Parenting in the Real World: A Test
As parents, it’s important to empower children and help them become independent — but how do you know you’re on the right track? Dr. Phil shares some helpful tips from his new book, Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World.
For more information on parenting in the real world, get your copy of Life Code: New Rules for Winning in the Real World.
- Have I been preparing my children to function successfully at the next level of life?
- Have I taught my children to internalize my disciplines and values so that they “self-police” in their lives when I’m not around?
- Have I taught my children to self-protect so that they can keep themselves out of harm’s way when I’m no longer around to watch over them?
- Have I instilled in my children a sense of pride and self-worth so that they will hold themselves to a standard of performance in meeting their obligations and contributing to society?
- Have I taught my children to have the courage to be honest with themselves about themselves and others in their lives so they don’t live a lie or become a victim?
All content provided and shared on this platform (including any information provided by users) is intended only for informational, entertainment, and communication purposes on matters of public interest and concern and is not intended to replace or substitute for professional medical, financial, legal, or other advice. None of the content should be considered mental health or medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.