Message Boards

Messages By:

January 5, 2006, 8:20 pm CST

Here in Fayetteville, AR

Quote From: clgarner68

Hello, My name is Christy Pine Bluff-Sheridan area, Arkansas, and I watched two of Phils shows the last todays and it has taken a pickin on me.  I am weighing in a 250 right now, I was 262 in october 05.  I had a medical problem and in order for it to resolve itself, I had to completely make a change in my lifestyle of eating.  Which I have and am slowly working on getting my weight off. I have emailed the show to get some incouragement or advise.  I don't feel comfortable going to a gym due to my size, I have no friends my size whom I could go with.  My friends would help me if I asked, but my friends have their families and are smaller.  I am not happy with the way that my body looks and I am the only one who can change this.  I thought I would join this message board to see if I could get some positive feedback and maybe meet new friends in my same perdicament looking for support from others.   

Thanks Christy, 

Hello Christy...I am from Fayetteville, AR.  I need to loose 160 pounds to be at my own personal goal.  I am older so I will not be able to loose as easily.  I know I need to exercise along with eating healthy in order to be a success at weight loss, however with the extra 160 pounds on my small 5'2" frame I have so much trouble and pain in my knees that I am unable to do most any kind of exercise which includes walking...at least very far or long.  I am too embarrassed to get out in public on a daily basis much less going to a public gym where I would feel like everyone is watching me and making fun, even if they are not even paying any attention at all. 

On one of Dr. Phil's shows this week he had a lady that lost well over 100 pounds using his two books and she really looked great.  I know she was many years younger than myself, however it still gave me some encouragement that there might still be hope for me.  If you have any suggestions or words of encouragement I could really use some. 

Thank you...Sheila 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board