Message Boards

Messages By: sneeeezer

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
July 22, 2005, 11:26 pm CDT

I'm back

<b> <font color=blue font size=2> You could say that I was very surprised when I came home tonight and had an email from the good DOC'S website with a link for me to go to and reset my password.  I did, and here I am.Confused though. It looks like if we want to read any of the replies we have to click on each one individually. I liked the old way where we could just view all messages. This is going to be very time consuming. I probably won't do replies as such, I will just post to people as a new message all the time and hopefully others will do that too in the interest of saving everyone time and the chance that they will miss and answer to their post.

<b> <font color=green font size=2> VICKIE: It is so good to see you back again. Many of us kept in touch by email, but I don't know if anyone had your email address. We were worried that if the boards did not come back, that we may lose touch with you. KAREN: Good to see you back at both boards. I have not posted on the other board yet but will go back there later. MARY: Where are you off to on your holidays....someplace exciting or someplace relaxing? Whichever it is I hope you have a swell time. ALICE: Working hard and getting your exercise cutting the grass and then swimming.....sounds like a winning combination to me.  BEVERLY: Calm down girl. We will master this new format yet and even though we may not like it as well, we will deal iwth it and not stress out about it. Chin up, you can do it.

<b> <font size=2> I am off to the other board now and am going to try and figure out some more of this site. Love ya all. See you tomorrow.  Marion/BC

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 11:28 pm CDT

Over 50 WLC Community

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
July 22, 2005, 11:42 pm CDT

Hi , I am back

Well, I am back and confused. I posted on the other board and tried to make the print bold and colored and size 2, but it did not seem to work. Also my user ID is showing with a frame of dashes around it.....why is that. Nobody elses is, so what do you all know that I don't know....LOL. Hi DONNA, I posted on the other board and forgot to say hi to you there. Just want you to know I was not being rude, but once I got into where I was posting the message, I could not get back out to check on who all had posted.  Then after I posted, I could not see anyway to go back and edit my message like we used to.

Well, I just now see how to add color and to make it bold. But the only two choices we have is black or red. Can't see anyway to increase the size of the print though. May have to revert to using capital letters again.

Well ladies, I just wanted to stop in and say HI before I hit the hay. Will check in again tomorrow.  Love ya all.  Marion/BC

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
July 23, 2005, 12:16 pm CDT

oy- yoy-yoy

Still trying to figure this thing out.  I notice that in my previous post my user name is still coming up with  box of dashes showing around it.  Nobody elses is. What have I done or not done. I sat up until 2am reading all the postings on the other boards. Most only had 10 or less messages, but Circle Of Friends board had over 250. I read them all......it was quite entertaining as they were all playing around with the new board trying to figure it out.  They figured out how to use all the smiley's so it was quite comical to be watching this from the side lines.

I am not crazy about this new format, but have decided that it is not worth stressing out about. It is here, so if we wish to continue on as a group, then we need to adjust our attitudes and accept it. As teh great Dr. says about weightloss, Get Real or Get Real Fat. Well with this I guess we have to Get Real or Get Real Lonely. It is a choice we have to make. I choose to try and stay connected with the friends I have found here. It amy be difficult for awhile, but I am sure we will figure it all out. I can remember when I started here over a year ago, I had a hard time figuring out the other board too, but perseverence worked and it will again.

Still have not been able to add a picture....gotta work on that one.

Love ya all.  Marion/BC

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 4:30 pm CDT

PST

Good afternoon, evening, morning or whatever, where ever you are. I see that the posting times are now in Pacific Standard Time not Central anymore.  How did we luck out gals......maybe they knew that we were the most confused bunch so they decided to make one thing easier for us.

I just got back from visiting my mom. She is doing so much better, almost back to her old self again. We always get so worried when she withdraws and doesn't make any sense or know who we are, and then she springs back.  I think this is her method of recovering after a trauma.

We on the west coast are enjoying another day of beautiful sunny weather and a nice breeze. Got to love it.

ESMAY: Good to see that you got yourself all sorted out and found your way back Made my day to log on and see your icon looking back at me.

Happy Birthday to all the birthday people over the last couple weeks and this week.

Love ya all,  Marion/BC

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
July 23, 2005, 5:31 pm CDT

where is everyone

Come on ladies, don't let this new format keep you away. We only have 45 messages so far.  We don't want to fall to the bottom of the pack, not after all the emails we sent telling them to get us back up and running.  Circle of Friends board is over 400 messages on it already. I am hoping that the lack of posting is due to good weather and that everyone is busy enjoying it and out getting their IE in.

