Fixing a Broken Marriage
It is not too late: You can rescue your relationship and reconnect with your partner. It may not be easy, but here's Dr. Phil's advice on where to even begin.
- Recognize that you have the power to redefine the relationship. Even if you feel like a victim, you play a role in setting up what is and isn't acceptable in your marriage.
- Stop the ego-driven power struggle. Don't be a "right-fighter." Is it worth destroying your marriage so you can be right in every argument?
- Make a promise to work on your marriage every single day — not just during the bad times, but also during the good ones.
- Make a plan together to renegotiate the relationship. Even patterns that you've had for 20 years can be changed.
- Your vows are about commitment, not method. If the methods you've been using aren't working, it's time to try new ones.
All content provided and shared on this platform (including any information provided by users) is intended only for informational, entertainment, and communication purposes on matters of public interest and concern and is not intended to replace or substitute for professional medical, financial, legal, or other advice. None of the content should be considered mental health or medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.