Robin's Budget Beauty Recipes
"Feeling great at any age is a passion of mine," says Robin. To feel and look young, it helps to know a few secrets. Robin shares her special recipes for making at-home beauty products that will keep your skin glowing.
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of honey
Combine ingredients in a blender until smooth. Scrub on face. Remove with a washcloth and then rinse with cold water.
This scrub can be applied every day.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of your favorite liquid soap
- Juice from either 1/2 a grapefruit or 1 lemon
- Grated lemon or lime peel
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/4 cup of rose salt
- 2 tablespoons of an essential oil " Lavender is Robin's favorite
Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. When in the shower, rub all over from head to toes. Rinse with cold water " as cold as you can stand it.
Use once a week.
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
Mix into a paste. Moisten face and then apply paste in a circular motion. After face is completely covered, rinse with cool water.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Robin says, "This mix is a great way to start the day. It not only cleanses the body, but boosts the metabolism."