Circle of Support Dos and Don'ts
Key #7, circle of support, is the hardest key because you can't do it yourself, and you can't control others. Here's what Dr. Phil suggests for how to support — and make sure you don't sabotage — a loved one. DOs
- Remind me how much you care.
- Trust in me.
- Give me positive feedback.
- Honor my behavior and actions.
- Be patient with me.
- Be honest about your feelings.
- Laugh with me. DONTs
- Sabotage me with tempting foods.
- Make fun of my program.
- Make threats of separation.
- Downplay the importance of my health.
- Be threatened.
- Call me names.
- Put yourself down.