Message Boards

Messages By: cmacollins

User Mood
Scared

Message Emote
sad
August 22, 2005, 2:32 am CDT

We need help

I am a parent of two teens. My daughter is a wonderfully bright fun active 15 year old. Then there is my son. He has recenly (3 weeks ago) decided that he likes living on the street rather than being at home. I can't even begin to explain how I am feeling. Depressed, scared, lonely, desperate, confused, angry, and most of all ALONE. My spouse, I have been with him 10 years but with the last five being very sketchy. He will not even deal with my son, not one bit. My son has broken into his house and stolen from him. I know that is totally unacceptable and that my son should suffer consequences... but to be written off? Thrown away like trash? I just don't think that is right. I don't know where to turn. My son has been diagnosed with general depression. The psychiatrist prescribed medication, when I called them to tell them that my son was going down, they have not returned my calls. The police might go get him and bring him home, but I can't make him stay. Can anyone please tell me what I can do next? I can't just go on with my life as if nothing is wrong. That is what most people are telling me to do. Just sit back, the kid made his choice... To me that is just about the craziest thing I have ever heard. He is sixteen. not 26 or 36. 16. a boy, not a man. This just isn't right. I am going right out of my mind. All I want to do is drink. It is a struggle every day to smile at my daughter and love her. I feel cheated and worn out. Tired. If anyone at all has anything to offer, please please please... write to me.   

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board