Message Boards

Messages By: ulnamn

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
July 23, 2005, 2:41 pm CDT

WELCOME TO OUR NEW BOARD!

Looks as though our new board site is ready for us.We talked about getting back to the basics and reading and discussing Dr Phil's book.I'm hoping we can start working on our weight loss together again by sharing what works.I know it doesn't work just to talk about it.Why don't we each read Chapter one this week and post some of the thoughts that speak out to us.I know when I started reading the WLC I seriously did not eat any place but at the table.Lately I find myself taking some nuts or fruit to munch on when I go to bed.I even have it underlined in red in my book on pg 8.   It's about changing what you eat, why you eat, WHERE YOU EAT, ETC.Changing even one thing at a time is important.I will not snack in bed! WLC buddy Joy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 2:33 pm CDT

Hi All

Welcome home, Dolores!I hope we get used to the new board.I made a few circles before deciding I would just post but we will get used to it and I know the staff will help us.Dolores, you are the first and only one who has reached goal so we will need your encouragement that if we reach goal we can stay there...you are the leader!I haven't done any reading in "the book" yet today but hope to get there after dinner.I haven't eaten in bed LOL.I was going to try the gym today but I have shingles and thought I'd wait until I'm through with the medicine for that which will be Thursday.I went to the doc last Wednesday and have three spots which are clearing up.I was a little nervous as I've heard so many horror stories about shingles....so far so good.Ginnyjane, I'm glad to see you found the new board.

Welcome to the gal over 80 who posted!Keep in touch as we love supporters and hope we can give support!!

I'm not sure but think we might have to check out our profiles and I don't have time right now.  Joy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 2:53 pm CDT

Good luck AJ

Quote From: ready_able

Found you again and will give you a little information.

First, I will find my Dr. Phil Book and begin reading.

Next, my exercise for upper body will be limited for the time being but not for long. I will get a pacemaker on Friday - day surgery, and start reading. Walking and Pilates on the Ball should also be on my menu next week.

For the rest of this week I am run ragged getting my den in order and everything caught up to take a few easy days after the surgery.

Will check in tomorrow to see what you have in mind. I would like to lose 25 pounds, how about the rest of you.

AJ

Just want to say I wish you well with your surgery.  I'm sure you'll have to take it a little easy for a few days.  Always so much to do trying to get ready for surgery when we know it's coming up.  Emergency surgeries we just get through without all the preparation so what you don't get done will be there for later.  Will keep our eyes open for your posting.  Joy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 1:58 pm CDT

Good Afternoon

Did my laundry this morning, baked cookies, and cleaned under my sink....a job I've been going to do every time I see it but now it's done...not dirty but messy.This afternoon I've been cleaning my sewing area and sewed another quilt block. I fell asleep last night while reading "the book". I've read it before more than once but remember after I read it the first time I did put the knowledge and awareness into action.(Pg 6)I have gained back some of my weight and now need to take action before I regain any more....time to get on the losing side! Tomorrow I'm going to check out the gym 3 miles down the road. It just opened this spring. I liked Curves but think I would like to spend at least an hour working out plus this place has treadmills and bikes. They also have an aerobic class for seniors one day a week. I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow. WLCB Joy

P.S.I like having spell check for words such as aerobic!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 2:05 pm CDT

Ready and Able

Quote From: ready_able

You are such a great group.  Monday I will be raring to go (on the computer) not quite running laps.  What do you all do?

Did you know you can find personal information about each one by clicking on our user name? Click on "ulnamn" and it will take you to my profiles. I think we might have to write new ones for the new board so I am going to check right now. Joy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 29, 2005, 1:35 pm CDT

Good afternoon to all

I posted yesterday but somehow my message did not reach the board.  Glad to see you back, Jane.  I sent directions to Lois but haven't heard from her as yet.  My shingles are all gone, GJ...thanks for your concern.  I went to the gym yesterday and really enjoyed it.  I did strength training for chest, back, biceps(front of the arm, triceps(back of the arm), abs, quads(front of leg, hamstrings(back of leg), plus the treadmill(cardio).  I did 10 reps of each, rested 30 seconds, and did 10 more reps.  They recommend 2/3 days of strength training and 3/5 days of cardio.  They say not to work the same muscle two days in a row so today I just did cardio....treadmill and bike.  Tomorrow I'll do strength training.  They have senior aerobics on Monday's and Wednesday's.  I think I have found the gym I want to join.  Just have to see if they have a partner gym in Texas or if I can join for 8 months of the year.  I met the owner today and he seems very nice.  I had met his wife previously.  I posted my profile but not as much room as before so it got cut off....will have to check it out again.  I like your scene, GJ.  Another thing I'll have to try to do.  Nice to have our support group together again.  Joy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
July 30, 2005, 12:07 pm CDT

