Parenting in the Real World: A Test
As parents, it’s important to empower children and help them become independent — but how do you know you’re on the right track? Dr. Phil shares some helpful tips from his new book, Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World.
For more information on parenting in the real world, get your copy of Life Code: New Rules for Winning in the Real World.
- Have I been preparing my children to function successfully at the next level of life?
- Have I taught my children to internalize my disciplines and values so that they “self-police” in their lives when I’m not around?
- Have I taught my children to self-protect so that they can keep themselves out of harm’s way when I’m no longer around to watch over them?
- Have I instilled in my children a sense of pride and self-worth so that they will hold themselves to a standard of performance in meeting their obligations and contributing to society?
- Have I taught my children to have the courage to be honest with themselves about themselves and others in their lives so they don’t live a lie or become a victim?