Messages By: rlsangels

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
February 28, 2006, 7:24 am CST

from one mom to another

Quote From: livingwms

I am really sure how I can handled this. I am 44 years old(I don't mind saying this my doctor thought I would be bed bond by 35) I have Mulitiple Sclerosis and this June when my daughter gradulates from high school I lose her Child Support, and since I have been unable to work it will be only my SSDI coming in and that doesn't even cover my rent. I just don't see how I will make it. I am 98% sure my daughter will be getting a full scoloship for collage so I am not worried about her too much. I am the kind of person that doesn't like asking for help. I am not asking for money just some ideas on how I am to live on less than $600 a month.

Hi. I just saw your post and I understand what you must be going through, moneywise, anyway.I am a 46 year old stay-at-home mom of 2 and I also work at home for a company called AmeriPlanUSA. They are awesome to work for. I absolutely love it! I was in the Air Force for 13 years when my husband (who is retired Air Force) and I decided to have kids. So, I got out. As my kids got older, and our finances got worse, I knew I needed to find something to bring in some money, but I didn't want to leave my kids. So I searched for 2 years for something legit and finally found what I was looking for. My husband helps me with it also and soon he will be able to quit his job and be home with us. And then we both will have a career at home. This is a totally fantastic feeling. I would truly love to help you if you you would like.  That's what I do, is help people and it's such a rewarding feeling. Take care. 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
February 28, 2006, 9:48 am CST

Response to Husband works away from home

Quote From: kgoetsch

My husband works for a company that has jobsites in a 400 mile radius of our home. I am a young SAHM to a 5 and 4 yr. old and a 2 week old. He also has 2 kids ages 3 and 7 who are here 50 % of the time......I am new to this town and know NO ONE and have only one relative who lives 1800 miles away. I have suffered from Depression since age 12 and after treating it 2 years ago and feeling good enough to go off my meds.....I now know it's time to go back on them. 

My husbands company keeps him out 2-3 weeks and home 3-4 days.....not a ratio of time conducive to having a new marriage, new baby, depressed/lonely wife and blended family. He is supposed to get 24 hours minimum notice when he's being sent to another job.....this NEVER happens, he gets 2-3 hours notice to "pack up and head to ____ " and doesn't know if he'll be at that jobsite for 2 days, 2 weeks, or.......???  They don't tell him when he is set to come back home until the day before they send him home!!! So when he leaves I don't even know how long til he comes back!!! 

My question is:  Do I make him quit?  (almost impossible to do because he makes GOOD money and we live in a rural depressed economy in Oklahoma and his previous job was the best in the area at $7 an hour, he now makes about 5 times that so quitting kinda sorta isn't an option) 

or do I put up with it and slowly lose my mind, thus ruining a marriage I VERY MUCH want to last??? 

Someone give advice!! My head hurts from playing Devil/Angel and weighing all this in my head on top of carrying EVERYTHING at home including kids, finances, chores, his nasty ex-wife (long story regarding her mouth and his poor kids hearing too much bad stuff about their Daddy) and trying to recover from a C-section I had only 12 days ago!!  Yes he is off on a job right now (left 2 days after baby was born) 

Thanks! 

P.S. Just to clarify also, I am not religious so joining Church groups not an option (someone suggested this to me) and my town is about 3000 people with nearest town 45 min. away......clubs or volunteering kind of hard too. 

Just gets better and better don't it?!  LOL 

Hi, I just saw your post. I am a 46 year old stay-at-home mom of 2 and I also work at home for a company called AmeriPlanUSA. They are awesome to work for. I absolutely love it! I was in the Air Force for 13 years when my husband (who is retired Air Force) and I decided to have kids. So, I got out. As my kids got older, and our finances got worse, my husband had to take a part time job to make ends meet.  I knew I needed to find something to bring in some money so he can quit his part time and be home with us, but I didn't want to leave my kids. So I searched for 2 years for something legit and finally found what I was looking for. My husband helps me with it also and soon he will be able to quit his job and be home with us. And then we both will have a career at home. This is a totally fantastic feeling. I would truly love to help you if you you would like.  That's what I do, is help people and it's such a rewarding feeling.  Take care.    

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 8, 2006, 8:03 am CST

My career with working at home

I am a 46 year old stay-at-home mom of 2 and I work at home for a company called AmeriPlanUSA. They are awesome to work for. I absolutely love it! I was in the Air Force for 13 years when my husband (who is retired Air Force) and I decided to have kids. So, I got out. As my kids got older, I felt a need to go back to work, but I didn't want to leave my kids.  And besides that, my paycheck would have just gone to childcare.  So I searched for 2 years for something legit and finally found what I was looking for. My husband helps me with it also and soon he will be able to quit his job and be home with us. And then we both will have a career at home. This is a totally fantastic feeling.  

