Message Boards

Messages By: leasap23

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
confused
July 25, 2005, 6:01 am CDT

I don't like it!

Hey everyone...geez it was crazy trying to find you! And I missed reading and you guys so much...I was like man if they took us off I am going to protest! lol. I'm not caring for the site though, honestly. It might grow on me but I'm not really seeing improvement, just confusion! :O)

Well, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I have a check up then as well, not too excited about that. My doc will confirm for me that he got all the pre cancerious cells and that there are none anywhere else throughout my body. Help me pray.

So, I am wondering about everyone else now, I hope Ann is able to find us. Hey Tracey, Shelly Mario and Aggie. I saw you guys posted.... I feel like I've been out of town for a month or something and have missed what's going on with ya'll! Welcome to the new comer. There are great people here who will support you so post often.....

Hugs to you guys, it's nice to be back!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 11:23 am CDT

THIS IS A CROCK

I'm so aggravated at this new site. MAN! I don't like it at all! Congrats to Mario....big dawg going on 7 months!! :O) That's great man,....keep doing ya thing. So, let me make sure I'm right... is tray00 Tracey? I am pretty sure, but it said she has been quit for 3 weeks!!! Not that I doubt it, it was just the last time I posted she was struggling so I wanted to congradulate you for 3 weeks! Anyways, I got on to read from you guys and got frustrated again over how confusing and crappy this new site is. I wonder if it would do any good for us all to send an email and tell them? Probably not!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 28, 2005, 9:10 am CDT

Good news guys!!!

OK, so I'm thinking maybe if I put this in red I can find it easier!!! LOL....maybe not though. I'm still having trouble with this darn site. Kindof aggravating. I've got great news though....I went the beginning of the week to the doc. I am now precancerous free!!!! No signs of precancer throughout as well, so thank you Jesus. I am so very happy about that. Dr. stressed again how important it is for me to stop smoking and told me to try the patch first before prescribing wellbutrin. He said 1 in a thousand have seizures from it and so I could be that one and he would rather try an alternative next. So today I quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yah for me....this is the first time in my life I am honestly-whole heartedly quitting and I am feeling good about it. This morning has been a breeze so hopefully this afternoon will pass pleasantly as well. I want to think in days rather than minutes or hours because it makes me feel like I am accomplishing more that way. So, this is day 1!!!! I am going to go to quit.com and download my meter today.

Ann and Shelly..... I hope your vacations are lots of fun. Be safe traveling.... Tray...that sucks about your rude neighbors!!!! I would honk until they moved!!! LOL...my sis does that. She's got 2 small boys and every once in a while someone parks in her space, she just pulls up with enough space to let them out and lays down on the horn....someone eventually will come out and it's usually not the same person as before. I guess they got the hint! I think sometimes though people just don't care and thats the bottom line, they're rude and not worried about you parking where you want. This is probably not the nicest way to handle it but if you have no respect or consideration for me then it seems to lower my respect and consideration for you-which in turn has me honking my horn until you come outside and move your car! I don't know how forward you are but if ya ain't scared I wouldn't try to be so subtle next time and just make it very obvious. Maybe that will help? Linda...congrats on your smoke free life girl...I'm seeing myself right behind you! I'm praying for all you guys!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 5:34 am CDT

Just a quick question...

and I'll get out of ya'lls way.....Mario...you're going on a year...so close...I see that your post are usually short and sweet but at the same time, you post...is it because you still think about smokes or you just write to appease the people on the board? I just wonder after all this time you still have cravings? That will suck....I just don't think I can do it if a year from now I still want a smoke!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 8, 2005, 6:53 am CDT

Same boat

I haven't posted for the same reason. I read all the time and keep up with you guys but when I do post it's like talking to a wall...so why bother? I'll keep doing what I'm doing though and check in sometimes. Don't give up Ann....you are worth the victory!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 10:30 am CDT

yah! Ann!

