Messages By: acts431

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 8:03 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: shelly2003

Sometimes I have a bad self image and sometimes I have a good self image it depends on what type of day I had

Hello everyone!!  I'm new to the group and look forward to getting to you you all. 

I'm in the same boat.  Some days I have confidence and other days I don't.  Over the past few years I've gained about 42 pounds due to a medical condition.  I think that has a lot to do with my self image.  I was always thin and now I'm not.  I keep hearing Dr. Phil say that self image and body image aren't the same thing.  I hear it in my mind.  But tell it to my heart.  I didn't realize until recently how much my body image meant to me.  In a way it's postive because it's causing me to see myself in a new light.  I realize I'm the same person I always was.  But my body is different.  It doesn't seem like my body.  It's an adjustment.  Is anyone else in a similar situation?     

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 9:04 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: hisjewel

That is so great that you are getting where you can seperate the two things and not let them keep getting together and messing with your head LOL!!! that's just what happens they just must get together and have a ball trying to mess it all up for us and how we see ourselves hehe i am trying to think of it antimated LOL!! I don't know why i do that sometimes but i do LOL!!! No matter what i feel like it just happens and then if i am really sad it makes me smile cause i get kind of tickled with myself......... i don't like what i see when i look at me but well i can't seem to really like me the other way either...........
                                                                                                                       Here's an angel for you. I hope it makes you smile!  I totally understand.  I'm getting to the point now where I can believe "I have this, this and this positive trait.  This is who I AM no matter what.  Even when I'm elderly I'll still be the same person."  Then I look into the mirror and there is a chubby bunny staring back at me.  I'm thinking "Who's the chubby chick?"  Duh! As if I don't already know. How do I stop being so hard on myself?   I need to work on feeling good feelings instead of dwelling on my weight. 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 9:26 pm CDT

Career Goals

Quote From: pccathe

I have alot of trouble sticking to the goals I set. I guess they are more wishes than goals because I am not unhappy when I don't make them. I am prettypleased with my life and don't feel the need to stress to reach another level. I am in direct sales, a leader of my team, and I am always telling them to set goals, how to break them into smaller pieces, and I cheer them on when they achieve their goals. I have been told and realize that I lead by example, but I can not seem to keep motivatedmyself. I would love to prove to myself that I can set a goal and reach it. I would love to have a steady show schedule and to lose 25 pounds and to keep that weight off.

I a similar problem.  It's a little different: My problem is that I set a goal but forget I set it.  It happens all the time.  Sometimes there is too much going on to keep track. 

How do you plan to lose the weight?  Any specific diet plan?

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 28, 2005, 8:43 pm CDT

Self Image

Quote From: hisjewel

a lot of times we dwell on our weight but there is something much deeper inside often something that we don't want to see......  it could be one of manythings..........  i mean if we totally like ourselve for who we are then we wouldn't be llike look at this chub we would be like you know i think a healthy thing for my body would be to loose weight .........  which says to you i like who i am and if i lost some weight i would be a little more healty.........  you know what i am saying?  I think a lot of people can be so hard on themselves and i am one of them........  most of the things we do or think negatively have  a reason and like i said usually something we don't want to face but sometimes something that we can't seem to get away form like the words someone said or something they did....... am i babbling LOL!!!

that is a beautiful picture!!!!

You're right.  There are many times when I don't like myself.  I have to learn to LOVE myself and then I won't have a hard time with the weight.  I heard a minister today speak about what information we choose to act on.  He made some profound points. In the end we have to choose who and what we will listen to because it shapes our futures.  I have to stop playing the same negative messages in my mind and replace them with positive ones. 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 28, 2005, 8:47 pm CDT

Career Goals

Quote From: thereaper

Do you really forget or is the real problem that you just do not know how to get started on a goal?  Sometimes we push things off and then we say we do not have the time to do them.  A good way to stay on track with your goals is to use your word-processing system on your computer to list your goals and set tasks to achieve those goals. 

If losing weight is a goal you want to achieve you could start by making a list of healthy foods that you like or surf the net for good recipes that are healthy and make a shopping list before you go to the grocery store.  After ridding your pantry of junk food you should fit  a brisk walk in or turn on the radio and start dancing.  Even a small amount of activity combined with healthy foods can give you the strength to push you to meet your goals.

Remember, start with small goals that you know you can achieve.  This will allow you to gain confidence in yourself and your ability to achieve the goals  you set for yourself.

Kathy

Yikes! You cought me.  Sometimes it's both.  At times I don't know how to get started, so I procrastinate.  Other times my short term memory fails me (medical situation).  That happens more often than I would like to admit because it's very embarrasing.  It seems like I can't get a grip on my own mind at times.  Sometimes I can't remember very simple things and it scares me. 

Thanks for the advice.  It's definatley worth doing. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board