Laurie

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 8, 2006, 8:40 am CST

Know what you are going through-would like to help

Quote From: messagrl21

My husband and I filed bankruptcy 3 years ago, and we were finally keeping up with our debt and things were going well....that is untill he decided to start his own buisness. We are now in a position where we just bought our first house and I am realizing that he wont take advice and do things the right way. We are slowly drowning again. We have 3 children, 3 year old twins,  and a 7 year old. I feel like I should be going to work but with the three kids it would defeat the purpose due to babysitting cost. Our credit card debt is under 2000, but we are finding it difficult to pay them off. Now its tax season and we have no savings from the buisness to pay. Please help, I fear I will have a mental breakdown with all of this on my plate.

Hi, I just saw your post and I know exactly how you feel.  I am 46 and a stay at home mom of 2.  My husband and I ended up filing bankruptcy over 7 years ago and we were doing ok for a while, paying for everything with cash.  Then things started going bad again.  We ended up with credit card debt, again.  So, we went to a credit counciling place and now we are just about paid up, again.  I got so tired of this that I knew I needed to help bring in some money, but, we have 2 kids and I didn't want to leave them.  And like you said, child care would just end up keeping my paycheck.  So, I search for over 2 years for something I could do at home that was legit and I finally found what I was looking for.  I work at home for a company called AmeriPlanUSA.  My husband helps me with it also and soon he will be able to quit his job and be home with us.  And then we both will have a career at home and our kids will have both parents there for them.  This is a totally fantastic feeling.  We will no longer be in debt.  I would love to tell you what I do if you are interested.  Someone helped me and now I would like to help you.  You can email me at rlsangels@earthlink.net.  Take care. 

Laurie 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 15, 2006, 9:12 am CST

Reply to "Single Mother !!!!!"

Quote From: collettex2

hello, i am a 40yr old single mother of a great 7yr old, were were recently evicted from our apt and now staying in a homeless shelter. Trying to pay back rent, keeping lights on and gas on and doing what i could to keep some kind of food in the house just didnt seem to work for me. And hearing the kansas system tell me that because i make $8.76 per hour that i made too much money for any assistance other than child care (which is very helpful!!!! ) But now, all of my possession could be auctioned off in the next 15 days and calling a homeless shelter home (for now), how is there any kind of justice in that???? Yes, i am now feeling lost and that the God that i had been serving had definately left me!!!! I really cant believe that this is happening to me !!!!!!!

Hi, I just emailed you some information to your email address.  I hope it helps.  Take care. 

Laurie 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 17, 2006, 8:47 am CST

From one AF retiree to another

Quote From: rroberts46

I am having a hard time understanding what my effect my personality has on me being unable to hold down a job.  I have an MBA in marketing.  I have not been able to find any high level jobs so I have taken low level admin jobs and I keep getting fired.  The last one the owner of the company said I was too agressive.  I was out of work for a year before I got my last job and that only lasted 3 months.  Before I went back to school to get my MBA at age 50 I had a very successful career in the Air Force.  I wanted more - what I really wanted was what I had in the Air Force - a job with responsibility and prestige, but so far I have been unable to find that.  I am so scared now because I really need a job to survive and don't know what to do. 

Sometimes it seems that the Military gives people a lot of job responsibilities that just don't match what the civilian sector can offer.  My husband retired from the Air Force 8 years ago, and has been lucky enough to find positions that wanted responsible people, not just a person to fill a space in an office.  But, there was still something missing, and we think it was the ability to try to control his future a bit more.   Have you considered starting your own business, home base or other, to give yourself the challenges you may be looking for?  There are a lot of opportunities out there.  We were lucky enough to find a homebase business with a company to be involved with..  And we've not looked back since. The feeling is so rewarding with what we do.  Maybe your own business where you answer to only you, would give you what you're looking for?  If you are ever interested in what we do, just go to my profile and email me.  Hope you find what you are looking for.  Take care. 

Laurie

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 17, 2006, 2:08 pm CST

Quick note for renegade

Quote From: renagade

I hear what your saying.  I am 59 and have been fired also.  I also agree with Laurie(laurie I sent you an email and it came back). 

