How to Spot a Drama Queen
Are you a drama queen? Or do you know one? In his book Life Strategies, Dr. Phil looks at different ways in which people engage the world. These are some signs of a drama queen:
- None of their life events, even the ordinary ones, are ordinary. (They could create drama from watching paint dry!)
- Every sickness they have is the worst the doctor has ever seen.
- They have to be the center of attention and are insecure.
- They thrive on crisis.
- Every comment made to them is either the sweetest, warmest thing they have ever heard or the rudest, most vicious attack imaginable.
- They engage the world in such a way as to sacrifice all credibility. Those around them soon recognize their histrionics, and discount anything and everything they say.
- They are overanimated and act out scenes.
- People respond to them with lots of smiles, nods and eye rolls.
- They wear their history on their sleeve.
All content provided and shared on this platform (including any information provided by users) is intended only for informational, entertainment, and communication purposes on matters of public interest and concern and is not intended to replace or substitute for professional medical, financial, legal, or other advice. None of the content should be considered mental health or medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.