A gambling disorder is defined as gambling behavior that disrupts personal, family, and/or vocational pursuits.
Signs of a Gambling Disorder:
- Need to gamble with increasing amounts
- Restless or irritable when tries to stop
- Repeated unsuccessful efforts to cut back or stop
- Preoccupied with gambling
- Often gambles when feeling distressed
- After losing, often returns to get even (“chasing” one’s losses)
- Lies to conceal the extent of gambling
- Relationships jeopardized
- Relies on others to cover debts
*The above is provided for informational purposes only. If you have any concerns, please see a healthcare professional.