Know the Facts about Teens and Sex
You may find them shocking, but these are the facts about teenage sexual activity. Use this information to become a force in your child's life and encourage him/her to make good choices.
- Ten percent of all 13-year-olds have had sexual intercourse.
- 50 percent of all teenagers have had sex by the time they enter the 10th grade.
- One in every five teenage girls will become pregnant during high school.
- Half of all teenagers don't believe oral sex is sex.
- By the time they finish high school, two-thirds of all young adults will have become sexually active.
All content provided and shared on this platform (including any information provided by users) is intended only for informational, entertainment, and communication purposes on matters of public interest and concern and is not intended to replace or substitute for professional medical, financial, legal, or other advice. None of the content should be considered mental health or medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.