Message Boards

Messages By: leomom_3

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
confused
August 3, 2005, 9:44 pm CDT

Desperate for a daily schedule

I am a stay at home mom of 3 girls ages 6,2, and 3months.  Now that we have 3 girls I need to get them on a daily schedule/routine, but need help doing this.  I need a schedule of the daily things like nap time, bath time, play time, TV time, homework, ect.  Can someone please share with me their schedule?  Maybe even give me a sample schedule/routine.  By the way my 6 year old is in the 1st grade and goes to school until 3:30. 

Desperate and Confused in Texas,

leomom_3

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
giddy
August 16, 2005, 8:20 am CDT

bitting

Quote From: kdabam

I was looking for some tips on biting.  My son is 19 months old and still is biting us. (He started about 6 months old)  He goes in for a hug and then bites.  We have tried ignoring it, redirection, keep our reactions to a minimum, teething toys, turn him around when he hugs us.  We've been strick with him.  I even tried showing how biting feels but that didn't help. (Iwas at my lowest there)  I feel it just showed him it's ok to bite.  We are now having him sit on the couch for a while, he's been crying when we do this so Hopefully it is sinking in.  We take him down when he is done and tell him biting hurts.  It definatley is worse when he is teething and I know he is frustrated that he cannot communicate what he is feeling.  He has many words and knows sign language for children. but it isn't enough...I guess I just was hoping for a fresh perspective and ideas.
Thanks,
All chewed up aaaaaaaaaaah!

We had the same problem with our daughter now 2.  I talked to our pediatrician and he suggested what we just flick her in the corner of her mouth.  He said that it will not hurt her, just sting enough to get the point across.  He said to tell her that biting is not nice when you flick her so she will associate biting with pain.  It took 2 weeks for her to stop biting!!  

Hope this helps!!!! 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board