Message Boards

Messages By: raeberry

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2005, 4:31 pm CDT

Pretty ugly

I am not an ugly person, but had a very beautiful friend. I was the cripple, fat girl. In reality, I am a wonderful friend, giving and caring person. I went on to be married and have 2 great kids. I think I'm a pretty good Mom too. My beautiful friend, was never taken seriously. She's now a single Mom  of 3 on welfare. I believe that if she had been judged for who she was, not what she looked like, things would have turned out differently.  

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2005, 4:41 pm CDT

09/14 Season Premiere

Quote From: mclarke51

•   I  am 57 and had a nagging, controlling mother. I was 17 5'2" and weighted 115 lbs and she took me to weight doctors. I took shots, pills and eventually discovered in my early twenties that you could eat all you want and throw up. This was before Bulimic even had a name.  I thought I had discovered the greatest diet in the world. I also abused laxatives.    This activity lasted more than 20 years. I know I am lucky to be alive today.I was alway a very pretty woman. I dated a lot and was into lots of different things like scuba diving, aerobatics, camping and fishing.  I had a great personality and loved to make people laugh. When  My mother died in 96 , I felt like I finally became an adult. I learned from her and my father( who she controlled as well) that unless you were thin you were not lovable.   I was an only child.  It was not until I was  around 40 that I realized at 155lbs that the fact that I was molested at 10 by a girlfriend father had a lot to do with my weight. From about 26 to 34 I was quite the looker. I worked for a newspaper in my early twentys and the photograpers loved to take pictures of me. I must have weighed 118 maybe. I would never let them use the pictures because I saw my self as fat.When I married my second husband I gained it and more and at 37 when my son was born I blossomed even more. My highest weight was 200. Now I am no longer bulimic. Thanks to many years of counseling.  And it pretty much stopped when she died. I have been told it was the only thing no one could control but me. I now go to curves and have just recently joined weight watchers. I have lost  about 14 lbs so far. Some weeks I loose and some weeks I gain some back, but it is all about learning to eat healthy and stay at it. If I mess up I just start it again. But I don't hear the little voice saying  eat it all , its ok you can just throw up.  I heard that for a long long long time. and now I am free.  I have  been working on a book about my life which I am calling " A Butterfly in a Jar, a love story". It talks about how I have learned to love myself even with the weight. My mother has been gone for almost 10 years, and my father about 3. I am just now beginning to have good dreams about her. I know that they loved me, in there own way and only wanted me to be my best. But my life may have traveled a very different road, if my self esteem was not always  the way I saw myself in a mirror.  I want to loose the weight now finally because of health issues and I want to be able to go hiking and scuba diving with out worry of a heart attack.  Most people do not think I am as old as I am but I am still quite the character.  I truly believe in most peoples weight problems it has a lot to do with control or abuse. And believe me lots of men find heavy women very attractive. I hope someday to help others with my book.

Keep up the good work. Good luck with your book. You are an amazing woman. 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
October 7, 2006, 7:55 am CDT

Plastic Surgery on kids for no good reason.....

.....is just crazy. Obviously, there are times when it is necessary. Cleft Pallets etc, but to operate to make what one perceives as improvements on a child is just plain crazy. What message is being given to this poor girl? She should be hearing that she's smart and kind and warm and loving. That's what counts.

I think Mom needs to see a Psychiatrist.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 15, 2008, 5:57 am CST

kids overweight

These kids seem to have extreme over eating issues. Have they been tested for Prader Willie Syndrome? I have worked with people with this syndrome and it is controllable, but it would be easier to start controlling it at this young age.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board