantalope and skim milk                                                                                     

S-sole baked w/dill + lemon juice, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots       strawberries+milk smoothie

Well I am going to go get the kids to bed. 

Melody

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 27, 2005, 6:49 am CDT

Another GREAT day!!!

Well I woke up feeling strong this morning.  I love this feeling.  I've felt this way before, but this time it feels even stronger.  You guys are so motivating, THANK YOU for being the light at the end of my tunnel.  I didn't really think that just posting and reading a few messages could be so encouraging, but I was greatfully wrong.   

Exercise done-40 min treadmill, 2.5 miles and 449 calories

-8 min ABS

B-poached egg on 1slice of whole grain flax bread w/onions and tomato, glass of skim milk.

Melody

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board