Love ya all and miss ya.  Marion/BC

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
July 25, 2005, 12:56 am CDT

Hello lovely ladies

Here it is, after midnight and I am just now getting on to read all the postings from today. Had a busy day. Slept in until 10am, then did a bit of housework and went to see my mother for a bit. Did a bit of shopping at Costco and then went out to a bar-b-que at friends place. Just now got home. Tomorrow, I am taking a day of my holidays and we are having a family bar-b-que as we have a cousin from Winnipeg visiting.

DIANA: Happy Birthday to you yesterday. Hope you had a good day.

VICKIE: Happy Birthday to you today. Have a good day with that hubby of yours.

KAREN: Happy Birthday to you tomorrow - in case I forget by tomorrow-tee hee. My memory fails me quite often now adays. I loved your posting about all the things that you can now do that you could not do before, and all the changes to your body.

MALEESE: Is that how you spell it....can't get back to the message board to check without losing this posting.  I am impressed with how much you have lost in less than a month. How did you do it? You must have been able to just stand on the scales and watch the needle go down.....LOL. I started out at 310 and got down to 254 and then I started climbing again when I started working evening shift and went back up to 270. I think I have lost about 4 lbs of that (maybe not after tonight's bar-b- que). I think I am ready to give this the good old college try again. I would appreciate any tips you can give me on how you lost yours. I would be quite happy even to lose 15 lbs in a month. One thing I do know is that I have to get out and do some walking again. I have been idle tooooooo long.

SHARON: Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so glad that you were able to go back to be with your mom and dad at this time. Hang in there sweetie.

OTHER SHARON: As I mentioned above, my memory fails me at times. I feel like I should know who you are, but I cannot recall.  Possibly you joined us while I was working that evening shift. I know a few did, but I just did not have the time to keep up with it all, so there could be a few others here that I do not remember too.  Please tell me a bit about yourself so that I will be able to get to know you.  All the best in your WLC journey.

Love ya all.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Marion/BC

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
chillin'
July 25, 2005, 2:32 pm CDT

Happy Monday

Happy Monday to everybuddy.  Just popping on for a few minutes before my company arrives.

SHARON: Thank you for the brief bio on you.  How could I forget the lady who runs over kangaroos...tee hee.

KAREN: About the log in.....if you are the only one using your computer, maybe try not signing off the internet.....just minimize the Dr. Phil screen.  I used to do this all the time on the old board when I first started because I had such a hard time finding my way back in again. Worked for me and it was always right where I left off at too. Of course if your internet ties up your phone line, then that would not be a good suggestion. I happen to be on ADSL so it does not affect my phone line.

Gotta run now.  May be able to check back tonight.

Marion/BC

PS: Where has Pooz gotten too?

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
July 25, 2005, 2:54 pm CDT

I agree Karen

I agree whole-heartedly with what you said Karen. I am sure once all the kinks get worked out that we will find it much easier to operate on this board. Personally, I am not really having any difficulty with it other than trying to get my icon up. Though I noticed on the other board that an icon did come up, but it is not very clear.  But if people only remember me by my icon, then maybe I wasn't worth remembering anyway..smiling.  We may find it hard getting used to these new boards, but don't forget, we found it hard to lose weight too.  Did we give up on losing weight....NO, so lets not give up on the new boards either.

I forgot that today was Monday, so I did not weigh in this morning. I may wait until next Monday, or I may remember and do it tomorrow.

Gotta run now as we are having a family b-b que at our house today and I have last minute things to do. Hope everyone is having a good day today.

Love ya.  Marion/BC

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
surprised
July 26, 2005, 4:07 pm CDT

Pooz

Well girl, you finally made it here. If you click on my "message emote" to the right of this message, you will see that I am surprised to see you. I was very confused with the boards the first day, but they are gradually getting the bugs worked out and now I don't really mind them.  If you go to your profile and scroll to the bottom, you will see a section where you have a choice of newest or oldest. I put oldest.  When I am finished for the day or whatever, I save the screen to my favorites at the very top of the screen. Then when I come back I go to my favorites, click on it and I am right back where I left off, and all the postings are in the right order the same as they were on the other board. I refer to read forwards rather than backwards.  The date and time of each post are displayed on the top right of the message.....****take note, it is in our time zone....PST****.  At any rate, you will get used to it. As I said in one of my previous messages, "Losing weight isn't easy either, but have we given up on it?"  "NO" so let's not give up on the new boards either.

Love ya.  Marion/BC

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board