Message Boards

Messages By: snaqueb

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 8:25 am CDT

Exercise Makes Me Tired!

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me?

I am 24 years old and I generally have fairly low energy levels, and tend to need a lot of sleep to function properly (my ideal is 9 hours a night).  In March, I started reading Dr. Phil's weight loss book, and joined a local gym.  I got a personal trainer, and followed the program she made for me.  I went to the gym 3 times a week faithfully, and did my strength training program and 30 - 45 minutes of cardio every time I went.  After about 3 months, I had to stop going to the gym as I was just too tired all of the time and it didn't seem to be getting any better (actually, it was getting worse).  I was eating properly, getting good amounts of protein and carbs, but was still tired.

So, having heard my story, I was wondering if any of you have any advice/opinions.  Some people have told me that I may have low iron, as I have some of the other symptoms of low iron as well (heart palpitations, slow healing of muscle aches/pains), but my doctor insists that my iron levels are fine (she only did a general blood test though).  Should I get a second opinion, or ask for more tests?  What would you suggest?

Thanks,

~Snaqueb~

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board