Message Boards

Messages By: tayali

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 5:43 pm CDT

Lying children

We have a 7 year old girl, who lies about the simplest things and my husband and I are not sure how to discipline her and make her understand why lying is not right.  We've already tried talking to her, grounding her, taking toys away, etc..  It is important to the both of us to solve this problem now before it gets worse.  If anyone has any ideas or helpful advise we would really appreciate it!!

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
September 16, 2005, 12:43 pm CDT

Child with no backbone

We have a seven year old girl who doesn't stand up for herself nor does she think for herself...even when she is around me she always asks "mommy what colour do you think I should have"...and it's even things like "what colour of popsicle shoud I have?".  When I tell her to chose what she wants she says "I don't know what do you think?"  I am afraid for her.  As I grew up my friends and other people pushed me around, I went through my childhood and teenage years trying to please everybody and I know first hand how it feels to have people walk over you...I don't want that for her.  I would like to teach her how to not let people push her around and have a mind for herself...but I'm not sure how or where to begin.  Does anyone has any suggestions????

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
frustrated
November 4, 2005, 1:23 pm CST

Toilet training

I have  been trying to toilet train my 2 1/2 year old daughter for a couple of months now, but  will not poop on the toilet (she has gone pee a couple of times), we have tried moving her potty to different areas in the house but nothing.  We have even left her diaper off all day to see if she would go to the bathroom but she held it for days, we constantly asked her throughout the day if she needs to go but all she says is no, then she'll go downstairs and five minutes later she says "mommy I pooped", she will sit on the toilet but she won't go poop. She even pooped in the living room and other places around the house when her diaper was off.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
February 22, 2006, 11:03 am CST

Careless Daughter

My husband and I have a 7seven year girl, she is such a caring person towards other people.  The problem is she is so careles when it comes to our and her things (toys, coats, our things around the house), she leaves everything laying on the floor - and I'm not just talking about her room, everywhere - the livingroom, counter, the basement, outside.  She has lost so many things it's not funny, all of her toys are now downstairs because she lays them around, I have even thrown toys away that she leaves outside of her room, she has the "I don't care" attitude and I'm not sure what else to do, she could care less about her toys being downstairs or thrown out.  How can we teach her to be more respectful of her things as well as ours?

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
worried
January 14, 2007, 8:32 pm CST

To Separate or Not to Separate

Me and my husband have been married for almost nine years-  met in high school married by 21 and our first child came at 21 (no we didn't get married because I was pregnant).  My feelings towards my husband have always been hot and cold - I was naive when we got married I thought It would get better)  Needless to say my feelings haven't changed so a couple of months ago I mentioned that I was considering a separation we went to a therapist however my feelings didn't change so I told him I was going through with the separation.  He was devasted and I couldn't handle the way he was taking this - I knew it would be hard but I really had no idea.  I did decide to give it a couple more months, but now I find that I'm in the same spot I was months ago.  I am worried about how he'll handle it however I feel if I want to be happy I have to go through with it.  Is that selfish of me to hurt somebody so bad just so I can be happy?  I guess why I'm writing this is because I'm looking for someone who has experienced the same thing but I would like to know from both sides.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
April 9, 2007, 12:34 pm CDT

Custody

I decided to separate from my husband about 3 months ago, we have been living together ever since - the time has come up...I am getting relocated with my company that I work for, however it's 3 hours away.  We have an 8 year old and a 3 year old. My concern is, my husband can't move to the same city because he makes good money where he's at, I'm looking for custody advice, my husband wants to see his kids more then just on the weekends but I'm not sure how else to do it.  He says if all three of us leave he's not sure what he'll do, I would like to hear from anybody who may have experience with this and any helpful suggestions.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board