Saturday greetings

After breakfast I went to a garage sale at our church cleaning out things that were no longer used.  I found an old communion service set that I will take to Texas as we don't have one for our service.  Always put the individual glasses on a tray and one or two always tip over.  Then I went to the gym on the way home.  I met the other owner who had given me the slip for two free weeks.  She looked over my program and thought I would like to use a ball for abs.  I was a little hesitant as I could picture myself falling off a rolling ball but she showed my how to use it and before I left I did go back and use it and it was fun.  She also sent a ball home with me plus a DVD showing the many ways to use these balls.  She thought I would gain more confidence in the privacy of my home.  Really nice gal!!  I thought I'd have to go to my son's house to use their DVD and all of a sudden a light bulb came on...I can use my laptop.  I'm more impressed with each visit.  So good to hear you are all doing something for exercise...really does make one feel better.  Jane, that sweet corn sounds wonderful!!  There are a few places selling around here but I'm waitng for ours as there is nothing better than to put a kettle of water on and go pick fresh sweet corn to throw in the pot.  My tomaotes are looking good but I didn't get them in very early.  Have a great day. Joy 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 1:05 pm CDT

Good afternoon to all

Can't believe it's almost 3PM.  Archie and I played dominoes when I came home from the gym and then played another one after our late lunch.  He went out to dig potatoes and I said I needed some computer time.  I went to Senior aerobics and it was a fun class....worked with dumbbells, small balls, and stretch bands, as we marched in place, plus did a lot of exercise moves.  It lasted an hour and I was sweating some which is unusual for me.  I could do most everything and keep up except I have to practice standing on one leg.  Also had trouble  walking side ways standing on stretch band....stretching the band with your feet as you move sideways.  I signed up again for Wednesday.  I had walked for 10 min on the treadmill before class so I didn't do anymore.  Don't want to overdo.  Tomorrow I'll do my strength exercise.  Do hope you all had a nice weekend.  I'm going to send an E-mail to Lois so will let you know if she's having problems  finding us.  Joy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 2, 2005, 5:17 pm CDT

Another Day

Spent time at the gym this morning.  Have met a couple gals whose name I can remember so had fun visiting and comparing notes.  I did my strength training today, plus abs, treadmill (1 mile) and bike(1 mile).  Had an eye doctor appointment this afternoon....not enough change to buy new glasses.  My choice.  I haven't changed glasses since May 2001 but my vision is still pretty much 20/20.  He just told me to have an examine every year now in case I develop any eye disease.  Dolores...sorry about your water problem....especially when you wanted to go to the gym.  What exercises do you do?  You'll have to get there to take care of that Mississippi Mud! LOL   Jane...I can appreciate your heat and dry problems as they hit us on their way to you.  I didn't golf this morning because it would have reached the 90 plus before we could get through.  Enjoy your wedding, Ginnyjane.  Time for our evening game of dominoes.  We've played two games already today. Joy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 4, 2005, 4:41 pm CDT

Hi to everyone

Didn't make the board yesterday between exercising and getting home in time to greet my company.  A neighbor gal from high school days.  We try to get together at least once a year but it's been about 2 1/2 years...at our 50 anniversary.  Yesterday was aerobics plus treadmill and today I did my strength exercises, treadmill for 20 min and abs.   Delores, it sounds as though we are using a lot of the same equipment.  Sure hope you get to feeling better soon to get back to it.  Looks as though everyone is too busy to post.  I sent an E-mail to Lois but have not heard back so maybe if I remember tonight I'll call her on my cell after 9 PM as it will be a free call.  I see we had a visitor telling us about a group wanting to discuss the book.  I don't have time to check it out now but might look at it later.  I'll try to check in again tomorrow.  I have two spots of shingles to watch.  The doctor told me I might get more but these don't itch or bother me so will see what tomorrow brings.  Joy

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board