Congrats Ann for sticking to it babe! I'm proud of ya. No, Tracey I didn't. It's so hard and I somehow conned myself into the 15th. I've gotta do something though because I am seeing just how weak my immune system really is. I had my surgery about a month ago and I'm still sore! Makes me worry.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 16, 2005, 9:04 am CDT

*To Tess*

Hi Tess, 

I wanted to give ya my email address so maybe we could be pin pals.....in school, which hasn't been too long ago, I was the chick taking up for guys like you....thank God I had been around with the rough crowd since elementary so they knew me and my friends too well to mess with me and never tried. Kids like that are just mean, they think they're bad and don't know that a couple of years from now when they get in high school or the REAL world there will always be someone just alittle bit bigger and badder than they are or think anyway.....at one time or another I have to believe they'll be put in their place. You may not have the satisfaction of being there to see it but know that's it so true what goes around comes around. Here's my email address Lea23p@yahoo.com write me sometime! 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 17, 2005, 6:29 am CDT

How'd it go?

Quote From: jorysmom

My daughter attended school in the same district from pre-K to 7th grade and was bullied from the 4th grade on. She was called many bad names, some that she didn't even know what they meant. She was flipped in the ear, hit in the forehead, just stupid things that the other kids thought were funny. Many days, when I picked her up from school, she would burst into tears as soon as she got into the car. 

She would go to the guidance counselor & the principal & the vice principal and complain and they would tell her to "toughen up" and quit "whining" and "tattling". I called the school, school board, everyone I could think of. I went to the school and the principal told me because I hadn't made an appt. with her, she couldn't talk to me. I refused to leave until someone in authority talked to me. We're not talking about a gigantic school, either...maybe 300 students in grades 5-8 total. 

Finally, in her 7th grade year, the school board assigned a new principal to the school. He was no better. Girls (I assume) wrote things on the restroom wall and locker room wall about her, calling her a lesbian and a freak and all kinds of things. 

Once again, I went to the school and complained. The principal told me to "calm down" and that he would try to have the janitorial staff paint over the writing. And, that he couldn't do anything, because whoever wrote those things didn't sign their name. 

She's a very smart child...an honors student. She's one year above above the others in her class because she actually started kindergarten when she was 4, so she's a year younger than the other children in her class. 

I've had it. This year, I enrolled her in a different district. It's a little further travel, but at least she's getting a "fresh start". Her first day in her new school was yesterday...and for once in years, she's actually excited about going to school. 

Thanks for letting me voice this. 

Hi there! I wanted to know how the first day went for your daughter? I hope well and I hope you can now relax and feel better and safe.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 17, 2005, 7:38 am CDT

To Jordan

Quote From: dcaqt_2010

Hey my name is jordan price!! I go to a privite school and i am in 8th grade there!! I like it except 4 the fact that i have no friends!!  I mean i have friends at school ,but not like out of school friends!!! I really like what clay said about what his mother told him!!! I am really trying to show Christ through my actions ,but it is hard 2 do that in such a snobby group of people!!!
Hi Jordan, I am very sorry for the trouble you are having a school. I would like to tell you that I am proud that you are trying to be a light in all that darkness. God sees that and honors that and believe that you will be rewarded in Heaven. You will also see as the years pass who succeeds in life and who fails which is a greater reason to keep your head up and keep pushing. I have no doubt you will go on to be a great achiever and an awesome person!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 24, 2005, 6:27 am CDT

K, so let me in...

Quote From: mischif12

I guess all the addicts/alcoholics that used to come here went and got themselves cured. No really, I don't mean to sound tongue in cheek - I know only to well the seriousness of this disease. I battled it for 30 years before finding a way to put it into a remission. Want to know my secret - please write. It's a deceptively simple method that works for any addiction, alcohol, drugs, cutting, eating disorders - you name it. Also talking to people here is one of the ways I stay sober. If you love an addict write to I think I can give some insight into the mind of an addict/alcoholic. 

Good Bless you all 

Mischif 

Hi, 

My husband and myself are addicted to weed. I've been smoking for about 7 years now. We both want to quit but when it comes down to it never do. So, let me in on your secret. I am ready for a life change. It wasn't supposed to be like this and I was stupid to think I wouldn't get addicted. My husband is a bit more of a harder case but he definitly will try with me. Any help you can offer would be great. Thanks and God bless you as well.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board