Do You Know How to Brat-Proof Your Child?
Do you cave easily to your child's temper tantrums? Unsure if your discipline techniques are doing more harm than good? Betsy Brown Braun, child development and behavior specialist and author of You're Not the Boss of Me, offers the following quiz.
1) What do you do if your child has a case of the "Gimme, Gimme's"?a. Make them aware of how "spoiled" they are.
b. Make them long for it so they will appreciate it when they actually get it.
c. Have them donate some of their toys to less fortunate children so that they will appreciate what they have.
d. Say no to some of his requests.
2) What do you do if your child lacks respect?a. Without mincing words, tell them that they may not talk to you disrespectfully.
3) What do you do when your child lacks responsibility?a. Tell them what you expect, and if they don't follow through, take some of their possessions away.
4) What do you do if your child isn't self-reliant?
5) What do you do when your child has a problem with honesty?a. Take away their privileges.
To learn more about big parenting mistakes and how to deal with them, click here.
TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: Problems with your teen?