Is your teen heading down a dangerous path? It’s important for parents to stay plugged in to their children’s lives and be aware of the warning signs of trouble.
Dr. Phil lists some of the realities that call for parental vigilance and action:
TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: Life in crisis?
- Conduct that is a danger to self or others
- Sexually inappropriate/risky conduct
- Involvement with drugs and alcohol
- Self-harm, e.g. cutting
- Suicidal attempts or ideation
- Conflict with school and/or police officials
- History of molestation, abuse or exposure to violence
- Family fragmentation through death or divorce
- Toxic romantic or friend relationships