Message Boards

Messages By: justmeinoz

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 9:52 pm CDT

Pregnant over 35

Hi! I'm pregnant too with my 2nd boy and I'm 35. So far everything is going well but I'm still nervous about labor & delivery. I'm about 24 weeks along and am due on November 13.

Hi, I'm pregnant too but this will be baby #4 and I am over 35 as well (turning 41 next month).

I had not planned this pregnancy at all (and in fact found out I was pregnant after my husband of 18 years and I decided to split for good) so it was quite a shock.

When the penny dropped and I had this pregnancy confirmed by the Doctor I was already 13 weeks along (I am now 15 weeks). I have had to undergo blood tests and nuchal scans to determine risk factors for downs syndrome etc (which turned out very well after 2 weeks of stressing about it) and I am over the moon about it all and can't wait for bubby's arrival (about 15th January).

I am hoping this one is a girl as I already have 3 boys (ages 7, 10 and 12) although I will be happy either way as long as it's a healthy bub.

Have a great day,

D.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
August 15, 2005, 7:54 pm CDT

pregnant over 35

Quote From: tandric

I am 42 and am 20 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby.  My first is already 19 years old!!!  and my 2nd has just turned one.  It's been a long time between drinks for me.  My partner and I planned these babies, but unfortunately the stress got too much for him and we have separated.  We have recently discovered that he may have Aspergers Syndrome, and stress is his weakness.  When he gets stressed in any way, how whole personality changes and he gets nasty.  So here I am at 42 with almost 2 little ones to bring up alone!  Not quite the way I had planned, but I still consider myself very blessed in other ways.

Cheers

I know just how you feel!  

I had not planned to have baby #4 either and it was a total shock to me too. I only found out I was pregnant after my dh and I had decided we were over, so I am on my own with this baby too. I already have 3 sons (between 7 and 11) so I have my hands full as well, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I see this baby as a blessing and hopefully it will be the darling daughter I have always wanted but don't really mind as long as it's healthy. I am 18 weeks now and hopefully will find out what sex bubs is next week when I have the next scan. 

I hope you are feeling OK with everything now and are taking it as easy as you can (yeah I know easy to say but hard to do).  

Take care, 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board