Message Boards

Messages By: vixsen927

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
July 29, 2005, 12:11 pm CDT

Weird habbit

This may seem silly but I have a six year old little boy who has never had a blankie or used passies when he was a baby. He has always been a confident little boy but now out of nowhere he has started blowing on the back of his hand. I dont know if he is doing this consiously or not I have asked him why he does this and he just tells me he doesnt know. It doesnt seem like something major but Im not sure how conserned to be about this. He doesnt make an issue out of it like he's trying to get attention its subtle when he does it. It to me seems like a strange habbit to pick up. If I try and make an issue out of it and try and make him stop Im afraid that he will start doing it for attention. So I guess Im a bit confused as to what to think or do. Anyone with any ideas Id be really glad to hear them.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
August 2, 2005, 10:49 am CDT

General Advice

Quote From: tray00

My son will be 9 in October.  He wets the bed everynight.  Occassionally when he sleeps over at friends houses, he does not wet the bed. 

I have tried stopping drinks after 6pm.  Getting him to go pee before he goes to bed.  I have also woke him up to go pee when I go to bed (around 11pm) He has either allready peed or still wakes up wet.  I have even gone as far as the medication prescribed by doctors.  That didn't work either. 

Every night he wears pullups to bed.  (I have to buy the Good nights as the sizing is bigger, and they are more expensive) This morning he went right through his pull up and we are washing his sheets. 

I am so tired of washing clothes and smelling pee in his room.  I do not scold him for this, but I have started making him do his own wash and making up his bed when it is all clean.

My 5 yr old thinks that he needs to wear pull ups as well.  I tell him he doesn't need to but he says his brother does so he wants to. ANd occassionally he will wet the bed as well. 

I occasionally wet the bed when I was young, (as an older child, amybe up til I was 11) But not every night.  This is driving me crazy!  Sometimes we don't have any pull ups, as I refuse to by them at $20 a bag, (you know 2 days before pay day). I will not buy one of those electrice shockers, that shocks them when they pee in thier sleep........

Basically I don't think any one can help us, he will just have to grow out of it, but I needed to vent....Thanks for listening!

Thank you for answering my message. My Brother was the same way he wet the bed up till he was about 7 or 8. I wish there was something I could remember they done but I cant seem to remember anything. He eventually grew out of it though. It may not be much consulation but the only advice I can think of is just to support him and try not to chastize him for it I believe he will grow out of it but I wouldnt want him to feel bad either. Im sure its really embarising for him. Their self esteem is so easy to hurt at such a young age.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board