The military and civilian world are different.  There are two words in your blog that are the key telling 

points of why your having trouble.  The first one is aggresive - not in all places, but this is viewed by 

one too many businesses as a Negative - I know because I am.  The other word that really bothers 

me is 'prestige'.  Very few companies of today that I have read are willing to put a newcomer in a  

Prestige job in the beginning. 

Laurie is right if you are aggressive the best bet is to go out on your own.  I myself signed up for Expericnce works and they are helping me Also I am doing things on my own because I am too this 

and too that. 

Do not let any of this get to you At All. 

Rog 

I've only got a few seconds, just wanted to tell you to resend your email you said you sent to me.  It is rlsangels@earthlink.net.  I don't know why it didn't get to me.  It is correct in my profile.  Thanks.

Laurie

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 17, 2006, 2:11 pm CST

Quick note for renegade

Quote From: renagade

I hear what your saying.  I am 59 and have been fired also.  I also agree with Laurie(laurie I sent you an email and it came back). 

The military and civilian world are different.  There are two words in your blog that are the key telling 

points of why your having trouble.  The first one is aggresive - not in all places, but this is viewed by 

one too many businesses as a Negative - I know because I am.  The other word that really bothers 

me is 'prestige'.  Very few companies of today that I have read are willing to put a newcomer in a  

Prestige job in the beginning. 

Laurie is right if you are aggressive the best bet is to go out on your own.  I myself signed up for Expericnce works and they are helping me Also I am doing things on my own because I am too this 

and too that. 

Do not let any of this get to you At All. 

Rog 

I've only got a few seconds, just wanted to tell you to resend your email you said you sent to me.  It is rlsangels@earthlink.net.  I don't know why it didn't get to me.  It is correct in my profile.  Thanks.

Laurie

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 18, 2006, 10:10 am CST

Response to nadaclue

Quote From: nadaclue

Dear Laurie - Pls tell me more...ie, what is it that makes you think your personality has so much to do with your keeping and/or getting a job?  II am interested because in about a month I will be beginning a job search in my new town.  I am a bit (A LOT)aprehensive because at my last job it seems I just did not click with my coworkers.  My 3-month review was done by peers and many of them said I was too quiet.  Some said I asked too many questions, did not take care of internal problems by myself.  Then others said I did not ask enough questions.  I left there feeling really sad, depleted and just plain confused.  I want my next job to be a great experience but I am gunshy now. 

Hi, this is Laurie’s hubby.  Personality is what makes us who we are.  Face it, who wants to work with a grumpy  person for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.  I find that most folks are great people once you really get to find out just what makes them tick.  Even the grumpy ones have hearts once you’ve melted the ice away sometimes.  And if you are someone who enjoys your job, I believe it will reflect in how you perform your job.  But, not all jobs are suited for everyone.  And doing a job that you hate will reflect.  Have you ever been waited on by someone who can’t stand their job!  Not a pretty sight.  I think that’s why so many people are researching home based businesses now a days.  They are tired of doing something that they kind of like, but it just doesn’t make them feel complete.   And if you take advantage of all the tax benefits available, it would be silly not to even have a part time home biz just to get those.   That was one of the many reasons we jumped in.  Now, as for your past job where you had confusing reports on your 3-month review.  Your supervisor should have taken all that in with a grain of salt and understood that each co-worker saw you in a completely different light.  The out going ones may have seen you as too quiet, and the quiet ones who had been there a while couldn’t understand why you asked questions…  We’ll after 20 years in the service and 10 years in the private sector I’ve learned one thing.  There’s no such thing as too many questions when you’re learning a job.  I would have expected you to ask tons of questions within your first 3 months.  Unless the job entailed asking if you want fries with that!    Don’t be gun shy OK.  It seems that you have a lot to offer an employer, and it seems that you’re looking for a fresh start if you’re going to a new town.  Treat it as such.  A fresh start.   

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2006, 11:36 am CDT

Debt

Quote From: mdearest

I have read some of the postings on here and I see that some of  you work from home. Could you tell me what type of work you are doing. I am interested in making some extra money to pay off some credit card debt, but need to be around home for my 11 yr old daughter. If any of you that work from home could contact me with information I would greatly appreciate it.  

Thanks,  

Michelle  

Hi Michelle, 

Just wondering if you have found anything for working at home?  If not, I am a stay-at-home mom who also works from home and I would love to tell you what I do.  You can email me at rlsangels@earthlink.net and I can send you some info.  I cannot give you information on this site at all.  Take care. 

Sincerely, 

Laurie 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board